Can I play with a DLC bought for PC on the Xbox?

Discus and support Can I play with a DLC bought for PC on the Xbox? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a doubt regarding some purchases I made, it was a dlc chapter for the Elder Scrolls Online, I was 100% sure it was for the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alexis S1, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Alexis S1
    Alexis S1 Guest

Hello everyone, I have a doubt regarding some purchases I made, it was a dlc chapter for the Elder Scrolls Online, I was 100% sure it was for the Xbox version but ended up being the one for PC, now my question is, do I have to buy the Xbox version of that or can I still play it on the Xbox? As a side note, on the add-ons screen it says all the way down that said dlc doesn't need to be installed but I don't know what that means, thanks in advance!

:)

Alexis S1, Dec 1, 2023
  2. Alexis S1 Win User

Thank you for the reply! I'm sorry I don't remember where I bought it, it was a pre-sale and now it only shows up when I look it up in my purchases, but it also says it's not available anymore, that's my confusion too, I remember it said it was for the Xbox but now it doesn't show up I the results
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Alexis, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

DLCs purchased from the Xbox Store will only work on both Xbox consoles and PC with a single purchase if the games for which they are bought are part of the Xbox Play Anywhere catalog. You can check the catalog at the following link:

https://www.xbox.com/games/xbox-play-anywhere

It appears that Elder Scrolls Online is not part of that catalog, and it even seems that it is not available for download and play from the Xbox platform on PC. I couldn't find it when searching in the Xbox App on PC.

It seems strange that you were able to buy a DLC for the PC version from the Xbox Store.

Could you share with me the link from which you purchased the DLC? Just to confirm the information and be able to tell you with certainty for which device the item is intended.

I'll be awaiting for your response.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. Zenxcity Win User

I'm and I'm here to help you.

Im more than happy to help you.

No you can not you need to buy the xbox version I am very sorry about the dlc you bought.

Make sure you buy the xbox version next time :)

Kind Regards

Hello everyone, I have a doubt regarding some purchases I made, it was a dlc chapter for the Elder Scrolls Online, I was 100% sure it was for the Xbox version but ended up being the one for PC, now my question is, do I have to buy the Xbox version of that or can I still play it on the Xbox? As a side note, on the add-ons screen it says all the way down that said dlc doesn't need to be installed but I don't know what that means, thanks in advance!
  5. ngocphi Win User

XCloud DLC only question

You would have to buy the dlc because it has to be linked to your account fyi

It's not an play anywhere title

So no pc dlc doesn't apply to series x games

Because you bought the pc dlc not the xboxs
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Bought DLC and gifted it to friends for it to only work on Xbox anyway to convert it to PC season pass

For World War Z and it is the season pass. I bought two of them and gifted it to some friends but for some reason they can't use it on the pc version of it.
    The PC version of World War Z on Game Pass can not use DLC from the Xbox One version.

Unless a PC game is on
    this list
    it can not use DLC's for Xbox One, gifted or otherwise.
Thema:

1. Can I play with a DLC bought for PC on the Xbox? - Similar Threads - play DLC bought

2. i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i play on PC. my friend bought me dlc for Destiny 2 and i redeemed the code in the...: . I have already tried restarting and nothing ever pops up. 15f9e531-ac8c-4c4a-b06b-c3d12adeb955
  3. I am playing Starfield on Xbox One S via Game Cloud. I bought the DLC, but am unable to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am playing Starfield on Xbox One S via Game Cloud. I bought the DLC, but am unable to...: I am playing Starfield on Xbox One via Game Cloud. Bought DLC, cant install it and so I cant use DLC. Shoukd i get a refund?? 730e964e-8247-468f-8bfa-75c1aa543892
  4. Ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam, can i buy the dlc in the Microsoft Store and play it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam, can i buy the dlc in the Microsoft Store and play it...: So ive bought Forza Horizon 5 on Steam last year and now a friend of mine gifted me an xbox giftcard.Id like to buy myself the dlc for forza horizon but i dont know if its compatible for the steam...
  5. Why can I not play as dlc characters on injustice 2 when I have bought them and installed them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not play as dlc characters on injustice 2 when I have bought them and installed them?: I bought the injustice legendary edition on my xbox installed all the content and dlc but when I load my game up they show up telling me I have to unlock the them by buying them. Why is this what...
  6. I bought the DLC for Destiny 2 (KEY), but i cant play it on PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought the DLC for Destiny 2 (KEY), but i cant play it on PC.: I bought the DLC for Destiny 2 (WITCH QUEEN + BUNGIE 30TH)(KEY), I thought I would be able to play it on my PC, but I can only play it on XBOX (DLCs for this game unfortunately don't work on smart...
  7. Bought disc then play DLC digital

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought disc then play DLC digital: Hi guys, i owned xbox one x. Bought assassin creed valhalla disc standard edition. Now i want to play DLC, can i play it digitally buy from the store? Will it work with disc?...
  8. I bought a dlc to play in the Microsoft Store and I have the game in Uplay

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a dlc to play in the Microsoft Store and I have the game in Uplay: I bought a dlc for Devision 2 on the Microsoft store and thought that I could connect these two accounts and so through Microsoft, you won't need to connect to uplay. Now I have a question I can...
  9. I can't play the destiny dlc The Taken King that i bought on my brother account in my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play the destiny dlc The Taken King that i bought on my brother account in my account: i bought the dlc's of destiny in my brother account and now i bought the live gold and create my account,but i can't play the dlc in my account.I need help. cd039622-c4bf-469b-8839-7193ffee17ad
  10. Lost my other account, It doesnt exist?? Cant play my dlc i bought Now!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost my other account, It doesnt exist?? Cant play my dlc i bought Now!!: Hello, A year ago i had account where i bought the fallout 4 season pass on. And all my accounts and family could play the dlc. But today i wanted to sign in because i really wanted to play it...