Can i hear old voice messages

Discus and support Can i hear old voice messages in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So i used to play on Xbox like 7 years ago with my friends when we where like 9 and last time i checked about 2 years ago i could hear the old voice... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Julian Stafström, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Can i hear old voice messages

So i used to play on Xbox like 7 years ago with my friends when we where like 9 and last time i checked about 2 years ago i could hear the old voice messages we sent on our xboxes. I have a pc and i did 2 years ago when i last checked but of course sent the messages on my old xbox. Everything else works (messages, emojis and old game clips) but when there is supposed to be a voice message it is just blank. Can someone help or is it just long gone?

The image shows old messsages and the empty slots are where the voice messages used to be

Thanks in advance

:)

Julian Stafström, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Julian!

There's a possibility that those voice data were already lost since it's been several years already. I am not certain about the reason why but most likely they're long gone.

I suggest that you try to access your messages using an Xbox console or Xbox app on mobile. If you see the same thing, I am afraid we couldn't do much about it anymore.

Thank you!
  3. smileskybird Win User

O Voice Messaging, Where Art Thou?

Peps who don't enjoy voice messaging are probably too old to put up with love messages or hear music in a message or don't have many friends who have sent or exchanged voice messages with or they're too old to hear little kids in their inbox. Some voice
    messages can be funny others a bit annoying and some peps who only send voice messages. If someone wanted to apologize in a message, doing so verbally in a message is better than just III Texting III it. Despite the term chat pad, a pad cannot chat. It can
    only txt type. Bring out voice messaging already.
  4. stutheblue73 Win User

Chat not working

Also, I can send voice message to my friends and they can hear them...
  5. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I can hear or send voice messages. Any ideas?

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

Kindly check your Xbox privacy settings and set it as "Allow" and "Everyone" communication with everyone.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

Or using in Windows PC/Laptop:

Sign in to your Microsoft account at Xbox.com.

Select your gamertag, and then select the More actions button (…).

Select Xbox settings, and then select Privacy & online safety.

Note Because you’re accessing sensitive info, you may have to enter your password or PIN.

Select either the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab or the Privacy tab.

Review the current settings and update the tab Communication & multiplayer as "Allow" and "Everyone", and then select Submit to save the changes.

Note You must select Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving or switching to another tab. If you don't submit the changes before you move to the other tab, your changes won't be saved.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/family-onli....
  6. Nick Connors Win User

XBL party chat

I forgot to mention that they can hear my voice messages just not party chat
Thema:

1. Can i hear old voice messages - Similar Threads - hear old voice

2. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  5. I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear everything but my microphone isn't working. Is there a way to fixing this?: I just got a new mic and when plugging it into my controller I could hear just fine but my microphone didn't work. I've already tried some solutions but nothing seemed to work. Is there any...
  6. I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I get randomly disconnected from my Xbox party (I'm on pc) and I cannot hear nor talk to my...: For the last 2 weeks, I have gotten randomly disconnected from my Xbox party yet it does not say disconnected nor connecting, and the issue will happen if I leave my current party to join another....
  7. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  8. My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My old and new mics aren’t working in party or game but I can hear party: Hi I’ve had this problem for a while and it’s as simple as I can’t talk in party. I bought a new mic thinking that it was that but I still can’t talk. I’ve checked if my mic is on mute which it...
  9. Headset only 4 weeks old but i can only hear them,they cant hear me!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only 4 weeks old but i can only hear them,they cant hear me!: My sons headset(turtle beach recon 70) is only a few weeks old but he can hear the others in the party but they cant hear him 3e0e9e17-518f-413d-8228-bd27a3f4c35e
  10. My 11 year old can hear other players that aren’t friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    My 11 year old can hear other players that aren’t friends: I’ve set the privacy settings so my 11 year old should only chat or game with his friends. This usually works fine but today he could hear a stranger. Any advice how to prevent this?...