Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

Discus and support Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly. The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache After... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mooer, May 15, 2015.

1. mooer
    mooer Guest

My Xbox 360 Slim HDD appears to have stopped working properly.

• The most recent May update would not download until I cleared my system cache
    • After doing so, it froze during the update
    • I had to delete my corrupted account then re-dowload it and all was working fine
    • I was playing a game downloaded from the marketplace and received a "can't read disc" error - odd because there is no disc!
    • Then my Xbox would not start up past the logo
    • I took out the hard drive and it would start up just fine - suggesting a problem with the hard drive and not the system
    • I put my hard drive back in and tried clearing the unsuccessful downloads by holding the sync button when turning it on
    • My Xbox had a red light and the E68 error message when it started
    • I tried turning it back on with the hard drive in and the screen still freezes at the logo
    I believe this means that my hard drive has an issue. I don't want to lose the 200GB of data I have stored on it. Is there a way to repair the Xbox 360 Slim HDD? If not, when purchasing a new hard drive, is there a way to transfer the data to the new HDD
    by way of some tech expert?

:)

mooer, May 15, 2015
  2. Keisukii
    Keisukii Guest
    xbox 360 slim Data transfer to another xbox 360 slim?

I have a xbox 360 slim 250gb and i was wondering... if that was to ever break, can i transfer my data to another xbox 360 slim?

i know this can be done with the fat xbox transfering to a xbox slim. but can i transfer data from a 360 slim to another slim? in case my 360 slim ever did break?

thanks for the help

Keisukii, May 15, 2015
  3. HappyG01
    HappyG01 Guest
    HappyG01, May 15, 2015
  4. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced?

I would have to say no. There is no way to hook it up to a PC and also if the hard drive is corrupted. Nothing will detect it to transfer it or back it up.

Nightly Suicide, May 15, 2015
  5. Actually, there IS a way to connect the hard drive to the PC. You just have to buy a standard S-ATA to USB adapter and then connect it to your PC. You can then read the data using xbox 360 xplorer (or something like that, can't recall the exact name though)
    and back it up on you computer HDD.

That same adapter can also be used as a data transfer cable for xbox.

Miguel ÁngelSaavedra, May 17, 2015
  6. Mortsoul
    Mortsoul Guest
    I have the same problem and so do a number of other console owners. The problem seems to be the update corrupting the hard drives of some machines. It is very frustrating that there is no clear solution from the support section on this site.

Mortsoul, May 17, 2015
  7. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    Do _NOT_ use any PC 'apps' Such as Xplorer as suggested by CyberMiguelo. They are against the TOS, and you can risk getting banned. Not to mention said app is beyond sloppy and broken, and you're going to lose data rather than recover it. Once your HDD is
    dying--it's dying. Best thing you can do is find something to back up your data to--, and then try to get your data off of it via your Xbox 360. Try to get an Xbox 360 Transfer Cable (About 20 bucks or so), and once you have your new HDD in the console, use
    the cable to extract the data from your failing HDD. It may have a limited lifetime, so only try it once you have all the parts.

Irixion, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Irixion Win User

Do _NOT_ use any PC 'apps' Such as Xplorer as suggested by CyberMiguelo. They are against the TOS, and you can risk getting banned. Not to mention said app is beyond sloppy and broken, and you're going to lose data rather than recover it. Once your HDD is
    dying--it's dying. Best thing you can do is find something to back up your data to--, and then try to get your data off of it via your Xbox 360. Try to get an Xbox 360 Transfer Cable (About 20 bucks or so), and once you have your new HDD in the console, use
    the cable to extract the data from your failing HDD. It may have a limited lifetime, so only try it once you have all the parts.
  9. Mortsoul Win User

I have the same problem and so do a number of other console owners. The problem seems to be the update corrupting the hard drives of some machines. It is very frustrating that there is no clear solution from the support section on this site.
  10. Miguel ÁngelSaavedr Win User

Actually, there IS a way to connect the hard drive to the PC. You just have to buy a standard S-ATA to USB adapter and then connect it to your PC. You can then read the data using xbox 360 xplorer (or something like that, can't recall the exact name though)
    and back it up on you computer HDD.

That same adapter can also be used as a data transfer cable for xbox.
  11. Nightly Suicide Win User

I would have to say no. There is no way to hook it up to a PC and also if the hard drive is corrupted. Nothing will detect it to transfer it or back it up.
  12. Ari11ian Win User

Lost Email Info attached to RROD'd Gtag - Cannot Recover - Please Help

Called Xbox support.

Verdict: since my original gtag 1 was never online i have to use a transfer cable to transfer profiles from my original rrod hdd to the current xbox.

Problem: the transfer willt be a full data transfer not partial, from my original 60g hdd to my 4g slim. NOT possible.

Solution: purchase xbox 250g or + HDD, replace 4g hdd with 250, purchase 1x slim to slim hdd transfer cable, transfer current profile from 4g HDD to new 250+HDD. Purchase Xbox360 original hdd to Xbox360 slim hdd transfer cable, Transfer profile from original
    360 hdd to 360 slim with new 250g hdd, merge profiles

providing I remember the password.

Ouch.
Thema:

1. Can I keep my Xbox 360 Slim HDD Data If Replaced? - Similar Threads - keep 360 Slim

2. My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 console tray keeps popping back open whether there’s a game in there or not...: My Xbox 360 console CD track keeps opening back up whether I powered on or whether there’s a game in it or not cannot get it to close 4dce58ad-a9c6-46d8-9777-2469082be572
  3. My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not let me download my account it keeps giving me the code 80151103: My Xbox 360 will not let me download my profile it keeps giving me the code 80151103 cefc6d9a-c43f-410f-af89-650fd9a5a827
  4. How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I download my xbox profile to my xbox 360 when its os keeps telling me my password...: And don't give me some **** about two-step verification cause I got it disabled. 4f9e9087-d930-4e81-8174-5ac69ca0e78d
  5. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  7. Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it...: Trying to download my Xbox 360 profile to my Xbox One and it just keeps telling me that it can't connect 8989afff-586d-449f-a2f2-bfabb3ae6983
  8. Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't download update on xbox 360 keep getting status code 4467 - 0000 - 0080 - 0300 - 8007...: I tried formatting the storage device, clearing the cache to factory reset and nothing works, any help would be appreciated. e94feca1-3f69-4047-bf59-651bd731a966
  9. Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does FM1 keep crashing on my Xbox 360?: So about a month ago I picked up FM1 from my local vintage game shop. I found out it was BC on the 360. I put the disc in and it works and plays perfectly, no scratches and in perfect condition....
  10. I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting signed out of xbox live on my 360 slim and its getting annoying: Can someone please help me out? I cleared my storage cashe, I've deleted and redownloaded my Xbox live Gamertag and i've gone through my HD and deleted all the corrupted data. I have changed my...