Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account?

Discus and support Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I game share with my cousin and he pre-ordered the MWIII cross-gen bundle. I want to buy the vault edition upgrade that costs $30 but I don’t know... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by iDrop BeatZz, Nov 10, 2023.

1. iDrop BeatZz
    iDrop BeatZz Guest

Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account?

So I game share with my cousin and he pre-ordered the MWIII cross-gen bundle. I want to buy the vault edition upgrade that costs $30 but I don’t know if I’ll be able to purchase it because I don’t own the game on my account. And if I do buy it will I even be able to use the items it comes with because I don’t own the game, just game sharing it?

:)

iDrop BeatZz, Nov 10, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi IDrop B, my name is Daniel. I am an independent advisor who is willing to help you.

For me, it is an honor to write to you and try to help you in any way possible, for my part I will do my best to try to solve any questions/problems you are presenting.

From what I understand, you can't purchase the MWIII Vault Edition upgrade if you don't have the game on your account. And if you buy it, you may not be able to use the included items because you are only sharing the game.

If I'm wrong, a community member or moderator can correct me, but from what I understand, if you are not the owner of the account, you cannot do what you say.

If this information was useful to you, let me know and if you need more help I will be attentive to continue helping you.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

I only bought the vault upgrade from MW3 without MW3 just WZ and MW2 and I don't have the rewards.

Maybe what I did was something very dumb but I thought I can get the MW2 rewards like the zombie ghost and then the weapons in Battle royale later just by buying the vault upgrade. My question here is I need the full game to claim the upgrade or I need to wait or it was something else.
    You definitely need mw3. All you bought was the vault edition upgrade which is for people who already have the standard edition of mw3 and wanted to upgrade to the vault edition.

So without owning the standard edition of mw3 the vault edition upgrade is essentially useless to you.
  4. Stewart Squires Win User

I bought mw3 vault edition for my account and my partner bought the vault edition upgrade for her account her xbox series x is my home xbox so why is she not getting the vault edition items

So this is Activisions way of making more money by making family's buy the vault edition for each account I don't think the content with the vault edition is worth paying an extra $100 to get the base game again so can I refund the upgrade purchased? As it's not worth buying the base game for her account
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

So when I buy the vault edition upgrade does it come with the full game

no it does not, you have to buy the vault edition that contains the full game. the upgrade requires you already own it
  6. ngocphi Win User

If i cant access my dlc content from call of duty mw3 would i call Activision or is that a mircosoft end. Its for a friend.

If it is concerning vault upgrade (not the full vault edition)

You MUST BUY THE full game gamesharing won't work with vault upgeade you MUST OWN the base game digirally

If you have a disk vault wont work
Thema:

1. Can I buy the MWIII vault edition upgrade if I don’t own the game on my account? - Similar Threads - buy MWIII vault

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  4. How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?: I want to preorder the new college football game for my bf and seen there is a package deal with the deluxe version of that game and madden 25. I don’t play those games lol so I don’t know what...
  5. Will Microsoft buy Steam?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft buy Steam?: Hello Microsoft! I've known since last month that the company would be interested in buying Valve, which owns Steam, and this generated a lot of controversy, is this information true? Look what a...
  6. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  7. Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?: I really want to buy Elden ring, but I want to be able to play it on my pc and Xbox. Is there any way to be able to do that without buying 2 copies? submitted by /u/_Booker_DeWitt_ [link]...
  8. Do I have to buy a new Xbox or ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do I have to buy a new Xbox or ?: I was playing r6 and i got kicked out the game I was trying to sign back it and was saying you been ban from this Xbox console network like for no reason do I buy a new Xbox or is there another...
  9. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  10. I can't buy any games on microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't buy any games on microsoft: I am trying to buy minecraft and for some reason I can't buy it. It says my account doesn't have access to it. I have a similar problem when I try to play halo infinite because I can't access the...