Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...

Discus and support Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I want to gift a game to a friend in another country but can't, so I'm wondering if it will work, if I change my region to their country, and then gift... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tyler S3, Aug 4, 2023.

1. Tyler S3
    Tyler S3 Guest

Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their...

I want to gift a game to a friend in another country but can't, so I'm wondering if it will work, if I change my region to their country, and then gift them the game ? Or does my IP also have to be in the same region ?

:)

Tyler S3, Aug 4, 2023
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their country before I buy it ?

Hello Tyler S, my name is zahir, a independent advisor.

You are such a good friend.

Unfortunately No. Gifting through Xbox is region locked. You would have to see if you can get a code that will work for their region from a different retailer.

And even if you change your location and manage to send the game to him, he wont be able to play it.

Im sorry about this.

Regards
    Zahir
  3. Smwutches Win User

country to country

Gifting through Xbox is region locked. So you cannot send a gift to a friend in another country. You would have to purchase it from another retailer for that country.
  4. ShaneHepburn Win User

country to country

Have a question here, How can you send digital games or gift to a friend from another country?
    Hello NoRTher,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox Forums here is the link of all the regions

thanks

Shane
  5. x FURY x Win User

Redeeming Xbox Gift Cards from Different Regions

Unfortunately that is not possible. I've made gift purchases and neither of my friends living in a different region could gain access to retrieve the gift because they lived in a different country.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

A friend bought me a game but I can't use the code

Unfortunately you can't gift games if your friend lives in a different country. He will have to either gift to another friend in the US or request a refund. It does state at purchase that gifting is only available in the same country.
Thema:

1. Can I gift a game to a friend that lives in another country if I change my region to their... - Similar Threads - gift game friend

2. Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn’t my friend have the game I gifted him?: I recently gifted the dark pictures little hope(game) to my friend so we could play together but it seems he hasn’t received it. I’m just curious because last time I did this he was able to...
  3. My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My friend recently gifted me a game but it hasnt shown the code so I can download it and it...: My friend gifted me something a week ago and it hasnt come it yet 44708d46-f152-45e1-a5d9-f24e951b5b10
  4. Glitched game pass gift for a friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Glitched game pass gift for a friend.: Hello, I made a bad mistake of buying a gift for my friend (which is on my Xbox) on my computer which has the game pass (for pc) 3 months trial. We're game sharing and the game runs better on my...
  5. Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but...: Friend bought me a game through gifting and it’s a series s/x game. I have a series s but it won’t download and says incompatible with this device e93ad5d8-9461-4955-a4c7-0392213f0fe4
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...

in XboX Insiders
    If I give a game as an Xbox gift to a friend via the store, can I also play it with account...: Sorry if my question isn't precise, a friend wants to give me an Xbox game directly with the "buy as gift" option. This will give me the game with a code but once downloaded will he also have...
  8. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  9. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c
  10. If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I'm in Canada, can I gift a game pass to my friend in the U S A??: Trying to send my friend funds for game pass through the Microsoft store. 927c4674-cad6-4433-86d2-048c38dc1319