Can I change the e-mail account I associate with my Gamertag?

Discus and support Can I change the e-mail account I associate with my Gamertag? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I made my Xbox Account when the 360 was first released and I made it with a e-mail address I don't use anymore. I want to sign in with a different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarvelousWalter, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Can I change the e-mail account I associate with my Gamertag?

I made my Xbox Account when the 360 was first released and I made it with a e-mail address I don't use anymore. I want to sign in with a different e-mail account but still use my same Gamertag. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

:)

MarvelousWalter, Jan 8, 2014
  2. E-mail Address Change

I no longer use my windows live email address, and haven't used it in years. I currently use a gmail address and have been looking for a way to associate my xbox live account with my gmail address. I haven't been able to find anything in the support pages.

As far as I can tell, I can only change my e-mail to another windows live e-mail.

If there is a way to connect my xbox-live account to my gmail account, please let me know.

ICANTSENDMYMESSAGE, Jan 8, 2014
  3. Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

So, I have already an Xbox Live user and my E-mail account I used to sign in Xbox Live is about to close. Can I use a different E-mail account to sign in Live with the same user?

It's important, because I have all my achievements/ plus friends in this user and I cannot try it out, because I have not created another E-mail account, yet.

Konstantinos89, Jan 8, 2014
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Daft Badger, Jan 8, 2014
  5. Thank you a lot!!! You're the man.

(Sorry for the bump)

MarvelousWalter, Jan 12, 2014
  6. I tried this and get error messages. When I first set up the e-mail to move it to (which was about 1.5 years ago), it got a whole new gamertag for some reason. So, I set up a brand new account with no gamertag in order to move the one associated with that
    e-mail to and 3rd e-mail so I could then move my gamertag to the e-mail I had set up 1.5 years ago. When I try to move that gamertag, I get an error saying it couldn't perform the operation right now and to check the support page I was already using for my
    instructions. Whats up with this and why won't it disassociate this random gamertag from the e-mail I want to have my real gamertag?

UnivalveMuffin5, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Edocsil 2020 Win User

microsoft gamertag not working

This does suggest Microsoft account is associated with the wrong email. What I would do is on the Xbox with the Gamertag you believe is the right one is check the E-mail address associated with it. A Gamertag is associated with a Microsoft Account but
    the E-mail address that is associated with a Microsoft Account\E-mail address can change. Hope that helps and makes sense.
  8. HassanB Win User

account email help

I'm a bit confused here.. How did you change the e-mail of an account that had another account already associated with it? Only 1 e-mail can be associated with 1 XBOX Live Gamertag. If a gamertag is permanently suspended I do not believe they offer any sort
    of e-mail changes or anything of the sort.
  9. HassanB Win User

Email Address

Hi,

You'll want to read the information listed here in order to make the e-mail change from
    one gamertag to another. If the e-mail that you wish to change it to has a Xbox LIVE account already associated with it, then you'd need to move that e-mail before you're able to make use of that e-mail on another account. This is because only 1 e-mail address
    can be associated with 1 gamertag/account.
  10. HassanB Win User

microsoft invented a gamertag with all of my info on it and I want it deleted NOW

Hi,

That gamertag you have is randomly generated. When you create a Microsoft Account and use any sort of Microsoft service (Zune/Music/Windows 8/Games for Windows Live/Outlook e-Mail, etc) you get a "gamertag" that's randomly created for you. This is something
    that can be changed one time for free within the first 30 days of it's creation.

It's not possible for you to have the gamertag without actually having some sort of service tied to a Microsoft Account (any of the above would do it) which I'm sure you've accessed sometime. When you use your e-mail to login to a site, you're using your Microsoft
    Account (e-mail/password) which will create a randomly generated gamertag if you don't already have one.

This is also not something that can be deleted. The only way you can remove the gamertag from your e-mail is if you change the e-mail associated with the gamertag that it's currently set to. You won't be able to delete an account that has a gamertag associated
    with it, that's never been possible to do. You can follow the directions
    here
    to change the e-mail associated with the gamertag if you don't wish for your e-mail to have
    a gamertag associated with it.
  11. Ry Fryy Win User

Changing Xbox Live Account to another email?

Is it possible to change the main e-mail address associated with my Live ID/gamertag if the e-mail address no longer exists? I did not log into the account for years and now it's gone, so I cannot check the e-mails I would receive for things like password
    changes.

And I would REALLY like to change my password, considering it's from 2008..
Thema:

1. Can I change the e-mail account I associate with my Gamertag? - Similar Threads - change mail account

2. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  3. isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    isn't it possible to change colors of my keyboard bc of my laptop version?: on my asus tuf dash F15 FX517zc laptop i couldn't choose colors for my keyboard bc there isn't any color in it and i couldn't connet my aura creator to it. isn't it possible to change colors of my...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  6. Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone hacked my real profile and changed e-mail (*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is my profile and some one hacked it and changed email and password so i can not login on other forums...
  7. I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got my xbox account hacked and they changed my mail and password... how do i get it back?: My account from xbox wich uses the same mail I'm using to post this got hacked and the hacker changed the mail and password from that account. So now I can't get in my account because it says It's...
  8. Change e-mail adress on Minecraft

in XBoX on Windows
    Change e-mail adress on Minecraft: Hi. so I recently saw a post from 3 years ago explaining how you can't change teh data in a Minecraft windows 10 version account. My question is if this is sadly teh same outcome for Minecraft:...
  9. My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...: I lost my Microsoft Account on Last week and i still haven't gotten back I tried to Reach Microsoft Support and I also Filled Account Recovery Form with the Peace of Information that I Had But...
  10. My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse...: My sons Microsoft Minecraft account hacked and email changed to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. Should be *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen...