Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one?

Discus and support Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have many games on my 360 that I enjoy playing that have been license transferred to me. A few games have recently become backwards compatible that I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SkaterFisher173, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one?

I have many games on my 360 that I enjoy playing that have been license transferred to me. A few games have recently become backwards compatible that I want to transfer onto my xbox one, but those games have been license transferred. Is there a way that
    I can get the games from my 360, that I license transferred, onto my xbox one?

:)

SkaterFisher173, Sep 2, 2018
  2. License transfer didn't work?

Did you actually select and perform the
    license transfer
    or did you just move the content? If you merely moved the content, the console licenses were not transferred, which would explain why you still need to be connected to LIVE in order to use the content.

HyruleBalverine, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Can I transfer my profile license for the DLC I bought?

Unfortunately the only way to do it is to purchase it with the account you want it on. Licenses can't be transferred between profiles, only consoles.

Here are the details direct from the support site on the subject.
    support.xbox.com/.../download-content

The Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.

I hope this helps.

Mistress Sara, Sep 2, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. Only games you have actually purchased on your account can transfer.

Smwutches, Sep 2, 2018
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Because you don't own them.

Smwutches, Sep 2, 2018
  6. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    SkaterFisher173,

When you do a license transfer. You transfer the license directly to the Xbox 360 storage unit. The licenses you have on your profile are the ones that will move over to your Xbox one. The licenses you transferred are NOT on your profile. You will only be
    able to use those on your 360 console. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    FAQ license transfers

XBF Aaron G, Nov 3, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

No. Only games you have actually purchased on your account can transfer.
  8. XBF Aaron G Win User

SkaterFisher173,

When you do a license transfer. You transfer the license directly to the Xbox 360 storage unit. The licenses you have on your profile are the ones that will move over to your Xbox one. The licenses you transferred are NOT on your profile. You will only be
    able to use those on your 360 console. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    FAQ license transfers
  9. Smwutches Win User

Because you don't own them.
  10. Spl0inker Win User

Transfer one account to another

Actually you can genious pay attention to the last line:

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

•To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.
  11. Galactic Geek Win User

videos on 360 move to xbox one

I looked it up; in regards to the Xbox 360 only:

[quote user="Xbox Live Support"]

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see
    Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile

To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see
    Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another
    ?

[/quote]

Here's the link (you may have to scroll down a bit):
    Xbox Live Support
Thema:

1. Can content that has been license transferred through 360 be moved to xbox one? - Similar Threads - content has been

2. When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to make group post it says that it has inappropriate content and I can't find...: When I try to make a group post for Minecraft it says, "Let's keep it clean - remove inappropriate content, then try posting again." I can't find out what it is that makes my post inappropriate....
  3. Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...: So I’ve been wanting get the Sims Dlc werewolves for a while now, but I just can’t seem to catch it on sale. I’ve even bought other content that would randomly go on sale multiple times. thinking...
  4. Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game said new downloadable content has been downloaded and either go to main menu or return...: Playing on Xbox it says new downloaded content has been downloaded either go to main menu or return to game screen is frozen rebooted Xbox still goes back the same screen can't do anything help...
  5. "A device containing required content has been removed" error. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "A device containing required content has been removed" error. Please help!: The game in question is Watch_Dogs. The last time I played it was on my old Xbox 360 that has now been replaced with a new one and it was working fine. Now I install Disc 1 and Disc 2 on my hard...
  6. The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The HD content protection of your repeater has been compromised.: Hive mind, I submit the following for your edification. I don't have all the specific model numbers available right now, but I can get it later. I just received an HD set top box from my provider...
  7. i ENTERED CODES FOR PAYDAY 2 SAFECRACKER AND NO CONTENT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i ENTERED CODES FOR PAYDAY 2 SAFECRACKER AND NO CONTENT HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME: I GOT PAYDAY 2 SAFECRACKER YESTERDAY AND ENTERED THE THREE CODES FOR THE ARMORED TRANSPORT, GAGE PACK 1 & GAGE PACK 2 BUT NO CONTENT WAS ADDED TO MY GAME. I HAVE HAD THIS XBOX 360 FOR YEARS WITH...
  8. Downloaded Digital Version getting content has been removed error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloaded Digital Version getting content has been removed error: I downloaded advanced yesterday and loaded it when i got home from work and at the main screen it told me some content has been removed. Any ideas? Im not 100% sure but it may or may not of been...
  9. Sting has been officially announced as the special DLC content for the game this year...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sting has been officially announced as the special DLC content for the game this year...: If you watched Raw on 7-14-14 you saw that Sting was officially announced as part of the WWE 2K15 video game, as exclusive DLC content, and it will be two versions, his bleach blonde look, and the...
  10. A device containing required content has been removed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A device containing required content has been removed: I usually get this message at random times and i was wondering on how can i fix this problem? dc6f5b65-c55c-4edc-9d13-2e509e9cad90