Can I play local save games instead of the network ones?

Discus and support Can I play local save games instead of the network ones? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Some days ago we moved. We passed some days without internet and while getting a service, I played Final Fantasy on my XBOX One. It got reinstalled... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adrian Arrieta, Apr 12, 2023.

1. Can I play local save games instead of the network ones?

Some days ago we moved.

We passed some days without internet and while getting a service, I played Final Fantasy on my XBOX One.

It got reinstalled since I uninstalled it long ago.

When getting internet back the xbox menu asked if I wanted to play on network and I chose that option.

Now I only see old save game slots instead of the ones I played locally recently.

How do I continue playing the local ones instead of the network ones?

:)

Adrian Arrieta, Apr 12, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

When he asks the question and decides which one to use he deletes the other, he had two progress one in the cloud and another local, and was set to stay with the cloud.
  3. FearedNightmare Win User

Xbox One should not require MS account to play disk based games

@godslayer1975

Saves on the Xbox One are saved locally and on the cloud at the same time or it will update the cloud after your console has been put into standby mode.

Also during the downtime of Xbox Live if you go to your network settings and select "Go Offline" you can choose to use your local gamesave instead of the cloud
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

No longer sticking with Xbox

"I now have constantly error messages saying "something went wrong with your local saved games"

Have a look at this support, Cloud game saves FAQ

You must have a regular connection to Xbox Live to keep your data in sync. Playing offline may cause your cloud data to become out of sync. Your data updates each time you connect to Xbox Live.

I would check your network connection and use wired ethernet instead of WiFi.

If your network connection constantly disconnects and reconnects due to signal interference your saves will be out of sync between the cloud and local.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can I get my older game save file back

You can play the game offline to see if it loads the local save. But some games uses only cloud saving when online, so you might not have a local save different then the one in the cloud.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

forza horizone 4 - sync error.

Sorry for that issue.

You can try to delete local save file and sync it again, I suggest you to have an ethernet (more stable) connection instead of wifi.

At this link you can find a list of FAQ and the guide to delete local saves: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-setup-and-play/cloud-game-saves-faq

Another question, when you finish to play and power off your console, you cut off also power? because the console just powered off sync the save games with the cloud in background before turning completely off.
Thema:

1. Can I play local save games instead of the network ones? - Similar Threads - play local save

2. play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles

in XBoX on Windows
    play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles: In my house there is 2 Xbox one consoles and 1 pc. I wish to play the same game multiplayer with the 2 Xbox consoles. I have Gamepass ultimate on my account. I am the only adult. I own the game...
  3. Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get two Xbox elite controllers to work for local play on PC.: Hi, and thanks to anyone here to help. The issue we're running into is not being able to connect and use 2 elite controllers with the USB connector dongles (one older and one new, both controllers...
  4. xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox series s/x games that can be played with 2 local players and 2 online: Hi Microsoft! I'm looking into games for the xbox series s/x that can be played by 4 players at the same time, with 2 local players on one xbox series x, and 2 other players joining remotely via...
  5. Can’t play BO2 Zombies local play with friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play BO2 Zombies local play with friend: I am playing Black ops 2 Zombies, and trying to play with my friend and it gives the error “Your Profile was not completely downloaded. Please download it again from Xbox Live.” When he tries to...
  6. How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?

in XboX Insiders
    How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List?: How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? How to play local multiplayer games from cloud games in the Xbox Game Pass List? I'm trying to play 4 multiplayer...
  7. Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?: Can I use remote play while someone is using the Xbox locally? We have two different sign in accounts on our Series X. If I want to remote play, can I without interrupting someone watching a movie...
  8. Local Multiplayer not working despite not playing on the cloud

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Local Multiplayer not working despite not playing on the cloud: Trying to play local coop on demon slayer but nothing happens when I press the start button on the second player controller even though I am prompted to do so. I have the game installed normally,...
  9. Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Xbox live to play locally with and iOS device and Xbox series s?: Most of my family has an iOS device to play Minecraft. I am wanting to play Minecraft on my Xbox Series S, and join my family’s iOS Minecraft world. It’s all done on the same Wi-Fi (in the same...
  10. Help! No local save data and can't play my games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! No local save data and can't play my games: After multiple calls with 18004xbox I am at my witts end. i can sign into my profile perfectly fine and I am online. But when I go to play Titan fall for example it says error: profile not found....