Can I get bedrock for free if I already have java?

Discus and support Can I get bedrock for free if I already have java? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft Java back in 2020 and I was wondering if since theres the if you buy java you can get bedrock for free and vice versa. Can I get... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RacconAppend, Mar 9, 2023.

1. RacconAppend
    RacconAppend Guest

I bought Minecraft Java back in 2020 and I was wondering if since theres the if you buy java you can get bedrock for free and vice versa.
    Can I get bedrock for free or do I just have to pay for it?

:)

RacconAppend, Mar 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you already own the Minecraft Java Edition you should be able to get the Minecraft Bedrock Edition for PC for free.

According to Mojang --

"1. Go to this link: https://aka.ms/JavaBedrockEdition

2. Sign-in to the Microsoft Store with your Microsoft account. Please note: If you still only have a Mojang account and have not yet migrated to a Microsoft account, you will have to migrate to a Microsoft account before you can redeem your new game.

3. Once you’re signed in, instead of a “Buy” button you should see a button that says “Get.” Click this button – and now you own both editions!"

For your reference, you can check this link: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/66...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Enache Ciprian1 Win User

Minecraft java edition problem

It tells me that i have to pay for it but i already did. In minecraft bedrock it tells me i can get java edition for free but it does not let me
  4. Astronut365 Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 not owned by me anymore?

Also again my order history will NOT say I purchased Minecraft because I did not. As stated before, I got minecraft bedrock because Mojang gave a free code to redeem Bedrock for all Mojang users that purchased Java Edition before a certain date see article below:

How do I get free bedrock if I have Java? (wikilivre.org)

"Windows 10 has the legacy Java Edition as well as the modern Bedrock Edition. If you bought the Java Edition before October 19, 2018, you can redeem a free copy of the Bedrock Edition. You can also buy the Windows 10 edition directly from Microsoft for $20."

I did redeem this code, so again what gives?
  5. Des K Win User

Minecraft: java and bedrock edition bundle doesn't let me install bedrock edition.

Hi! I just saw this and have been having issues getting the Java account. I have bedrock on this account for pc but still no Java. It says i can "Play" java but then it wont let me. Will i be able to get java since i already have bedrock? Im confused why it wont let me play or create a profile.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Can I get Minecraft: Java Edition for free if I already have bedrock?

Hi CerealBeforeMilk! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Yes, it will work the other way also, but that offer will begin on the summer of 2022, you just need to wait till then to get access to the java edition

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/46...
Thema:

1. Can I get bedrock for free if I already have java? - Similar Threads - bedrock free already

2. Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where can i claim my free Java when i have bedrock?: I Have bedrock edition for my computer, but I can't seem to claim my Java. where can I get help on this topic? 8371bed2-81f7-4b32-8efb-8f171967cec1
  3. I have bedrock minecraft and apparently i can get java minecraft for free because i have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have bedrock minecraft and apparently i can get java minecraft for free because i have...: it says on the minecraft website ppl who have bedrock can get free java mc and vice versa, but whenever i check or follow the steps, it doesnt say anywhere to get java for free...
  4. How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I play Java for free if I own bedrock?: I own bedrock edition but it would let me play Java edition. When I go to buy Java edition it says I already own this but it wont let me play 92493e19-ceb5-4b74-8d39-5240a68dac6e
  5. if i got the minecraft java redeem code and i redeemed it will i get bedrock for free or i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i got the minecraft java redeem code and i redeemed it will i get bedrock for free or i...: if i got the minecraft java redeem code and i redeemed it will i get bedrock for free or i need to buy the redeem code of the java & bedrock ??? f4441635-037d-42c4-98e6-1c648addecf9
  6. how do i get java and bedrock edition for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i get java and bedrock edition for free?: i already own java and bedrock separately and when i sign into microsoft the buy button should turn to get but the only options are get with game pass or buy so can i only get it with game pass...
  7. I own Minecraft Bedrock on PC. Is it possible to get it on my Nintendo Switch for free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I own Minecraft Bedrock on PC. Is it possible to get it on my Nintendo Switch for free?: I own Minecraft Bedrock on PC. Is it possible to get it on my Nintendo Switch for free? I was just wondering if I can because I have a computer and a Nintendo Switch....
  8. Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i still get Minecraft Java edition for free when having Minecraft Bedrock edition on...: I heard that you can get the minecraft java edition when having minecraft bedrock from the Xbox gamepass, is that promotion still available? can i still get it? does it work if i get the Gamepass...
  9. I bought minecraft java, and apparently i should get bedrock for free but it says play trial ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought minecraft java, and apparently i should get bedrock for free but it says play trial ?: according to: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java---bedrock-edition-pc-out-june-7 i should have bedrock now, but i dont :/ c3279a2b-3b0f-4ebb-9efc-129b4093431b
  10. Minecraft Bedrock Crashing When Accessing Free Gifts in Event

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Crashing When Accessing Free Gifts in Event: Any time I have clicked on the free gift section of the Minecraft Marketplace, it has crashed. I have received the last 20 or so gifts just fine but all of a sudden it now just crashes any time I...