Can I please get some help on getting a monitor to work at 1440p AND 120hz?

Discus and support Can I please get some help on getting a monitor to work at 1440p AND 120hz? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I have the Dell S2719DGF, which supports 1440p 144hz over HDMI 2.0. I have an Xbox One X which supposedly supports 1440p 120hz also over HDMI 2.0.... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Gargoyles4rereal, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Can I please get some help on getting a monitor to work at 1440p AND 120hz?

I have the Dell S2719DGF, which supports 1440p 144hz over HDMI 2.0. I have an Xbox One X which supposedly supports 1440p 120hz also over HDMI 2.0.

When I choose the HDMI option instead of auto detect, I can manually change the resolution to 1440, but then it automatically bumps the refresh rate down to 60hz. When I change the refresh rate to 120hz, it bumps the resolution down to 1080p.

I am enrolled in the skip ahead beta if that matters. I have tried updating the monitors firmware, factory reset my Xbox, tried both HDMI ports on the monitor, tried multiple HDMI cables including the ones that came with the X and the monitor.

There have been dozens of posts about this issue with this specific monitor and with numerous others. This specific comment by /u/xboxinsider-display acknowledges the issue and offers an explanation as to why this is happening. This thread was over a year ago... Have there been any updates on the issue? Any word on if Series X is going to be the same way?

submitted by /u/Gargoyles4rereal
    [link] [comments]

/u/Gargoyles4rereal, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Ron Amihai Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

Until you don't proof me this specific monitor (Xiaomi Mi Curved 34) enables 1440p@120hz with Xbox Series X, your comment is meaningless.

Yeah, there are some monitors with 1440p@120hz support for Xbox series s/x, that simply doesn't mean that ANY 1440p+ monitor with 120hz+ (especially 144hz+) can do it. Period.

I've tried everything, that (1440p@120hz) simply doesn't work with that monitor. I've already listed every step I've tried, I'm not gonna write it again.

Please read previous comments before posting the same dried comments...
  3. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

1440p 120hz

Hi,

This maybe a limitation of the HDMI port on your monitor. Can you provide your monitor make and model please?

Note that the high refresh rates on most monitors only work at native resolution via Display Port as this is the most common way to connect monitors to PC's now. For cost cutting, the manufacturer may not supplied support for 120Hz at 1440P over HDMI.

But I need to know what your monitor is so I can look at it's supported display timings.

Thanks.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

xbox one x wont run at 125hz unless at 1080p

Hi neversatisfied415,

I’m about 99% sure there is nothing wrong with your Xbox One. The supported resolution and refresh rate is 1080P/1440P @ 120hz. It wont go higher than that. As for that Dell monitor, on these forums I have come across people having issues with getting 120hz
    over 1440P on that model. Could it be that the feature was not activated via firmware? Only Dell Support can help you there.

I have been thinking about a 1440P monitor for a while now and so far my research is pointing towards the Gigabyte models where the user manuals state support for 1440p/120hz. I am waiting to see what resolutions are supported by Series X and if we finally
    get 3440x1440 before commiting.

My suggestion is before committing to any 1440P monitor check the user manual to see if it clearly states support for 1440P/120Hz over HDMI. I would also be looking at newer released models of monitors (2019 onwards)
  6. KILL3R N4SH Win User

Xbox Series X and LG Class UltraGear 27GL850-B can't get 1440p with 120Hz - "This refresh rate isn't supported with your current resolution"

Hi,

I have the same monitor. The reason why you can't go to 120Hz at 1440P is because the LG 27GL850 tops out at 100Hz over HDMI at 1440P. This is why you can only do 120Hz at 1080P on this display.

My reasons for owning this monitor a little different to yours, it's main use is for my gaming PC which is connected via Display Port. Only on DP can this monitor reach its full potential.

Unfortunately, this is common issue amongst most monitors and we are getting quite a few questions on here with the same issue. Most Monitors have most of their full features reserved for Display Port.

The picture quality at 1080P is still stunning on this display though.
    Thanks for the response!

That's annoying. I've heard that some people were able to get this monitor to run at 1440p 120Hz by disabling Adaptive Sync in the monitor settings.

I disabled Freesync premium in the Game Adjust menu and then tried but it still didn't work for me.
Thema:

Can I please get some help on getting a monitor to work at 1440p AND 120hz?

1. Can I please get some help on getting a monitor to work at 1440p AND 120hz? - Similar Threads - please help getting

2. i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help: i cant use a image becuase it doesn't load. the error is just 1 3c61ebde-df90-4761-8b33-1670a14a718e
  3. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  4. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  5. So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please: So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, But i have one issue when i go to cancel it, it says We can’t cancel your subscription You have already paid for...
  6. Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program: I have a question how exactly am i able to join alpha insiders i been in the beta insiders for 2 years and i never got a message too join the insider program. submitted by /u/Badassgamer1996...
  7. I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help

in XBoX on Windows
    I bought avatar frontiers of Pandora but now I'm apparently getting charged again please help: I already bought the avatar frontiers of Pandora game online now I'm getting a message saying I'm going to be charged again 10 days before the game releases but I've already been charged for the...
  8. When registering as a Dev account, all my cards get refused (Error 6152). Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When registering as a Dev account, all my cards get refused (Error 6152). Please help!: I just bought a Xbox Series S and installed the Dev kit App. During the process of registration as a developer account, all my cards get refused and I get an error message (error 6152). It is...
  9. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...
  10. Is there anyway someone can help me get my hacked account back please and thank you

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there anyway someone can help me get my hacked account back please and thank you: My accunt that i use , the email has been changed and cant access it, everytime i try and get a recovery code it goes the the email that hacked me. If anyone can help me that would be great. (i...