Can control TV with voice and smartglass app but not with Logitech remote?

Discus and support Can control TV with voice and smartglass app but not with Logitech remote? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Somebody make sense of this for me... I use the IR emitter port as my Xbox is in a cabinet. I can pause, rewind etc 100% accurately when using the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by pdawg17, Jul 31, 2014.

1. pdawg17
    pdawg17 Guest

Somebody make sense of this for me...

I use the IR emitter port as my Xbox is in a cabinet. I can pause, rewind etc 100% accurately when using the Smartglass app or by voice but when I use my Harmony 890 the Xbox overlay will come up every time (meaning it recognized the remote command) but
    the DVR (Directv Genie) does not do it. If I keep hitting the button on the remote it will eventually do it but only 5% of the time...

So what doesn't make sense is when I use the app or voice the commands are being sent over by IR emitter fine but when it gets sent by remote the Xbox is recognizing the command (overlay pops up) but the command isn't getting to the Genie...

:)

pdawg17, Jul 31, 2014
  2. FarazGafoor
    FarazGafoor Guest
    Can I connect Xbox One directly to a sound bar?

I have a Vizio soundbar connected to my TV. I ran the Audio Receiver Setup on the Xbox One and now the X1 powers on/off the soundbar along with my entire TV/DVR system.

As for volume control, if you've ran the Audio Receiver Setup then you can control the Soundbar via either voice commands or the Xbox One Smartglass App (the volume controls on Smartglass will no longer control the TV volume, however, as they'll become dedicated
    to the soundbar--I presume the same may be me true for voice commands).

FarazGafoor, Jul 31, 2014
  3. Kinect not controlling volume or power on Insignia Receiver

I checked my Xbox One today and it's all working now - I can control volume up/down with both the smartglass app and with the voice commands.

Scott Osborne, Jul 31, 2014
  4. Randver Win User

Universal Remote for XB1, Samsung TV, Virgin Media (TiVO) Bose Solo Soundbar & Apple TV??

Kinect and Smartglass aren't universal remotes.

I have 4 consoles, a cable box, a Roku, surround sound system and TV in my entertainment center. Logitech Harmony remotes will control up to 15 platforms at a time, the Kinect and Smartglass are useless beyond the One and anything hooked directly into it.
  5. BobMcFly247 Win User

Correct remote code, but remote doesn't work

I think thats a little misunderstanding. The One can not react on the remote commands from your cable or tv remotes at all.

The One is able to send these remote commands itself and act as a remote control that way. So you are able to use smartglass as universal remote to control your devices via the One or use voice commands to do the same with the kinect. But you cannot use
    your remotes to do anything on the One.

Of course you can use your remote controls to send commands to the respective device even if the One is configured to control them. It's more like you can choose to control your TV and cable box with the One (with Kinect, Smartglass or controller ) AND/OR
    your usual remotes.
  6. Echo4Ent Win User

Xbox 360 help

Smartglass for the 360 is no longer available, it has been discontinued.

Peel works well, and there are several other Google Play remote apps that will work. There is also an official Xbox 360 Media Remote that outlets like Amazon or Gamestop may still carry.

Logitech Harmony remotes can also control a 360, so there are a few options available.

Good Luck!
  7. Zavier M Win User

Xbox one media remote does not control Volume

I am having the same issue. I can control my volume via voice and smartglass but not the media remote.
  8. Xenokai Win User

Accessory Request: Xbox One Media Remote

I think they want us to use smartglass as our remotes or voice controls.
Thema:

1. Can control TV with voice and smartglass app but not with Logitech remote? - Similar Threads - control voice smartglass

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  9. My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Xbox series x controller won’t produce game sound and only voice chat: Was starting up my new Xbox today and I set it all up, I get to talking with my mate in the voice chat and that’s all fine but when I go to play my game there’s no game sound and when I try...
  10. how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can voice be used to control a pc video game like arma 3 and give orders to command...: I am looking for help with the voice program. Information regarding whether or not l can use this program to interact with a popular pc video game. the title is Arma 3 and their are many mods that...