Can I place a mini AC next to the Series S?

Discus and support Can I place a mini AC next to the Series S? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The heat in my apartment stays on year round (idk why the maintenance won’t shut it off) so it’s always 80 degrees. I have window ac units but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Donald Murphy2, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Can I place a mini AC next to the Series S?

The heat in my apartment stays on year round (idk why the maintenance won’t shut it off) so it’s always 80 degrees. I have window ac units but sometimes that doesn’t help with the Xbox itself overheating. Would it be smart to get a mini AC to place near the side vents for cooler airflow?

:)

Donald Murphy2, Jul 23, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Donald, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I personally don’t recommend using external devices to ventilate your console. Usually that doesn’t work as we expect.

However, I’m curious about the overheating situation you mention.
    Do you mean that an “overheating” message appears in the middle of a gaming session, or do you just feel warm / hot in the console when you put your hand close to the back vent?
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

If it's 80 degrees ambient it shouldn't be overheating

Are you getting an overheat message?
  4. Saeleth Win User

Assassins Creed games just get better and better.

I would love to see where the series is going next, I think a WW2 or Vietnam AC could be really cool!
  5. TSoul19 Win User

AC3 ?

So your saying you are not going to play a game because the loading screen was not creative enough? Thats maybe the next dumbest thing I've heard. If that was the case, no one would have played Halo Series or Gears Series because they're loading screens
    weren't creative. The only game that I can think of at this time that is the best a keeping a game moving is the Uncharted Series. What do you want during a load screen, a mini game while it loads, a short movie? Back to Assassins Creed's loading screens.
    I will say that in AC, the loading screen to way to long, and in AC2 they were better but still took a little to long, but to say you are not going to play one of the greatest games of this console era is outrageous.
  6. Adam Sheetz Win User

connecting xbox to new iMac

Hi BrianHT, my name is Adam.

To connect your Xbox Series S to your iMac, you can use an Elgato HD60 S+ device to connect the game console to your Mac computer and play games on the Mac screen.

Alternatively, you can use a mini-display-to-HDMI adapter to connect your Xbox Series S to your iMac. You can pick up these adapters from Amazon for a reasonable price. Here are the steps to connect your Xbox to your iMac using an HDMI cable:

1. Connect the mini-display-to-HDMI adapter to the back of your iMac.
    2. Connect the HDMI cable from your Xbox to the adapter’s HDMI slot.

Once you have connected your Xbox to your iMac, you can use your iMac as an external monitor for your Xbox.

I hope this helps.
    Adam.
Thema:

1. Can I place a mini AC next to the Series S? - Similar Threads - place mini next

2. Says delivered at the repair place but not updated on the web

in XBoX on Consoles
    Says delivered at the repair place but not updated on the web: Hello there would someome be able to help me i send my elite series 2 off to get repaired and they recived it on the 27th and it still not been updated i contacted microsoft and they told me it...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?

in XBoX on Windows
    My cursor is out of place when I record using the xbox gaming bar is there any way to fix that?: I’ve been using the xbox gaming bar for quite some time, but I can’t seem to find the place to change the video quality and when I record, my cursor always seems to be out of place. Like for...
  5. Unable to place order

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to place order: For the past few days I've been trying to order a custom controller through the design lab everytime I check out it keeps saying Unable to place order I made the controller using the favorite...
  6. Don’t know if this is the right place but I can’t post anywhere else so please help…

in XboX Insiders
    Don’t know if this is the right place but I can’t post anywhere else so please help…: Need help buying game pass. I live in Thailand (unsupported), recently switched to India region cause it’s supported and cheap. Now I want to buy gamepass console for series x. Can I “gift myself”...
  7. I placed an order on December 2 for a custom remote from Xbox labs, I got updated shipping...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I placed an order on December 2 for a custom remote from Xbox labs, I got updated shipping...: What happened to my order? I placed a custom order for camera controller on December 2. I received confirmation and then shipping updates from FedEx. Now I have no updates said expected by 1222....
  8. Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just purchased Xbox Elite Series 2 controller but paddles do not stay in place: Appears the magnets at the bottom and misaligned to where the paddles are meant to fit. Any advice on how to resolve this? 0f2ba1d4-b10a-417d-89df-ece24db083bd
  9. Can't place repair order or get in contact with Microsoft.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't place repair order or get in contact with Microsoft.: In short, the Series S which I have owned for less than a year stopped working. After going through the suggested fixes, I have tried placing a repair order through the Microsoft account multiple...
  10. Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a Place where they post when they have a new firmware update for their controllers?: Don't Have internet at home right now and its a pain to check on my laptop manually. was wondering if they post it somewhere so i could set something up like rss feeds for when they do....