Can hear but can’t talk through headset

Discus and support Can hear but can’t talk through headset in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I haven’t been able to talk to anyone through my headset but I could still hear out of the headset I even bought a new headset but nothing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NubbyDoomz, Aug 25, 2022.

1. NubbyDoomz
    NubbyDoomz Guest

Recently I haven’t been able to talk to anyone through my headset but I could still hear out of the headset I even bought a new headset but nothing changed and I still can’t talk to people can you please help me Microsoft?

:)

NubbyDoomz, Aug 25, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great despite the issue you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Check that your privacy settings allow communication with everyone. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox Live privacy. Select View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer, and then make your changes.

If everything is on "Allow" or set to "Everyone" kindly block all of them then power cycle your console and "Allow" and set it to "Everyone" again. This is to refresh your account setting.

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

Also, kindly try using a different controller or update your controller.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Can hear through headset but can’t talk

Hi JeffreysGOLD, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, run the audio setup tool.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.

Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound
  4. trent childress Win User

Anyone have it where the mic connects but can’t talk out of it how do you fix that

I’m using a LVL50 pdp gaming headset for Xbox and I can hear but I can’t talk
  5. trent childress Win User

Anyone have it where the mic connects but can’t talk out of it how do you fix that

I have a wireless mic that I can hear but can’t talk through and then I have a mic that I plug in and. I can talk through that so why can’t I talk through my wireless mic
  6. KhajiBower34 Win User

I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

Hello Gabe R, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today

Check the microphone connection: Make sure the microphone cable is properly connected to your Turtle Beach Stealth 600 headset. Sometimes a loose or improperly connected cable can cause problems with the microphone.

Adjust your microphone settings on your Xbox: Go to your Xbox console settings and check your microphone settings. Make sure the microphone is selected as the audio input source in the audio device settings.

Check your privacy settings: Go to your Xbox's privacy settings and make sure voice chat restrictions aren't blocking microphone use.

Update device drivers: Visit the Turtle Beach website to make sure you have the latest version of drivers installed for your headset. Sometimes updates can fix microphone malfunctions.

Check if the microphone is muted: Some headphones have a mute button on the microphone or on the headphones themselves. Make sure the microphone is not muted.

Test on another device: If possible, test your headset on another device (such as a mobile phone or computer) to determine if the issue is specifically related to the Xbox or if it is a general issue with the headset.

Restart your headset and Xbox console: Turn your headset off and on again. Also try restarting your Xbox to see if this fixes the problem.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
Thema:

1. Can hear but can’t talk through headset - Similar Threads - hear can’t talk

2. I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t hear friends or talk in Discord from my Xbox One S: I was using Discord on a regular basis. One day I accidentally switched to game chat but when I switched back to Discord chat, I could no longer hear other people in the party, and I could not be...
  3. I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t talk in party’s but I can still hear other people, how do I fix this?: So I ran into a very specific issue with my party chat. So the initial issue was that when my console lost power via moving it or power going out etc when the console was turned back on it would...
  4. Can’t hear or talk in game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t hear or talk in game chat: I’ve been playing the warzone 3 for a few days now no matter if I’m playing with my friends or solo I can’t talk or hear any proxy chat (which I don’t care about). I’ve tried using a different...
  5. I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear things through my headset but can’t talk.: So i have the turtle beach stealth 600 headset (bluetooth) and i can hear through it perfectly fine. I can hear game audio and other people and even videos and movies and things like that but my...
  6. I can’t talk or hear people on any in game chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can’t talk or hear people on any in game chat?: I can see people talking on every game I’ve played. I can’t hear them and they can’t hear me. Is there way to check if I have a communication ban or something? 8f13a0ef-0f92-434e-b8af-b84da0ba3e49
  7. I can hear but I can’t talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but I can’t talk: I recently bought a new headset and I’ve frustrated while trying to figure out the problem I can hear my friends but every time I talk they can’t hear me I’ve done everything that YouTube TikTok...
  8. Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat: Why can’t I talk in open party when playing cod fd172688-94e9-4255-9f40-4246156161f5
  9. Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I talk in open mic but I can hear fine I’ve turned on open party chat: Why can’t I talk in open party when playing cod fd172688-94e9-4255-9f40-4246156161f5
  10. Can’t talk but can hear everything

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t talk but can hear everything: About like a week ago my mic started having problems and wouldn’t let me talk but I could hear everyone in the party.the mic is not the problem because it works on my computer.in the party it...