Can I change the email address for my xbox account?

Discus and support Can I change the email address for my xbox account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I've used my moms rail address for my xbox account as it was the default account on the xbox since I got an xbox one what must be almost 9 years... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ULStudent:CIAN.DEVINE, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Can I change the email address for my xbox account?

Hi,

I've used my moms rail address for my xbox account as it was the default account on the xbox since I got an xbox one what must be almost 9 years ago.

However Recently my mom had her email address hacked and was forced to delete it. Is there a way that I can change the default email address for my Microsoft account so that I dont lose all my game subscriptions, game progress or be locked out should I need the email address to sign in some time.

Thanks a million,

Cian.

:)

ULStudent:CIAN.DEVINE, Mar 30, 2023
  2. WPAK Win User

Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

Hi there,

the only thing you can change is the email address used to sign into a Microsoft Account (Xbox Live Account), this will only change the email address used to sign into the account. (It doesn't transfer the full Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft
    Account)

The steps to change the email address can be found here:
    https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Changing gamertags, will only result in a different gamertag, it does not change the account or take any save game progress with it.

Is the change sign-ing email address option what you seek or do you want to achieve something else?
  3. WPAK Win User

Merge two accounts?

Hi there,

you can't merge accounts itself or fully move the Xbox Live Account to a different Microsoft Account, but something that could work for you is changing the primary email address for the Microsoft Account.

My assumption what steps might be required are:

- Change the primary email on the New Unused Xbox Account account to something else (you might need a new MS account/email for that) so that the Wanted email address is no longer attached to a Microsoft Account.

- Change the primary email on the Old Xbox account to the new wanted email address, so that that Wanted email address can be used to sign in to the Xbox main account.

See this link for the full information on how to change the primary email address on a Microsoft Account

https://support.xbox.com/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

Let us know the results
  4. kucfer420 Win User

trouble with old xbox 360 profile

Thank you for your swift response!

However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
  5. XboxMom79 Win User

Xbox Family

Thank you is it possible to change the email address associated with the account? For example- the account is with my email address. Could i change it to my childs email address? Then create another account with my email address and add his account
    to the family?
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

HelloULStudent:CIAN.DEVINE, If you used your mother's email to play and it was hacked, the first thing to do is try to recover it using the link below, because unfortunately it is not possible to change the email if you have access to it.

Recover your account

https://account.live.com/acsr

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
Thema:

1. Can I change the email address for my xbox account? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email)

in XboX Insiders
    Wanting to change email address on my account. (Without deleting original email): Basically the title. I have had the same Xbox account since I was a kid which has always been under my dad’s email address. As I’m older now, I want to be able to take control of the...
  3. Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my Xbox email without deleting the primary email address?: I need to change my email on my Xbox account but don’t want to loose my primary Microsoft email 053829a5-9ba5-48c6-8c1f-fa57638635d6
  4. Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone manually change my email address that is linked to my xbox account?: Hey so I have a big problem. I had accidentally deleted my email account that is linked to my xbox account. I tried really hard to recover this account but I am truly unable to, and google is not...
  5. change email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    change email address: I no longer work at Audiology Systems and have no way of accessing emails sent to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. My xbox account is setup with this email...
  6. Change email address on profile?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change email address on profile?: My son has been using my email address for his Minecraft account now I want to transfer his profile over to his email.address so I can use my own email address for my new xbox account. Can anyone...
  7. Changing Email Address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Email Address: I am trying to change my "Account Alias" as it is an old college email that I no longer have access to. Under "add email" it does not give me the option to merge accounts: [img] I have my...
  8. Change email address on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Change email address on xbox: My ex husband has his xbox linked to my email account. I've changed my password for security & privacy reasons but he now can't access his xbox without me giving him my new password which I don't...
  9. Need to change secondary email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change secondary email address: I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to...
  10. How to change email address?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change email address?: I can't access my email account I originally used, and would like to change/update my account to my new email. But when I try to change it there is no option. How do I update my email address or...