Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline?

Discus and support Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy all, Not sure if this is a issue or not, but it's in regard to offline. A friend of mine asked if this game could be played offline, as they... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dr IvoRobotnik1, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline?

Howdy all,

Not sure if this is a issue or not, but it's in regard to offline.

A friend of mine asked if this game could be played offline, as they was considering buying a X1 + DR3. I decided to try it myself to make sure first. I did inform them of the day one update which was required to use X1. They planned to bring it to
    my place to get the update before taking it home with them.

So I logged out and made sure it didn't automatically sign me in, I then turned my X1 off and disconnected my LAN cable before turning back on. I inserted my DR3 game disk then started the game. (I already had the game fully installed with all updates,
    apart from this new 13GB one.)

The game started to load up to the Title Screen (not the Menu Screen) where it promote you to press the A button. I pressed A and it will ask me to Sign In or Cancel, (As my friend wouldn't have the X1 connected to the internet.) So I press the Cancel
    option, this would take me back to the Title Screen, pressing A again will only bring the Sign In message again. There was no way past the Title Screen unless you log on. I even went into the setting and set my X1 as My Home Xbox, which didn't work.

I know this game uses the X1 Cloud Servers and thought that was the reason, I've been playing this game alot and found, sometimes the game can fail to connect to the Cloud Server. This would give me two options Retry or play Offline. So the first time
    this happened I tried the Offline option, this took me to the Menu Screen and I was able to play the game without any issue.

I did some research online and found no one has mentioned this, and if anyone asked if the game required a internet connection all replies was No.

So I thought I bring it up in case it was an unknown issue or if it was an issue at all, and if it something Capcom could fix or if it a problem for Microsoft.

I have DR3 Day One Edition (Disk) Version of the game, the only other games I have are Fifa 14 full game (digital) and Killer Instict demo (digital). I found I was able to play both Fifa 14 and Killer Instict offline, tho I had to be online the first
    and only time to play Fifa 14. (Both Fifa and KI brought the message to Sign In or Cancel, however clicking Cancel would allow you to play the game)

So can't say if this only happens with disk version of this game or if it also happens with the digital version too, or if it a issue with some or all disk games on X1.

Anyway sorry for the long post xD thought it better to explain it then sum it up in one word.

:)

Dr IvoRobotnik1, Jan 21, 2014
  2. Dead Rising 3 Won't Load Problem

I played DR3 yesterday with no problems. Today it goes to the splash screen and appears to load but then kicks me back to the Xbox One home screen. I ejected and cleaned the disk. There are no visible scratches or smudges. I never ejected the disk after
    the last time I played yesterday. The only thing I did different that I can tell was that I installed the Blu Ray player app. COD Ghosts plays just fine. I tried the hard reset (hold the Xbox One power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds).
    Now DR3 loads just fine. I hope this helps others! Good luck!

FrostedSquirrel, Jan 21, 2014
  3. iLL SkiLL MN
    iLL SkiLL MN Guest
    Game recommendation pleaseCan DR3 or any disk game be played offline? :)

Between these 3: DR3 Forza 5 and Fifa 14 (haven't played any previous games before for any of them) would you recommend?

iLL SkiLL MN, Jan 21, 2014
  4. Bazajaytee
    Bazajaytee Guest

After getting the day one update for the console itself, yes the games you buy on disc or via download can be played offline. As long as the account that bought the digital game is on the console too (for disc versions of games it will just work).

You will need to "Sign In" though. Even though your console is offline, it requires your account is "signed in" meaning it is active. Otherwise the game(s) don't know who to assign save files to. When you got the option to Sign In or Cancel, select Sign
    In and away you go, even without the Internet connection.

Bazajaytee, Jan 21, 2014
  5. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Dead Rising 3 just released a 13gb update patch, so I would keep it connected until that downloads.

CMUchippewa, Jan 21, 2014
  6. Also, I reccommend your friend get internet if he plans on gaming in the 21st century

Feral Boar 66, Jan 22, 2014
  7. CMUchippewa
    CMUchippewa Guest
    Yeah, nowadays, games are mostly focused on multiplayer, which leaves single-player modes bare bones.

CMUchippewa, Nov 1, 2018
  8. Bazajaytee Win User

After getting the day one update for the console itself, yes the games you buy on disc or via download can be played offline. As long as the account that bought the digital game is on the console too (for disc versions of games it will just work).

You will need to "Sign In" though. Even though your console is offline, it requires your account is "signed in" meaning it is active. Otherwise the game(s) don't know who to assign save files to. When you got the option to Sign In or Cancel, select Sign
    In and away you go, even without the Internet connection.
  9. CMUchippewa Win User

Dead Rising 3 just released a 13gb update patch, so I would keep it connected until that downloads.
  10. Feral Boar 66 Win User

Also, I reccommend your friend get internet if he plans on gaming in the 21st century
  11. CMUchippewa Win User

Yeah, nowadays, games are mostly focused on multiplayer, which leaves single-player modes bare bones.
  12. DIMAP71 Win User

fyi Dead Rising 3 update 13GB mandatory

Will the update download in standby if DR3 disk is not in?
Thema:

1. Can DR3 or any disk game be played offline? - Similar Threads - DR3 disk game

2. DR3 all weapons and clothes plz.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DR3 all weapons and clothes plz.: Hello, would anyone be willing to host a game where they have all combo weapons and clothes so I could save them plz.? Tyvm a56ef457-1b47-423c-83fd-45b048ff030b
  3. Still having problems with DR3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still having problems with DR3: Still having problems with game breaking bugs, Capcom FB is useless aswell, straight up ignoring me now. So frustrated. Don't even want to go into details of the problem because of the amount of...
  4. DR3 ARCADE PARTY ISSUES JOINING LOBBYS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DR3 ARCADE PARTY ISSUES JOINING LOBBYS: ive been trying to get a 4 player party into a lobby but really cant seem to do it has anyone out actually managed it and if so how ff70b26d-d526-4a02-8c9f-5d0358016516
  5. DR3 Remix looking for co-op partners.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DR3 Remix looking for co-op partners.: My friend and I are looking for anyone who is interested in playing the new remix DLC. Send a message or add me if interested. GT: e5d3f4b7-9008-44df-bc4b-51d5ea1e3ec1
  6. BF4 and DR3 - People to play with

in XBoX Games and Apps
    BF4 and DR3 - People to play with: I'm looking for people to play Battlefield 4 with in a squad. I have maxed out **** kit and working on Engineer so I can play either. On Dead Rising 3 looking for someone to do missions with and...
  7. DR3 Completely unplayable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DR3 Completely unplayable: When I bought DR3 originally it worked fine, but about a few months ago it started playing up. To start with walls would turn invisible, objects would float in the air AI would stop working, then...
  8. DR3 season pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DR3 season pass: is it worth the extra money for the 4 missions ? please explain how much playtime does it add ec5f0ad3-3e48-470a-871e-dc9ca3e2ff8e
  9. Can't redownload my DR3 Premium edition and it's asking me to pay $89.99 again!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't redownload my DR3 Premium edition and it's asking me to pay $89.99 again!!: Hi I purchased the day one edition on release and had to replace my xbox today due to a fan issue, all of my other games were ready to redownload when I set my new xbox up except DR3. So I went...
  10. Long loading and freezing. DR3 and BF4 did i waste my money?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Long loading and freezing. DR3 and BF4 did i waste my money?: Hello, I recently got the xbone with deadrising 3 and battlefield 4. When i die on dr3 it just loads and loads until about 15 minutes go by and i just say f it and shut it off. I downloaded a...