Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf?

Discus and support Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A number of weeks ago, Crusader Kings 3 began not launching at launch for me and several other issues. Several users have tentatively identified... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eliminator n36, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf?

A number of weeks ago, Crusader Kings 3 began not launching at launch for me and several other issues. Several users have tentatively identified corrupted cloud saves as the cause, but we have no control over them on our end. Paradox support has also indicated this is likely the issue, and they can do nothing about them either. Could those saves be deleted on our behalf, or could we be given access to them? A workaround given to another person having the issue from your support is outlined below, but needs to be repeated every time to work, which clearly isn't ideal

1. Reinstall the game
    2. Disconnect from internet
    3. Go to the MS Store app
      1. Go to settings (by clicking on your profile icon)
      2. Make sure offline permissions is turned ON
    4. Go to Windows 11 settings
      1. Installed Apps
      2. Advanced Options from CK3
      3. Reset Game
    5. Launch the game and start playing
    6. Go back online > game should ask you to use local or cloud save
    7. Select local save

:)

eliminator n36, Jul 1, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community.

I will be glad to help you.

Unfortunately on PC it is not possible to manage this data, if the game saves the progress in the cloud and not locally, as it can be the case of Minecraft, it is not possible to delete them from the profile, this option is only available for games from Xbox consoles.

Best Regards.
  3. Janet_C Win User

I understand, what you mention would be solved by deleting all records from the cloud, however this is not possible from PC, only from a console.
  4. eliminator n36 Win User

Thanks for the reply Janet.

I believe the game does save both locally and to the cloud, which is why the mentioned workaround works, but the synchronisaion to the cloud saves is what is causing the game to fail to launch. This is why the process needs to be repeated befoe launch every time, as the game auto-synchs to the cloud saves as soon as you connect to the internet
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

My nba 2k20 file was corrupted

If it is corrupted on the local machine you can try removing that save and syncing to the cloud. However if the cloud save is also corrupted there is nothing that can be done.
  6. ianbann82 Win User

Graveyard.sav

might be a good idea to put a copy of our saved games in the cloud? this should protect your file if your main save becomes corrupted you could just delete it and load in the cloud save
Thema:

1. Can corrupted Cloud saves be removed on our behalf? - Similar Threads - corrupted Cloud saves

2. Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way to restore a cloud save for a game that is corrupted?: Hi noted my game file was corrupted after a patch update. Is there a way for me to retrieve an old cloud save for xbox PC? Game in question is Remnant 2 f6557681-f382-49da-9624-931e9e78e9a2
  3. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  4. Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with corrupt cloud saves with series x: So this has happened twice now with dramatically different total game play times. On this latest occurrence, I had around 40 hours of game play and progress. Played Fallout 4 last night, finished...
  5. Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Corrupt cloud saves overwrite local saves, any way to fix?: Yesterday I played Final Fantasy XV on my PC. I shut down my PC soon after I closed the game so the saves were probably not properly synced to cloud. I returned home and tried to play FFXV on my...
  6. Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to manually delete a corrupt cloud save for a game which does not support...: For a year now, I have been unable to play Shenmue due to my cloud save being corrupt. The game only supports cloud saves, in offline mode, the game has no option to save. As a result of this,...
  7. Crysis not loading save data/ corrupt cloud data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crysis not loading save data/ corrupt cloud data?: hey, I’ve been trying to play crysis on xbox one x. The game will boot up, however on the options menu, when you click continue game, it will not respond, the screen will flicker and remain on the...
  8. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...
  9. Corrupt Cloud save game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupt Cloud save game: Recently picked up some new packs for my kid's Lego Dimensions and the game first had to perform and update to include the Wave 2 game packs. Once complete, we tried to load our save game from...
  10. Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save sync errors and corrupt game saves, Fallout 4, How to turn off cloud game saves on ...: Hello Due to the release of fallout 4 I finally decided to upgrade my 360 to an xbox one. I have played the console probably three times each time there has been a problem with my game saves. I...