Can I downgrade from Gold, but manage my kids' Gold accounts?

Discus and support Can I downgrade from Gold, but manage my kids' Gold accounts? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Over a year ago, I bought a Xbox Live Gold family plan for myself and 2 kids. A couple months ago, Xbox converted all of the Live Gold accounts from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dmk1974, Jan 19, 2014.

1. dmk1974
    dmk1974 Guest

Over a year ago, I bought a Xbox Live Gold family plan for myself and 2 kids. A couple months ago, Xbox converted all of the Live Gold accounts from family to individual and added a few months onto each.

When the time to renew comes, I was thinking of "downgrading" my account to the non-Gold version of Xbox live and then still renew Live Gold for the kids. Since they are 10, I have some parental controls and limitations enabled.

My question is, even if my account is not "Gold", can I still manage and keep control of their Gold accounts? Thanks!

:)

dmk1974, Jan 19, 2014
  2. Sekrof
    Sekrof Guest
    Can I Add my Gold Account to a Family Account?

Does anyone know whether it's possible to add my Gold Account to a Family Gold Account?

I was thinking of buying a Family Gold Account for the kids now they are old enough, but would like to manage the entire Family account using my existing Gold Account.

Possible?

Sekrof, Jan 19, 2014
  3. When sharing your Gold subscription, what are the specific gold benefits you get?

When I set my xbox to the home XBOX my gold subscription is supposedly shared with my kids accounts. What does this include?

It seems they (kids) can play games online but they (kids) cannot purchase games with gold for example.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!

John-PaulRanaudo, Jan 19, 2014
  4. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest

Hey there dmk. Yes, as long as your account is the parental account, then you can always be able to manage their accounts until they are of the legal adult age in your country. Can I downgrade from Gold, but manage my kids' Gold accounts? :)

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 19, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: