Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ?

Discus and support Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ryan Hajjar, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Ryan Hajjar
    Ryan Hajjar Guest

Hi

There are a lot of games that i can't download on my xbox since they are too big, like starfield, flight simulator, or forza. I am travelling in a few days and i will have good wifi, but i don't have place to take my xbox, can i download the games on pc, then put them on a hard drive then on my xbox ? I have the gamepass ultimate so i can download the games on pc and xbox.

Thank you

:)

Ryan Hajjar, Dec 19, 2023
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Transfer games with a seagate harddrive from old gen xbox to new gen xbox.

If the games are Series X optimized, you will need to transfer them to the internal hard drive on the Series X in order to play them, but as Obsessive Power stated, you can just plug the hard drive in and not have to redownload anything.
  4. chucky23456789 Win User

Xbox Series X External HDD compatability

yes you can play all your games from your hard drive you can plug a 3.0 hard drive in to the new xbox series x and can copy xbox series x games to the hard drive but you will need to copy them back to the xbox if you want to play them again
  5. MattMerdoc Win User

Xbox one games on Xbox series x

What about the games that I currently have stored on my external hard drive? Will I be able to use that on my Series X to play those games? Or will I have re download them on the Series X?
  6. JoshuaValdez2 Win User

The new expansion card for Xbox Series X

Hi,

Current external hard drives are USB 3.0 5,400 RPM mechanical hard drives. These drives are very slow compared to the Expansion card. You won't be able to run Series X/S games from current external hard drives, not even the 2.5" external SSD drives either.
    But, you will be able to archive your Series X/S games to these drives to save downloading again.

The expansion card can run all compatible Xbox games. Which will be Series X/S, Xbox One and the BC Xbox 360 and original Xbox games on the BC list.

Xbox One and other Backwards compatible games will load a lot faster on either the internal storage or the expansion card than they would if you ran them off your external hard drive.

Microsoft has a video on YouTube showing 'The Outer Worlds' loading in just 11 seconds on a Series X/S SSD, compared to nearly 60 seconds on Xbox One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wCX0n9Jci4
    I see. So how would i be able to transfer everything i have on my old hard drive to the new expansion card?
Thema:

1. Can I download games on hard drive, then transfer them to my xbox series x ? - Similar Threads - download games hard

2. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  3. Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t i see my game in my full library that was downloaded on an external hard drive...: So I had my copy of Lego Star Wars the Skywalker Saga downloaded on my external hard drive as well as my copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 but that was the disc version and I could redownload Red Dead...
  4. can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't download games to hard drive on xbox gamepass, ran into weird issue with the h drive...: so when i tried to download games to my h drive it would never let me, and nothing i found on here or anywhere else would help, and when i was messing around trying to find a solution, i went to...
  5. Trying to download PC game to external hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to download PC game to external hard drive: Hello May sons laptop doesn’t have enough storage to download the new Flight Simulator Game. He has an external hard drive but cannot figure out how to save the game to this. I keep getting this...
  6. I cant download a game to my external hard drives.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant download a game to my external hard drives.: I have 2 external hard drives. I cant download any games from Xbox on pc to them unless im playing via ea play. Yet in the settings it recognizes the 2 hard drives. I'm confused....
  7. Where should I download game pass games to ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where should I download game pass games to ?: I want to install all game pass games on my Xbox-s system drive to play, but would like to store them long term on a larger rotational drive external drive and just move them to Xbox system drive...
  8. Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Files still take up hard drive space when I cancel a download with Xbox Game Pass on my PC: So I was going to download Forza game on my PC on Xbox Game Pass, but then decided I didn't want to play it after all, so I cancelled the download, and I noticed that I didn't get my harddrive...
  9. Xbox Game Pass for PC Download Issues When Trying to Install Games on an External Hard Drive.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Download Issues When Trying to Install Games on an External Hard Drive.: I recently got a 1TB hard rive for my PC because the SSD in my computer is very small. However when trying to download anything from the game pass app I get "Error Code: 0x80073d13". All the info...
  10. My game downloads are extremely slow, sometimes stop, and an error occurs. hard to download???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My game downloads are extremely slow, sometimes stop, and an error occurs. hard to download???: Extremely slow game downloads on my brand new xbox one. Sometime will download fine and then an error will happen and keep happening and stop the download. Then after restarting and reinstalling...