can games bought on Gmail, be used on hotmail account

Discus and support can games bought on Gmail, be used on hotmail account in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi Friends, When I bought Xbox One console, I mapped my gmail account (say, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) to it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by APRP, Oct 15, 2018.

1. APRP
    APRP Guest

Hi Friends,

When I bought Xbox One console, I mapped my gmail account (say, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***) to it and bought various games on digital mode. Now I have bought a Windows 10 laptop which "asked" me to create and map a new hotmail account (say, *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***). Since I had no
    option but to go through hotmail account for laptop, I created the profile in hotmail.

Now, since the accounts are different, my windows (laptop) is not reading / streaming/ mapping to XBOX One console and hence the games.

My query request is - can I, somehow (by requesting microsoft / xbox team), use the games bought on XBOX One Console (gmail) ,for my laptop (Windows + Hotmail)?

Right now I am playing WOT Blitz on Windows, though wanted to play WOT on console by expending / investing money to buy tanks / currencies. I do not want to get stuck with only one mode (console / Laptop) when money spent / currency bought.

In case I can't, I would stick with console and will not spend money on games to be played through laptop - console is far better experience than laptop that I have.

I would request for a response / guidance here.

:)

2. Question about Gmail account and xbox

i made my xbox live account using a gmail account and i went through the process of verifying the email. my question is why did it make a hotmail profile for me i wanted everything to go through gmail. if i go to hotmail and sign in using my gmail it brings
    me to a hotmail profile saying do you want to start getting you emails form your gmail. just a little confused as to why it automatically makes a profile for you why cant i just go through gmail i can sign in with the gmail ?

A Hundred Lions, Oct 15, 2018
  3. HassanB
    HassanB Guest
    Question about Gmail account and xbox

Hi,

Every Microsoft Account automatically get's that same interface. You can make an account with @anyemailaddress.anything and it would still display that same Hotmail like page when you login to it. It's just letting you know that it can import your mail from
    Gmail or any other provider straight into Hotmail.

Signing into the account on Gmail will sign you into your e-mail inbox and you can proceed normally, signing into your Xbox.com account and then going to Hotmail.com will automatically transfer you to the Hotmail.com interface but your gmail e-mail's won't
    be displayed there unless you actually import them.

It's simply there because Gmail is a Google service, and Hotmail is a Microsoft service. Anything to do with a Microsoft Account is automatically paired with a sudo Hotmail account. You don't actually have to use that Hotmail at all, it's simply there. You'll
    still receive all of your mail at your Gmail address in regards to Xbox.

HassanB, Oct 15, 2018
  4. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest

You may want to try signing onto Windows 10 with your existing Gmail-based Microsoft account, as if you were a second user. You can sign on with that account instead of attempting to transfer contents (which is not allowed).

RandyAU93, Oct 15, 2018
  5. Spot on, I use a gmail account for everything, Xbox, Windows 10 and Windows phone (still clinging onto my phone) it all depends if you want everything to link together.

Njal the Blue, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: