Can I downgrade an account to child.

Discus and support Can I downgrade an account to child. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; A friend of mine has an Xbox Series S. When she originally set it up she set up her oldest child Aged 9 as the normal account and her youngest child... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Rob17340, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Rob17340
    Rob17340 Guest

A friend of mine has an Xbox Series S. When she originally set it up she set up her oldest child Aged 9 as the normal account and her youngest child aged 7 as the child account. They have since discovered the 9-year-old has been accessing content they would rather he not. Is it possible for me to help her create a new Adult account and downgrade the previous account to a childs account. I am fine with creating a new microsoft account for the adult profile and leaving everything else the same on the accounts currently associated with the system. All I am trying to do is add an account to now be able to set parental controls and restrictions on the currently unrestricted account.

:)

Rob17340, Dec 21, 2023
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to transfer Xbox profile from adult to child account?

You can't downgrade or transfer an adult account to a child account

Your best solution would be to make a new child account and use the home setting feature to share games
  4. RK1_332 Win User

Account downgrade to Child-Account?

Hi Clyde,

I have the same issue, my son started playing Minecraft so there wasn't much of a need for parental control, now that he's older and plays games like Fortnite way too often I want to utilize the limit screen time options, but in order to do that I'll need
    to take over the master account that he plays on and then he'll end up losing all of his achievements, and likely also his screen name and such. Microsoft should really come up with a way to solve this, I'm the parent, I don't want an XBOX live account, I
    set the account up with my email and I should be able to manage from a website without creating a gamer profile on the XBOX. Were you successfully able to create a new account and transfer his accomplishments? Any other pain points?

Thanks,
  5. SLT123 Win User

Hi - What is a family gold pack? I have the same problem as Clyde. No way now to control my son's Fortnite activity since he established his own account way back when he was playing something benign. Now that he's playing
    FortNite, I'm regretting not having parental controls.

I think the fact I can't transfer his acct with rewards,...to a parental account is a weakness of XBox. Do you know if there is any way to go track the amount of time the child has played on the console plus his phone
    plus the mac? Is the only way to get his account password and go into each device and add it all up?

Thanks, S
  6. zl DiviNe lz Win User

You should talk to Xbox Support
Thema:

1. Can I downgrade an account to child. - Similar Threads - downgrade account child

2. Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Partial Detection Issue with Xbox Controller After Downgrading from Windows 11 to Windows 10: Hello, I have had this Xbox controller for 3 years now and have never had any issues. However, I recently switched from Windows 11 to Windows 10, and since then, my PC only detects the joysticks...
  3. Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it physically possible to downgrade your xbox 360 dash?: Is it possible to downgrade your dashboard on xbox 360? I could install a mod chip for RGH, but im just wondering if its possible to access update logs on metro, and downgrade from there. Ive...
  4. Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 Dashboard Downgrade Idea For Nostalgia Purposes: So I have an Idea where Microsoft could make it where we could go back & visit the older Xbox 360 dashboards like the Blades/NXE/Kinect Dashboard for nostalgia purposes they should try to make an...
  5. Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can we raise awareness so that they let us downgrade game bar versions?: Im currently faced with an issue regarding Xbox Game Bar on PC and that problem is that I can no longer change accounts on it with the new update by just looking at how it works you can only...
  6. Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game downgrade from Xbox X to Xbox One: I own an Xbox X and my daughter has the Xbox One. I have shared games with her without any issue until we downloaded mw2 and now also mw3. The graphics are perfect on mine but are terrible and...
  7. Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't access Xbox Game Pass after downgrading: I used to have Game Pass Ultimate for PC & Xbox but downgraded to just Xbox Game Pass. When I try to access Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold games on my console it asks me if I want to subscribe to...
  8. Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is downgrading the minecraft bedrock version is not an option on the minecraft launcher: On the minecraft launcher downloaded from microsoft store, there is an option to downgrade java edition but not for bedrock, why is that so? And if lets say the minecraft bedrock version can be...
  9. My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My RDR2 game has been downgraded from "ultimate edition" to the normal edition after buying...: So my Xbox one finally gave up after 9 years of service. Bought a new Series X, and installed my RDR2 game but suddenly I noticed that the extra items from the "ultimate edition" was gone. In the...
  10. I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downgraded my game pass account from ultimate now my modern warfare 2 doesn’t work: I recently downgraded from 15$ a month to the 9.99 plan. I go to play modern warfare 2 multiplayer and I am prompted to upgrade back to game pass ultimate and can no longer play multiplayer....