Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

Discus and support Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So, My brothers account is set-up with my address My account is set up with my dads is it at all possible to change the email of each account to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ���� ��������, Aug 2, 2023.

1. Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

So,

My brothers account is set-up with my address

My account is set up with my dads

is it at all possible to change the email of each account to our own.

they are icloud by the way.

So can i take the primary email address of my brothers, change it to his, and reuse the primary email address (which is mine) on the account i use, and delete my fathers and set him up with a new one?

Without losing any progress or games assigned to that account.

Thanks.

:)

���� ��������, Aug 2, 2023
  2. choppyseize Win User

Why cant i still not change my email address?

Hello

How are you trying to change the email address? You can only change the primary email address associated with the account. You will need to add the new one first as a secondary account. Then switch it to the primary one.
  3. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

There is a process to change the primary email on a Microsoft account.

First add it as an alias do not make it primary. Make sure it works correctly to sign in. Promote that email to primary and again validate. Last remove the former primary address from the account.

You can search on how to change primary email on MS account and should find a step by step guide.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Email issues

the microsoft account is the email and xbox account, if your parents used their account to create your xbox account then they still own that account, changing the primary email and deleting their email address just basically means changed your parents email address and if they had used their original address to sign into other services across the net then you have just broken all of that.

as you changed the email address the email inbox will still belong to them and they will still receive emails.

you need to create your own account.
  6. XBF Leo G Win User

Migrar o perfil xbox da conta Microsoft -[Translation - Migrate the Microsoft account xbox profile]

Hello AlanMacielBR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in learning how you can move an Xbox profile from one Microsoft account to another. At the moment, this feature is not available for Microsoft account. The only option is
    to change the primary email address(primary alias) of the Microsoft account that has your Xbox profile. The account owner must

change the primary alias
    of the account that has your Xbox profile to the intended email address. The account owner can then use the previous email address by adding it as a primary alias to a different Microsoft account. However, If you remove an alias
    that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again. We hope this information helps AlanMacielBR!
Thema:

Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first...

1. Can i change the primary email address of an xbox account and then delete the email first... - Similar Threads - change primary email

2. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  3. Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft apps on my Laptop won't sign me in after i changed my Primary Email.: A few weeks ago i changed my Primary email from my dads to my own and afterwards any microsoft apps on my laptop(Xbox App, Microsoft store, onedrive, Etc.) won't let me sign in, as soon as i put...
  4. if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i change the primary atlas on my microsoft account will it affect the other email? And...: I don't have any details to add. e1952aac-73e6-4162-9e11-392a84dbdc64
  5. How to change primary email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change primary email?: Okay, so Im trying to change my primary email to a different email but I can't add one because its already an existing one. When I go to my microsoft account on my computer it is linked with the...
  6. My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My primary alias has been changed to an unrecognized email: Recently on October 22th I got a notification from my email telling me the following: I think I have been hacked because the email that is has been changed to I do not recognize at all. I tried...
  7. Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account

in XboX Insiders
    Will I loose anything if I change my primary email on my Xbox account: I’ve had my Xbox for as long as I can remember and have been playing under my dad’s gmail account. Now that I’m older I would like to change the primary email of the account to my email and delete...
  8. My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Username, email and primary alias got changed, please help!: A few months ago, and yes I have noticed at that time, I tried getting tons of support to try to recover my account but the mods or admins haven't been able to do much because I keep seeing the...
  9. Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing primary email associated with a gamertag?: I got my Xbox when I was 13 years old and too young to have my own email. Due to this, we used my mothers email address to sign up for my Xbox account. Now, 10 years later at the age of 23, I...
  10. I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am trying to sign in after changing my primary alias email.: I recently changed my primary alias email to my personal email and now I cant access my xbox game pass now as i sign in it says the account doesnt exist but it clearly does. What can I do to fix...