Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial

Discus and support Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account. I have my own Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tommy_G_83, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Tommy_G_83
    Tommy_G_83 Guest

When i setup my sons Xbox quite quickly on Xmas day i figured it was best to set the 3 month Game Pass Trial to his account.

I have my own Microsoft account and created family logins for my two sons previously.

However reading into it more and the fact i'm having lots of access problems being a child account, i should have added my own account and then added them as users.

Can i change this on the Xbox so i can set up the family app settings properly?

Will that keep the 3 months Game Pass trial under our group? As in is it just linked to the Xbox not user?

Any advice on how to make this work would be appreciated.

:)

Tommy_G_83, Jan 6, 2024
  2. Tommy_G_83 Win User

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the Virtual Agent many times and just constantly says "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical problem".

I'm thinking maybe best to just let the 3 months expire, and then re-setup the device properly.
  3. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Tommy_G_83, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Unfortunately, there is no way to transfer a Gamepass trial to another account because it is already linked to your child's account. Please remember that this is a Microsoft public forum where we are just gamers like you trying to help others with basic problems; therefore, we are not employees of Microsoft and do not have access to accounts or personal information. If applicable, the best thing I can recommend is to contact a Microsoft employee through the following link:

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Perhaps they can help you make the transfer or clarify some doubts.

Best regards
    Jhon
  4. yobrizo Win User

ea access on two accounts

Hello. only the main account can benefit from the ten-hour trial. baul games both, but the ten hours only the main, sorry
  5. mutatorzz Win User

BF3 Online Pass

I can confirm that the an online pass is linked to your account, not console. In other words, for every one account, you need an online pass. Separate accounts on the same console still need their own individual online passes. Keep in mind that one online
    pass comes with a new copy of the game. You can purchase an online pass for BF3 from the BF3 main menu for 800 MSP.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Can't download Army of Two without having to pay

Trial codes don't change your account status to gold. You can download the Xbox One Games with Gold with a trial because a gold subscription is required to keep playing it for free, but a full gold subscription is required in order to download 360 Games
    with Gold games.
Thema:

1. Can i change the main account and keep the Game Pass trial - Similar Threads - change main account

2. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is impossible as i was just using it? ThankyouI changed...
  3. I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account as i wanted to put it on my main account but...: I changed my gamertag on a different account I've had for years and i wanted to put that gamertag on my main account (so I freed it up) but it says its not allowed for some reason but this is...
  4. I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my gamertag on a different account and i wanted to put it on my main account but...: Like did i just lose my gamertag forever because xbox makes no sense? 86137c99-ef6f-4a5b-9997-067b85c3aa6c
  5. I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change what microsoft account my main email is linked to: I have a microsoft account I don't use and a microsoft account I do use, however, the microsoft account I do use is on the email I don't use and the microsoft account I don't use is on the email I...
  6. my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...

in XBoX Accessibility
    my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used...: my email to my main account has randomly changed and i made a new one with the email i used before and now I don't have any of my purchases and can't access that account the account has changed...
  7. Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing the main email on Xbox account that belonged to my father who has passed away: I was wondering if it is possible to change the email that my Xbox account is under. I have had the account for over a decade and have more games purchased on it than I can remember. The email had...
  8. After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased

in XBoX Accessibility
    After changing my main Microsoft email, I lost access to some games I had purchased: The one I care about the most is Minecraft, I had both Java and Bedrock purchased on my account, and now I lost access to both. I haven't played them for a very long time, today I tried logging...
  9. I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've lost access to my main account after gamertag change: Split from this thread. I have the exact same thing. Made an account linked to one emailadress, then all of a sudden it logged me out and i had to add my profile again to xbox. I did with...
  10. How do I change my main email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change my main email?: So, I don't want to be rambling about the "rambler.ru" situation, but my account was changed to a random russian email, I think I got full control of the account back but this email is still the...