Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

Discus and support Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB. I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X? This is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mdglyttnz, May 23, 2023.

1. mdglyttnz
    mdglyttnz Guest

Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow...

Hi,

I own a Series X: 1 TB, and a Series S: 4TB.

I want to know if remote play will allow me to play games from the 1S on the Series X?

This is not about remote gaming from a mobile device, that info is easily available.

Console to console remote play on a local network between a 1S and a Series X is what I'm asking about.

The reason I ask is the 1S has a much greater storage capacity.

Thanks,

Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow... :)

:)

mdglyttnz, May 23, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow for gaming between two separate consoles?

If you have Game Pass Ultimate and the games are part of cloud gaming, you could play them that way, but there's no remote gaming on the console. Otherwise, you would just install the games you want to play on the console you're wanting to play on.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Why cant Xbox game pass be good?

steam has one good feature though, you can remote play with others so if a friend does not own the game you want to play a lot of games can be remote played so they join in, also steam can be played remotely if you know what your doing.

and besides if i wanted to i would just use nvidia to access my game library on the go.
  4. ellerem Win User

Why do I not have my Indie Xbox 360 games I purchased long ago?

Hello,

On a 360 you can set one profile as the owner of the console. This then allows anyone else on the console to play the games owned & downloaded. I do it on the family console so the kids can play my owned downloaded games while I actually play on a second
    console just signed in. Just a thought so you can both access the games.

good luck & happy gaming
  5. SaeedFazlollahzadeh Win User

Is it possible to play online with Xbox One X with DVD?

"I purchase a new disc and I play with this disc online. Then I lend it to my friend who has live account too. Then As I have installed it on my disc, and my friend who has the disc currently, we both can play online together?"

No. The game disc is the license to play the game. While it can be installed on both consoles, only the console that has the disc in its drive can play the game. The other player can either purchase their own copy of the disc or a digital license for the game
    from the Xbox Store.

"We are three brothers that want to play with Xbox. We buy one account and it works fine. But the question is that can I create two more profiles locally only on the console? I mean sometimes we might want to play offline like Forza Horizon 4 which only
    has one save slot (unlike FIFA) and each of us want to play his own career offline. Is that possible too?

But when it comes to offline, only the main profile should be able to play online.

Is that possible?"

On Xbox One, all users must have their own separate account. Each is connected to a (free) Microsoft account. This allows each user to have their own settings, their own gamertag, their own game saves, etc. If all three users are sharing a single Xbox One console,
    you can set that console as your account's Home Xbox, which will allow any user to sign into it and access content you own, including your Xbox Live Gold subscription.
    Thanks again.

We the brothers are here and the questions are raised, so excuse me for all the questions getting more. As you mentioned, I got my another answer that only the main account can play online and the child accounts can only play offline. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Another question is raised now:

I have my own gold account and my other brothers have their own gold ones too.

I purchase one game, the digital license version to play online. Then in this case I can play online fine. But what about my other brothers when they log in to their own accounts? The game is installed on the whole hard disk of console for all, yes? Then
    should my brothers purchase their own digital license too? Or only having the verified license on one console is enough in this case?
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

DRM on games?

The license is attached to the account that buys it, that allows you to go play on your friends console if you want. However your account can only be used on one machine at a time so you couldn't put your account on another Xbox One and play on yours while
    allowing a 2nd account to play your games.

Games will only work if the account that owns the content is SIGNED IN on the console that tries to play the game.
Thema:

1. Can I play games from one of my consoles on another console I own? Does remote play allow... - Similar Threads - play games consoles

2. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  3. play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles

in XBoX on Windows
    play multiplayer games with local xbox consoles: In my house there is 2 Xbox one consoles and 1 pc. I wish to play the same game multiplayer with the 2 Xbox consoles. I have Gamepass ultimate on my account. I am the only adult. I own the game...
  4. how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console: how can i play my xbox games on my pc or laptop without game pass or console b0c02a9e-7b65-439e-a872-d1497d1a0372
  5. Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Howcome my title updates dont work on my console when i play games on disc: My tittle updates are not working 87b42e35-0424-47a2-b830-9be4a42e73f8
  6. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  7. How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series X console? I have a Seagate hard drive: How do I play my games on my friends Xbox Series C console? I have a Seagate hard drive d45a01d0-f1f8-403f-9ef9-96584b14ec71
  8. Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is it possible to Join a party from a different console than what I am playing the game on?: This is a weird question but Is this possible? Example, I am playing a multiplayer game online with 4 friends on my Series X. Could I join the party of those 4 friends from my xbox one on the...
  9. Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game: Hi! We have two XBox Xs, one Xbox One. One GamePass account that we share for myself, son, and daughter. I am aware that if we want to play three players, one on each console, that a purchase...
  10. I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox one console. All my games are...: I am suddenly unable to play my games on my second Xbox. There is a small triangle with an exclamation mark in the bottom right corner. Please help. d91237aa-2473-44c4-be88-6fe42b0b2a54