Can I make my 360's 2TB External HDD its System Drive?

Discus and support Can I make my 360's 2TB External HDD its System Drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; is it possible to make my 2TB external HDD the "system drive" for my xbox 360? thanks 3e2d45c7-0891-42b0-ad22-5fcfc059efdb Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I0NZEU5, Jun 11, 2015.

1. I0NZEU5
    I0NZEU5 Guest

is it possible to make my 2TB external HDD the "system drive" for my xbox 360?

thanks

:)

I0NZEU5, Jun 11, 2015
  2. I0NZEU5
    I0NZEU5 Guest
    External HDD Use with 360 S

Hi all, hope someone can help me.

1) My 360 S had a 500gb internal HDD, can I connect a 2TB external HDD & utilize all the storage space across both devices or does the external HDD "take the place of" the internal.

2) Is transferring my profile, Arcade games, DLC etc. (basically anything with DRM) to my external HDD ok to do? Basically can I put EVERYTHING on my external HDD or does some content have to stay on the internal drive?

thanks for any help anyone can offer.

I0NZEU5, Jun 11, 2015
  3. xJIMxTOMx
    xJIMxTOMx Guest
    External hdd

My question is can I just unplug my 2TB external hdd from my xbone and plug it into my xbone S?

Somehow I doubt it but any info would be appreciated.

xJIMxTOMx, Jun 11, 2015
  4. D43D4L14N X1
    D43D4L14N X1 Guest

1. Have console connected to Xbox Live to update online gamertag profile. (May need to play and save game to update online gamertag profile or add any recent achievements) 2. Carefully transfer all save data to 2TB external drive. 3. Follow support link
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/add-remove-hard-drive to remove Internal HDD 4. Turn on console with external 2TB HDD connected, and without being logged into Xbox Live; Press Guide Button on controller, and download your gamertag profile
    to external HDD. (Make sure your gamertag profile is working online, by checking to see if save data can be used on external HDD for games, as new System File should be created to external HDD) 5. Follow step 3 to install Internal HDD, and restart console
    with external HDD connected. 6. Follow support link Xbox 360 Storage | Xbox 360 Hard Drive | Xbox 360 Flash Drive to format Internal HDD (You will need access to back of console for console serial number) Note: If, System File or Gamertag Profile is created to
    Internal HDD, after format; Just delete them, after you confirm that they are safely stored to External HDD etc.

D43D4L14N X1, Jun 12, 2015
  5. D43D4L14N X1
    D43D4L14N X1 Guest
    Post lost Rich Text format for some reason.

D43D4L14N X1, Jun 12, 2015
  6. I0NZEU5
    I0NZEU5 Guest
    Thank you! Ok i will try this tonight & let you know how it works!!!

I0NZEU5, Jun 12, 2015
  7. I0NZEU5
    I0NZEU5 Guest
    Do you happen to know if this will improve performance of games?

I0NZEU5, Jun 12, 2015
  8. D43D4L14N X1
    D43D4L14N X1 Guest

I couldn't say for certain on Xbox360: You May see slight performance benefit from using faster external HDD with latest Xbox360 dashboard update, and it will depend on the condition of your console and/or internal components.

D43D4L14N X1, Oct 31, 2018
  9. I0NZEU5 Win User

Thank you! Ok i will try this tonight & let you know how it works!!!
  10. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

I couldn't say for certain on Xbox360: You May see slight performance benefit from using faster external HDD with latest Xbox360 dashboard update, and it will depend on the condition of your console and/or internal components.
  11. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

1. Have console connected to Xbox Live to update online gamertag profile. (May need to play and save game to update online gamertag profile or add any recent achievements) 2. Carefully transfer all save data to 2TB external drive. 3. Follow support link
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/add-remove-hard-drive to remove Internal HDD 4. Turn on console with external 2TB HDD connected, and without being logged into Xbox Live; Press Guide Button on controller, and download your gamertag profile
    to external HDD. (Make sure your gamertag profile is working online, by checking to see if save data can be used on external HDD for games, as new System File should be created to external HDD) 5. Follow step 3 to install Internal HDD, and restart console
    with external HDD connected. 6. Follow support link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/storage to format Internal HDD (You will need access to back of console for console serial number) Note: If, System File or Gamertag Profile is created to
    Internal HDD, after format; Just delete them, after you confirm that they are safely stored to External HDD etc.
  12. I0NZEU5 Win User

Do you happen to know if this will improve performance of games?
  13. D43D4L14N X1 Win User

Post lost Rich Text format for some reason.
Thema:

1. Can I make my 360's 2TB External HDD its System Drive? - Similar Threads - 360's 2TB External

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  4. Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any possible way at all to use a usb mic on a series S?: Recently bought a Razer Blackshark v2 X usb mic for my Xbox. Didn’t realise it was usb until after I had bought it. I was wondering if there is any possibility at all that I can use it with my...
  5. Xbox 360 not turning on

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 not turning on: I don’t know what happened but for some reason whenever I try to plug it in and turn it on, literally Nothing happens. Like there’s no rrod or lights the psu doesn’t even change there’s just...
  6. Bought the Xbox One S 2TB Gears of War Ultimate Edition console bundle and not received 360 ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Bought the Xbox One S 2TB Gears of War Ultimate Edition console bundle and not received 360 ...: Bought the Xbox One S 2TB Gears of War Ultimate Edition console bundle and not received Gears of War 360 Collection. I have contacted support multiple times about this issue and I keep being told...
  7. Xbox 360 Gears of War collection codes not received | Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Bundle (2TB)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox 360 Gears of War collection codes not received | Xbox One S Gears of War 4 Bundle (2TB): I haven't received the codes for Xbox 360 GOW games and it's been more than 7-10 business days now. 2d785151-75c1-456c-a3de-35c34922cfc7
  8. Xbox One S 2tb Gears of War Console Missing 360 Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S 2tb Gears of War Console Missing 360 Games: Hello Support Team. I reached out to Xbox not to long ago about not receiving the Gears of War 360 Collection. I was told that I would received them and that they come out in waves over Xbox Live....
  9. When can I get the GOW 360 games pack for downloan after getting the Xbox One S 2TB Gears Of ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When can I get the GOW 360 games pack for downloan after getting the Xbox One S 2TB Gears Of ...: Hi, I purchased the Xbox One S GOW 4 2 TB edition, and would like to confirm when I will be able to get the other GOW games in the series, as I read that they will be given free for all buyers who...
  10. How to make 2TB in USB Flash disk (XBOX 360 S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make 2TB in USB Flash disk (XBOX 360 S): Dear all, help me, please. I can´t make 2TB in my USB Flash disk. I have 32GB flash and I would like to format it into 2TB. Please, can you write me the instructions? Thanks. Milan...