Can I get my old account names released?

Discus and support Can I get my old account names released? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. So here's the quick story, back in 2010 I had a friend who used the name McCandyPanda, and he changed his name to iOtterBro. And back then, as a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zader, May 9, 2023.

1. Zader
    Zader Guest

Hi. So here's the quick story, back in 2010 I had a friend who used the name McCandyPanda, and he changed his name to iOtterBro. And back then, as a joke I made a whole new account, using his old McCandyPanda gamertag. But since then, I have completely forgotten the email and password I have used for that account. And he's been asking me for me to change the name for years now, but I have been unable to do so. I've read stuff on the forums say how accounts are deleted after 5 years but the name can't be released if the account is still active outside of xbox, but I KNOW it's not active since I was the one that made it. So is there anyone I can talk to to possibly get this gamertag released? Please and thank you!

:)

Zader, May 9, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

There's no way to request it to be freed up.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag change

Is there anyway I can change a name of an old account of mine and then change my main accounts name to that?
    Yes. If you change the name on the old account it'll free up the gamertag for use so you can change it to that.
  4. IIVxWARxVII Win User

Why is my deleted account still possible to be viewed over Xbox Live?

All old accounts are keeped for a certain time limit and cannot be reused until it is released. periodically old account names a made reusable but this is done at random.
  5. ChillySubset694 Win User

Unable to reset Live account - I have tried everything!

If I cancel my account completly can I change my name on the new account to my old account gamertag?
  6. S9V9G3 Win User

Can i get my old account back?

how can i get my old account back i have another console but i lost it and now i forget the email and password and i want it back because it has dlc maps that now i really need
Thema:

1. Can I get my old account names released? - Similar Threads - old account names

2. My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    My old xbox account named xen luvs god was hacked: The account xen luvs god, which was previously mine was hacked yesterday, the password was changed, the recover phone number was changed, and the recovery email was changed, the email that created...
  3. How to search for an old account's name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to search for an old account's name?: My Xbox1 got the black screen and I had to reset it, everything stayed fine except my main account was gone, I remember the first part of the name but not the numbers at the end, and I dont have...
  4. Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Making a new minecraft account using my old unmigrated account name: Hi! For the past 4 years ive been studying at school and university and have not really played minecraft. I did not know about this migration and unfortunately have missed the date. Ive had this...
  5. How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to use an old name on Minecraft from an account that was not migrated.: Hello, I have been attempting to get access to and old name I used on minecraft for a number of years before migration happened. I had a name associated with a Mojang account that is my goto...
  6. Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of old xbox account and my computer has wrong name: My kid used his name w/one ilof my email address to make an xbox 1 account. Shortly after I bought a computer, and when I set it up it took that account name. Now it made everything on my computer...
  7. Will they ever purge old account names again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will they ever purge old account names again?: I've had the same gamertag forever with numbers at the end of my name. There's an account that hasn't been active in almost a decade that has my name, but without numbers. Will microsoft ever...
  8. I have an old account by the name of Twitch M8st3r47, the original email has been deleted...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an old account by the name of Twitch M8st3r47, the original email has been deleted...: Is there a way to change the account information, all i know is my Username, this account is from the release of the Xbox one till about 2018-19 a75c07a3-5437-42f6-954d-eaa6382ae5ba
  9. so the account name is my account i need to change its email and get into my old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    so the account name is my account i need to change its email and get into my old email: so heres my issue i got battlefield five my ea account is deactivated i need to rectivate it so i try signing in or figuring out how to connect a new account to my xbox account. so the new account...
  10. Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360: Hello, I had an xbox 360 6 years ago and I had multiple users on it. Now with Halo coming to pc I heard that the game might force you to use your xbox live gamertag, which I do not want to use. I...