Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how???

Discus and support Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have what I think is the correct adaptor to hook up the xBox to the iMac. I don't see any simple way to get the two to talk to each other. Can I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BrawnierSet1058, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how???

I have what I think is the correct adaptor to hook up the xBox to the iMac.

I don't see any simple way to get the two to talk to each other. Can I even use an xBox with an iMac?

Need idiots guide on how to make this work, if someone can help?

Ian

:)

BrawnierSet1058, Nov 11, 2016
  2. Imac 27 inch as monitor for xbox one

i just moved into an apartment and am wondering if i can use my imac 27 inch as a monitor for my xbox one. I also have a hdmi to lightning port adapter and would love to play xbox on my big computer screen

FruitfulBinkie, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Xbox live on imac computer

Is there a way to connect my xbox to my imac computer. The computer does not have a HDMI port.

ProfusePlace396, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

connecting xbox to new iMac

Hi BrianHT, my name is Adam.

To connect your Xbox Series S to your iMac, you can use an Elgato HD60 S+ device to connect the game console to your Mac computer and play games on the Mac screen.

Alternatively, you can use a mini-display-to-HDMI adapter to connect your Xbox Series S to your iMac. You can pick up these adapters from Amazon for a reasonable price. Here are the steps to connect your Xbox to your iMac using an HDMI cable:

1. Connect the mini-display-to-HDMI adapter to the back of your iMac.
    2. Connect the HDMI cable from your Xbox to the adapter’s HDMI slot.

Once you have connected your Xbox to your iMac, you can use your iMac as an external monitor for your Xbox.

I hope this helps.
    Adam.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

how to connect XBox One S to an iMac

You’ll want to grab a micro-USB cable to hook your Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller up since Bluetooth is out. Luckily, there’s still a way you can get things working. It will require a bit more craftiness on your part, but it’s nothing you shouldn’t be able
    to handle.
    I don't think the OP is asking how to connect an Xbox controller to an iMac, they appear to be asking how to connect the console to it.

If they are indeed asking how to connect the console to the iMac to use its screen, then I'm sorry but that isn't going to work. The connectors on the iMac (Display port or HDMI) are
    outputs only. This means that they can only be used to output the iMac screen on a external display, you can't input a video signal into the iMac screen.
  6. Eletricdrum Win User

Can you use a iMac as a monitor for a Xbox s/x without using third party programs?

Hi, my name is Fernando and I am an independent consultant for Microsoft products.

Yes you can use the iMac as a monitor, you'll just need the mini-display-to-HDMI adapter connected to the back of your iMac.

So, just connect the other side of the mini display cord to the corresponding port in your adapter box and c onnect your HDMI cable from your Xbox HDMI port to the HDMI port of your adapter.
  7. RedFoxy Darrest Win User

Blu-ray player error: 0x91d7000a

I tried with the original hdmi cable and other two hi quality cablE, I've an iMac, xbox one and a xbox 360 connected to my Dell 2709 monitor, last week I connected a PS4 and played Big Hero 6 blu ray without troubles and using same hdmi cable.

I tried to connect my xbox one to a Sony TV and it goes, why I'm forced to use a TV when I've a wonderful monitor?
  8. dlCHIEF58 Win User

xBox 360 и iMac 21'5 late 2012

No, that would not work as you cannot use the iMac itself as an external monitor. The iMacs only have external video output and no video input to use as a separate monitor.
Thema:

Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how???

1. Can I connect and xbox 360 to an iMac computer/Monitor for use? If so, how??? - Similar Threads - connect 360 iMac

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I connect my xbox 360 to my laptop?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to use my laptop as a monitor for my Xbox, but I'm running into some difficulties and could use some advice. Here's what I've tried so far: HDMI Connection: My laptop...
  4. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  5. How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my wifi router: It keeps saying that it is not connecting to the wifi router itself even though it says the wifi signal is 100% and now i cant get my profile to sync anymore. At first i thought it was because my...
  6. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  7. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  8. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  9. Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace...won't connect?: Trying to connect to Xbox 360 marketplace to buy a video game which I did in October but can't now 094132d1-2583-4ab4-9d0c-6c869d427b94
  10. When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...

in XBoX on Windows
    When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...: I have 101 apps installed on my Xbox 360 S. When the console is connected to the Internet, will some installed applications no longer supported be auto uninstalled upon the request of the...