Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One...

Discus and support Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought the digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition, which I want to play on the Xbox One which belongs to a family member.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by GreenLightning23, Jul 16, 2023.

1. Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One...

I recently bought the digital copy of Fallout 4 Game of the Year edition, which I want to play on the Xbox One which belongs to a family member. However, the other person who uses the Xbox has Fallout 4 on a physical disk, with many hours of gameplay on it.

Is it possible to play my copy of the game that I purchased on my account on the Xbox without erasing the other person's progress?

I remember when we tried to log in with another account on the physical copy a message came up saying that all progress would be lost and the game would start from scratch if we proceeded. I don't want to erase the other person's progress by downloading and playing my digital copy of Fallout 4, so I just want to find out before I try.

I've tried googling it and I can't get an answer.

:)

GreenLightning23, Jul 16, 2023
  2. GreenLightning23 Win User

Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One with a physical copy of the game?

Thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated. :)
  3. DeniqL Win User

Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One with a physical copy of the game?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Yes, you should be able to. Game progress is stored on the cloud and each account works on its own. Playing your game version should not erase anything at all
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

2 xbox one x's in one house

Digital content comes with two licenses … put differently, it's like two copies of the game. One copy always resides with your Home Xbox. The other is connected to your Microsoft account, allowing you to install and play it on any other Xbox One console
    you sign into, even if someone else is using the one on your Home Xbox. So yes, you CAN play a digital game on two different consoles at the same time, as long as one of those consoles is the Home Xbox and the other is the one that YOU yourself are signed
    into.

For disc-based content, you would indeed need one disc per console. However, anyone who has the disc in their console's drive can run that game. In this case, it is the disc that is the license to run the game.
  5. ElevatedBuckle Win User

what takes up less space? buying the disc or buying on demand?

If you have more than one xbox it's cheaper to by the digital version. You can play the same game with someone in the household without having to purchase 2 physical copies.
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Dual-Download

Hello.

So I'm assuming this is a play anywhere game.

You can not play a play anywhere game on both PC and Xbox at the same time, on the same account.

What you need to do is set the Xbox One console you want to be able to play the game as the account's (that owns the game, unless you have a disc copy) home Xbox, then sign into the game on the Xbox with a different account, then you can sign in on PC with
    the account that has the digital rights to the game and then you will be able to play on PC and Xbox One simultaneously.
Thema:

Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One...

1. Can I play a digital copy of a game, if someone else has an account on the same Xbox One... - Similar Threads - play digital copy

2. How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?

in XboX Insiders
    How come skate 2 is not available for EA play or just digital download?: I have 1 and 3 just not 2 and I grew up with the second skate game. submitted by /u/Tiabetianquailudes [link] [comments]
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?: I'm asking this because I use a Chromebook and since it's possible to do so with GTA V, I wonder if it is possible to do with red dead redemption 2 as well. [moved from de-de]...
  5. My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 360 disconnects from Xbox live while playing digital games.: It's very frustrating. When I'm trying to play digital games my profile disconnects from xbox live. 2088cd6f-2e93-4cbe-9fe0-dd1e0626f25f
  6. Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?

in XboX Insiders
    Falloiut 3: Can I play ad-on from a disc if I buy the game digital?: I bought the Fallout 3 add-on pack Broken Steel and Point Lookout. Its been a a hundred years since I have been gaming so I didnt think about the fact that of course I needed the original Fallout...
  7. If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I download the digital version of a game can I play the digital version using the disc?: I ordered ufc 5 disc and while waiting for it to arrive I downloaded the game to my Xbox and was wanting to know if I can then use the disc version of the game to verify and be able to play the...
  8. I cannot play digital copies of burnout 3 or star wars jedi starfighter on my 360 even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play digital copies of burnout 3 or star wars jedi starfighter on my 360 even...: I purchased a digital copy of burnout 3 from the store and I am having trouble playing it. I can download and install it, but when I go to play it, I get an error that tells me to try downloading...
  9. Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game pass expiry won’t allow me to play owned digital copy of game: I am currently unable to play minecraft on my Xbox because it states my game pass has expired. I own the game digitally and it states on the Microsoft store that I own it. My game pass expired in...
  10. FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FORZA MOTORSPORT 7-Any way to play digital version on PC as i own a physical XBOX copy?: I have forza motorsport 7 on my xbox account but its only the disc version so i cannot play it on PC, however because the game is delisted i cannot even play with gamepass. I know previous DLC...