Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...

Discus and support Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I would like to know if it is possible to backup Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console, to then later port all data and games from the Xbox One... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TaeganMoses, Jan 12, 2021.

1. TaeganMoses
    TaeganMoses Guest

Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like...

I would like to know if it is possible to backup Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One console, to then later port all data and games from the Xbox One console to the Xbox Series S, and be able to play my backed up (if possible) Xbox 360 games on the Xbox Series
    S?

I know I would be able to play Xbox 360 and Xbox One games from the disc, on the Xbox Series X, but that is out of my current price range. I would like more information before making a decision.

:)

TaeganMoses, Jan 12, 2021
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox One Compatibility with 360 Games

You can play any backward compatible 360 game on an Xbox One, provided you can either install it via disc like on the 360 (and the disc will need to be in the console in order to play the game), or you have purchased the 360 game digitally so you can download
    it to the console.

If you purchased the all digital Xbox One S, you will need to purchase any 360 games digitally (even if you already own them on disc) in order to play them on that particular console.
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like you can do with Xbox One games to the Xbox One console?

unless you own the digital version of thwe game then the disc must be in the drive to authenticate ownership, so with the series s you will be unable to play xbox 360 games from disc.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

From what I understand, Xbox One games are always Blu-Ray discs...so, if the games are XBox One games, then it sounds like it's an issue with the discs themselves if the console will play a Blu-Ray movie without issue.

If the discs are Xbox 360 discs (DVD discs), then it sounds like the Laser diode thing is faulty if non-game DVDs sometimes have issues
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Backward compatibility download size and number of times required to download it

Hi,

The Xbox One can't read and run the data directly from BC 360 game discs. The games don't run from the discs like they would on a 360 console.

When Microsoft made these games BC, it took the original games, and without getting into all the technical details, reverse engineered and repackaged them as a digital downloads so that the Xbox One can play them. This is why as Smwutches as already stated,
    there is an 'Update' when you insert a BC disc 360 game into your console. This isn't an update, it's actually the digital version of the game.

This is why your 360 game 'updates' are around the 8-16 GB sizes. Still comparatively small compared to the average Xbox One digital game download.

The BC system for 360 games on the Series X will have to work the same as there is no other way to do it.

However, the Series X is architecturally similar to the Xbox One, so Xbox One games will install and play on Series X just as they do an on an Xbox One console.
  6. BeardMiller Win User

I have a question about Gamesaves

What about disc games because I only have a couple digital games the rest are on disc and samething for the Xbox 360 Games also
    All saves no matter what type digital/disc or even 360 are all cloud. Just make sure you are connected to the internet so it can back them up. You can force a backup in settings.

Also this may help: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/back-up-your-settings
Thema:

1. Can I backup Xbox 360 games to the Xbox One console, and play them without the disc, like... - Similar Threads - backup 360 games

2. Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific...: Can a normal home inverter be used for xbox series x power backup as ps5 uses specific sinus wave inverter for the backup c98c1f89-569d-494c-8d8f-1072e12bb841
  3. Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to play backup videos, from the Movies and TV app, on an Xbox Series X?: Hello, so am running into an issue and I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix. So I bought a TV series on the Movies & TV app, and it works correctly while streaming it on either my PC or Xbox...
  4. can we recover world in minecraft without backup

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can we recover world in minecraft without backup: can we recover world in minecraft without backup in mobile f42d0ccf-f680-4e77-b7cc-641cf2019a5b
  5. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  6. Respaldo de Progreso XBOX 360 -> ONE[XBOX 360 Progress Backup -> ONE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Respaldo de Progreso XBOX 360 -> ONE[XBOX 360 Progress Backup -> ONE]: Buen día comunidad, tengo la siguiente situación: yo tenia una Xbox 360 en la cual, el progreso de mis juegos se guardaba en un disco duro externo. Tiempo después compre una Xbox ONE y pensé que...
  7. Backup system from xbox 360 to xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Backup system from xbox 360 to xbox one: Hello, I changed console to switch from xbox 360 to xbox one. I had a backup of the games just cause 2 on my xbox 360, so I activate the cloud on my same xbox 360 account on xbox one but I still...
  8. FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FAUX BACKUP COMPATIBILITY - Does Microsoft have any plans to enhance playing Xbox 360 through ...: We have the ability to connect the 360 to the HDMI input on the Xbox One and see it under TV menu but the Xbox One controller doesn't work. A 360 controller still has to be used. It seems that...
  9. How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I backup an Xbox 360 game save from USB stick to computer?: Can anyone tell me how I transfer (backup) my gamesave to a computer. I've tried to search online how to copy my save to a computer but so far unsuccessful. I have simply copied and pasted the...
  10. Backup Copies of XBox 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Backup Copies of XBox 360 games: I am unaware of copyright rules for Xbox games. I am wondering if it is legal to make an iso copy of Xbox 360 games. If not what advice do you offer for this type of service. If it is illegal to...