Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads?

Discus and support Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Burky319, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Burky319
    Burky319 Guest

Backstory: I bought COD Modern Warfare on disc for a great price, and I've been playing it for several months now. My Xbox One S is giving me problems, and I have the opportunity to buy a new one, but I wanted to get the All Digital edition to cut down on
    noise and load times (not the point, sorry).

Question: Is there a way to redeem my disc copy for a digital download? copyright law should support it as it's the same principle behind owning mp3's if you own the song on disc...i do understand it opens the possibility for someone else to install the
    disc, and though that is not my intention, I think that may be my answer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Burky319, Aug 4, 2020
  2. wi7bit Win User

Hi Burky319

I'm afraid this isn't possible. Microsoft toyed with the idea that you could take it to a store and swap if for a code and then they destroy this disc, but nothing ever came if it. But this was back in the 360 days.

Anyway... Sorry...
  3. Burky319 Win User

Pretty solid solution, though! Thanks for the reply. Guess im sending them more money!
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

but I wanted to get the All Digital edition to cut down on noise and load time
    Hi,

You won't cut down on noise and load times. There won't be any noise difference (unless your old console has noise issue with hardware).

Load times will be exactly the same as your old console, digital downloads do not load faster than the games you own on disc.

The only way to get a game to load faster would be attach a USB SSD drive and install your game to that.

The disc is just the medium to get the game, disc games install entirely to the hard drive, hence no speed advantage.
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Move a game on disk to digital.

The only way to get your disc game working on the "All digital" edition of the Xbox One is to purchase the game digitally.

It's not possible to "convert" a disc game to a digital game. Otherwise you could buy a disc, convert it to digital, and sell the disc to someone else who would then convert to digital, sell the disc and so on, until the whole world has the game digitally,
    and only one disc was sold.

So the only way to get a digital copy of your disc based game would be to buy the game digitally again.
  6. S T R l K U R Win User

Hey MS! How can we Pre Order games we want to Download???

If Microsoft wants me to convert to digital downloads and NOT BUY A PHYSICAL DISC...they need to make digital downloads cheaper than disc!!!!!

$45.00 for digital vs $60.00 for disc.....THEN IM GOING DIGITAL ,......

DO YOU HEAR ME MICROSOFT?
Thema:

1. Can I convert my disc games into digital downloads? - Similar Threads - convert disc games

2. Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft bedrock keeps crashing when I try to convert a Xbox 360 world to it after...: Basically when ever I go to bring the world to bedrock after transferring it to the one addition it go up to 16 percent then crashes the game 698cce11-900d-49a0-8b20-f58ba80e9854
  3. Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't Login to Microsoft Store - Account Converted to Office365: In Aug-2020 I purchased a copy of MS Flight Simulator and have the email receipt and order number. I only have and have ever had one email address, which is from a business I own. In 2020 I...
  4. Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's

in XBoX on Windows
    Split screen multiplayer converted to full screen using two different TV's: I have a HDMI splitter for possibly connecting two TV's to one Xbox series X and I was wondering if there is a way to input new coding to make split screen on one TV to full screen using two...
  5. convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters

in XBoX on Windows
    convert a 16 character epic vbucks card to 25 characters: How do I convert a 16 character Fortnight vbucks card to 25 charaters? dd004f24-34e5-4277-90b9-f971fab47602
  6. I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't convert my 200$ Microsoft balance into Robux. What can I do?: Service Unavailable (microsoft.com) Error message: HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable. 40182fce-ab9b-4574-b990-ad552c9f69bd
  7. Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I convert the coins in Microsoft solitaire game collection to real money?: I am playing "Klondike" in the Solitaire & Casual Games Collection. And have received coins in daily challenges. If there's no way to, still inform me. So I won't have a false hope....
  8. Convert disc to digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert disc to digital game: Ive had my series S for 2 years and I've always wanted to play Forza Motorsport 7 on it but i only have to the disc for the game so i did not want to buy another copy , am i able to convert the...
  9. Convert Disc to Digital copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Convert Disc to Digital copy?: This is just an idea, that i think would be pretty cool and usefull. So, i stupidly bought a Disc version of ARK for xbox. After realising it was on Xbox Play Anywhere, so buying digital would...
  10. Convert disc to digital copy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Convert disc to digital copy: in the next update can yall make Xbox games were you can be able to convert a disc to a digital copy without pay because my Xbox one randomly ejects my disc for no reason and I seen a bunch of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you convert a disc game to a digital game on xbox