Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming?

Discus and support Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm a support worker for someone with cerebral palsy and they are interested in transitioning from xbox to PC and we are struggling to map buttons to a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Random Liam1234, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming?

I'm a support worker for someone with cerebral palsy and they are interested in transitioning from xbox to PC and we are struggling to map buttons to a keyboard function (mainly steam games)

For example on project zomboid we tried to remap some of the additional buttons but the game wasn't recognising an input. We have downloaded the accessories app and tried on there but the buttons can only be mapped to other xbox ontroller functions as far as I can tell.

Does anyone know of a way to remap them or another product that can do the same.

:)

Random Liam1234, Oct 4, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi . My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Steam should recognise it as a standard Xbox controller, and accept inputs based on what was mapped in the Xbox Accessories app.

Go into your Steam settings, go to Controller, and ensure 'Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers' is enabled. From there, it should work in almost any game.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Using XBOX adaptive controller for PC

Hey there Roy,

Yes the Xbox Adaptive Controller is compatible with Windows 10 computers and also with Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 Pc's but will have limited functionality. Click on the following link for different ways to

Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a PC

Once you have connected the controller then you can go ahead and
    Customize the Xbox Adaptive Controller
    in the Xbox Accessories app and remap the buttons on the controller. The two circular pads on the controller are simply buttons, they do not have any tech that will allow you to use swiping features to type or to be
    used as the cursor for the PC.

When Gaming on a PC using the Adaptive controller you should still see the on-screen keyboard to type messages, You would then use the d-pad or joysticks to type just as you would with a standard Xbox One Controller.

The adaptive controller should respond to a toe's touch as the buttons on it are pretty sensitive. In order to get more functionality you can attach different devices using the 3.5mm ports on the back of the controller so that you can then Map these to specific
    functions. You can take a look at the following support article for more information on

Connecting external devices to the Xbox Adaptive Controller

I hope this helps.
  4. reallikwid Win User

Adaptive accessories

Hello there,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your questions. As the adaptive controller is a newer controller there are many ways to change the functionality of the adaptive controller. Here is the

adaptive controller FAQ
    . Most all functions can be changed or re-mapped through the Xbox accessories app.

Hope this helps with your inquiry.

Thanks,

Brad
    Thanks for replying, Brad. This is the same answer I've gotten from Microsoft. We need to change/re-map the handheld joystick, not the controller.
  5. WhirlwindAlloy Win User

xbox accessible controller

6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Adaptive Controller PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Yes, the Xbox Adaptive Controller should work with Soulstice on Steam for PC. The Xbox Adaptive Controller is designed to work with any game that supports a standard Xbox controller, regardless of the layout. You may need to customize the controller's inputs to match the game's controls, but this can be done using the Xbox Accessories app.

Learn more here:

Connect the Xbox Adaptive Controller to a Windows device | Xbox Support

Getting started with the Xbox Adaptive Controller | Xbox Support

Hope that answers your question.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Can I map the microsoft adaptive controller for PC gaming? - Similar Threads - map microsoft adaptive

2. When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    When is Microsoft going to expand button mapping for 3rd party controllers for Xbox: Email from Fanatec: Thanks for reaching out to us. Functionality on Xbox consoles is limited by the Xbox OS. Our Xbox-licensed Steering Wheels have almost the same number of usable inputs as the...
  3. Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not display the Xbox on the Microsoft "Find My Device" map?: All of my other registered device show where they are on the world map, why not my Xbox? 4978cecf-bf9b-4b2b-83d4-c7d879c2bdd9
  4. Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Map interaction on Microsoft Edge - Xbox Series S: Hi, I have recently been using Microsoft edge on Xbox with a keyboard and mouse. I have noticed that when navigating on a map (flightradar24, Hilton, google) that has things to click on the map,...
  5. Microsoft Flight Sim Map Loading Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Sim Map Loading Issues: Hello. I’m having problems of the preview map and in game map not loading correctly/looking like a Roblox game. It’ll just make up its own land randomly. I’ve cleared temp files, tested ethernet...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Map Accuracy- KBTL

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Map Accuracy- KBTL: Good Afternoon, I do not know how to get in contact with the Flight Simulator 2020 development team so I will post this here! I am using the game as a training aid while I continue to learn how...
  7. microsoft flight simulator 2020, Error WORLD MAP.

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft flight simulator 2020, Error WORLD MAP.: I cannot route in the world map. No matter which airport I choose, LOWI airport works every time. help me please.. ab9c9b43-96be-4017-8975-35bc96055906
  8. Microsoft Flight-Simulator 2020 Standard, VFR-Map

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight-Simulator 2020 Standard, VFR-Map: The VFR map is not displayed. (Key- "v"). What can I do ? 289f1c7b-8bba-41fd-9bc4-66e6e3f5ebc7
  9. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Loading Map Problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 Loading Map Problem: Hi there, So I just got microsoft flight simulator 2020 from steam. After the download I wanted to play some games myself. But whenever I try to load a map (Tutorial, freeflight, etc) the blue...
  10. When will a new map of Crosswords be available for Microsoft Ultimate Word Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will a new map of Crosswords be available for Microsoft Ultimate Word Games: I don't believe there has been a new map of Crosswords in MUWG Premium in 3 months. A few years ago, there were new maps every single month. Now, I still get a new map each month for Wordament...