Can I make a new Xbox account and keep my games from my old profile?

Discus and support Can I make a new Xbox account and keep my games from my old profile? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I’m blocked out of my Microsoft account and I’ve tried everything, every account recovery (phone number, emails, Microsoft/Xbox support) nothing works... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ElaineVN, Nov 18, 2023.

1. ElaineVN
    ElaineVN Guest

I’m blocked out of my Microsoft account and I’ve tried everything, every account recovery (phone number, emails, Microsoft/Xbox support) nothing works so I want to make a new account however I don’t wanna lose all my digital games and my progress on games? If I made a new account, can I convert my games into my new account and keep my gaming progress on each game?

:)

ElaineVN, Nov 18, 2023
  2. ElaineVN Win User

Can’t I do a game share? Or would the progress restart for the second account
  3. Smwutches Win User

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. So you would have to start over if you were to do that.
  4. Smwutches Win User

If your console was set as your Home console for the account that you can't access, then you'll still be able to access the games on a new account while using that console. You won't have access to your progress though so you would have to start over.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

How to transfer games from hard drive to series X

Yes they are all digital games. Maybe the problem is with the profiles. My husband left his profile on the old Xbox and let my son have it. He created a new profile for himself and I kept my old profile. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is both my husband and i could play the games on the old Xbox, even if his profile was logged out completely. I feel like the profile or console shouldn’t matter if the games on owned and on the hard drive.
    The game purchases are tied to the account that made them. Using the old account that was given to your son, sign in on the new console and have that old account set the new console as "Home". This will allow that accounts content to be shared to the new console. Only set the console to Home with that account and not others. Once the account has set that console to Home, the account can be either removed from that console or you can turn off auto login for that account so that the two consoles aren't trying to sign in to the same account.
  6. Mark Sandefur Win User

Added a new alias and deleted old one without making the new one my primary

Hi Rodrigo. I still have access to the account under my new primary. It defaulted to my new primary when I deleted the email that used to control my account. My gamertag and lifetime worth of gaming is under the email I removed from the account before making the new one my primary, so my Xbox profile is no longer under my account since I deleted the old one early if that makes sense. Is there any way to get my old Xbox live account back?
Thema:

1. Can I make a new Xbox account and keep my games from my old profile? - Similar Threads - account keep games

2. Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won’t it let me connect my Xbox to epic game account keeps saying it’s already...: Keeps saying my Xbox network account is already connected to another epic game account and idk how or what account that is like to get my account fixed right so I can play games...
  3. Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game missing from Account | Customer Service agents keeps disconnecting the call: I am actually shocked that a trillion dollar company could be crooks and hire such intentionally incompetent people. I bought Kinect Sports Rivals in 2021 to ensure I have a game to play using the...
  4. Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial: When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account. I have my own Microsoft account and created family logins for my two...
  5. my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my account keeps getting the 0x82D40003 code when trying to play games like enlisted or...: my internet is good, other accounts work fine, but my account doesn’t work with the online games or enlisted, we have game pass, again, other accounts work fine so it’s not a issue with “whoever...
  6. I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have £ 40 in my Microsoft account it won't lete use it to purchase a game it keeps...: I have £40 in my Microsoft account. I want to purchase a game but it keeps wanted to take it out of my card. I do not owe Microsoft any money. I have a full account. No problems ever paying What's...
  7. Everytime i open a xbox game, it keeps asking me to log into my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Everytime i open a xbox game, it keeps asking me to log into my account: This has been happening for a while now, but I've grown tired of it. Basically, every time I open, in my case, it is Halo Infinite and MCC, I haven't opened another game to see if this still...
  8. I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...: This is the error code i receive every time i attempt to link my accounts. There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system. Please contact support....
  9. I can't connect my Xbox account to epic games it keep coming wrong account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect my Xbox account to epic games it keep coming wrong account: I can't connect my Xbox account to epic games it comes with and wrong account a7b7ba3d-ec74-483d-8cf4-c62d76ae76d0
  10. Does reset and keep my games and apps get rid of accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does reset and keep my games and apps get rid of accounts?: Does reset and keep my games and apps get rid of accounts. Lets say that if i am game sharing and i do this does it get rid of the account i am game sharing with?...