Can I add a device to my account without sharing my username and password?

Discus and support Can I add a device to my account without sharing my username and password? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son just got an xbox at his dad's and he wants to set it up using the same profile as he uses here. So he wants the username and password for my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DamagePlan1, Dec 4, 2021.

1. DamagePlan1
    DamagePlan1 Guest

My son just got an xbox at his dad's and he wants to set it up using the same profile as he uses here. So he wants the username and password for my (our) Microsoft account. I don't necessarily want my ex to have access to my account though. And I feel like he should pay for his own "xbox live gold" and "ea sports play" subscriptions each month. I don't want my kid to have to start over with a new account-he has progress on games (primarily fortnite and minecraft) and an extensive friends list. Can I allow the new xbox access without providing my password and information?

:)

DamagePlan1, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

I apologize but that will not be possible. Microsoft credentials are required. I would recommend setting up two-step verification in that way you can make sure that it'll only be signed in on the Xbox console.

To set up a two-step verification you can sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/security > Advanced security options.
  3. Richard Kerslake Win User

Unable to install gaming services on Windows 11 - Error code 0x80070490

Unfortunately this did not work either. Please can you confirm whether after selecting "Add a user without a Microsoft account" I should be completing the Username / Password for a new user, or just moving to the next steps indicated without filling this in.
  4. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

Why are you in support of more restrictions?

At IceStorm - i appreciate the response.

-

But even i know the terms and conditions concerning password sharing, But according to their own news, you can go round to a friends, log in under your username and play the game from there.

-

Sounds silly to me, but that would advocate the sharing of passwords, as you would only need to look at the screen or save his username out as a profile on your machine.

-

Bosh, you have his profile, username, password and all of his installed games, to play at your pleasure without having purchased a single one. Microsoft and any other company would not allow that
  5. PKocsis75 Win User

Sign in name

Hi Courtney,

yes this sums it up. As far as I remember when I used my username(without @hotmail.com) it took me to my MS account directly like I logged in with the full email address.

Now it seems this username got linked or duplicated. This happened today as I tried to recover my account after I got locked out. What strange is that the 2 account is having 2 different passwords? :)

Yes, I meant empty is like no Xbox infos, devices, subscriptions etc.

I hope this helps but if you say nothing to worry about thats fine.
  6. lilwaffle Win User

Gamertag

Hello~ My name is Joe And I'm here to help You! Mainly The reason it would Change is Because Your Username was Inappropriate And Another user Reported it And Xbox live Has changed your gamer tag. The second Reason Is Someone Is on Your account And They changed your username Without your consent I would Recommend Resetting your password And Filing a report on the phone and See If Microsoft can do anything For you :)
    My username wasnt Inappropriate and yea i changed my password and what do you mean filling a report on the phone?
Thema:

1. Can I add a device to my account without sharing my username and password? - Similar Threads - add device account

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  5. hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want

in XboX Insiders
    hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want: Chcete byť priateľmi s používateľom Stephan#2447 v Xboxe? Kliknite na prepojenie. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/25MnYsitWA submitted by /u/Stephan-14 [link] [comments]
  6. How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I add a friend on Xbox when I’m on nintento switch: How do I become friends online with a Xbox player if I’m on Nintendo switch? f1253c34-1267-4ed1-b5d3-6ebe6c62f346
  7. How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund if I brought a add on by mistake: REFUND Add one autobahn police sim 3 off road I payed £10.74 for it and I would like a refund please 21731e6c-e26a-4ade-babc-21f78a422156
  8. why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why when i connect my new wired gaming headsets it doesnt add the device or add the name,...: when i connect my new gaming headset it doesn't has its own name to it or separate it from the windows default sound device it always goes to the windows default one and runs by that instead of...
  9. Will y'all ever add Genshin Impact to xbox one or any xbox device?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will y'all ever add Genshin Impact to xbox one or any xbox device?: I really want genshin impact added i feel like sometimes we dont get a lot of love when it comes to games getting added and, i think it would bring a lot of people to xbox and it will make people...
  10. Can’t add Xbox to my devices

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t add Xbox to my devices: Hello everyone I recently purchased an Xbox series x halo edition. For some reason I can’t add the device to my devices in my Microsoft account. When I try it says “Try again later... We can't...