Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC

Discus and support Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; All other games in Xbox Game bar are launching without issue. However whenever we try to launch Roblox it keeps coming up with an error code which I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Fleur Wallis, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Fleur Wallis
    Fleur Wallis Guest

Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC

All other games in Xbox Game bar are launching without issue. However whenever we try to launch Roblox it keeps coming up with an error code which I can't seem to find any information out about. Does anyone know what this code means 0x8027025b

:)

Fleur Wallis, Dec 17, 2023
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Fleur, my name is Jhon and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Follow the steps one by one to resolve the issue.

Solution 1 – Fix Gaming Services app and Xbox app.

Go to Settings > Apps > App Features. Select the Xbox app, then click Advanced Options. Click on the repair button, do the same with the Gaming Services app, try launching the app again and see if it works.

Solution 2 – Uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services app

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
    get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -all users

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
    start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try launching the app and see if it works.

Solution 3:

Open PowerShell in administrator mode and paste the following below:

Get-AppxPackage -All Users| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_. InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2d381b17-7700-470e-9e59-cfb523ed2e1f
    Source of information (Credits): Note: The credits for this message go to the independent advisor Ron since his publication was the basis for obtaining said information.

I hope this information has been useful to you.
    Jhon
  3. CarTzy Win User

Roblox anti-cheat blocks itself from launching in the most recent Canary Channel Windows OS build

Hello Chip._,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having trouble launching Roblox on the latest Windows OS build. This seems to be a compatibility issue between Roblox's anti-cheat system and the new Windows OS overlay feature. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

As a possible workaround, you can try disabling the Windows OS overlay feature by following these steps:

- Press the Windows logo key + G to open the Game bar settings.

- Click on the Settings icon on the right side of the Game bar.

- Under General, uncheck the box that says "Enable Xbox Game bar for things like recording game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites".

- Restart your PC and try launching Roblox again.

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

why isnt roblox showing on looking for group xbox gamebar

Hello Riley Mcgathy,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, the looking for group for the game Roblox is not showing in Xbox game bar. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Is this showing before?

2. What device are you using to play Roblox? Is it Windows PC or Xbox console?

3. Is your account managed by your parent or organizer under Xbox Family settings group?

4. Can you send us screenshot of the issue you are referring with?

Roblox feature such as creating/joining groups, chatting, or adding Roblox friends can be done on PC/Mac or Mobile. This feature is not currently supported in Xbox console. In Windows PC, to use Xbox Social features, sign in with your Microsoft account. Press the Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, choose Settings > Accounts, select Sign in, and then follow the steps.

To open Looking for Group:

1. Press the Windows logo key + G to open Game Bar.
    2. Select the Widget menu, and then choose Looking for Group.

For your reference, see: Use Xbox Game Bar to play and chat with friends | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

why does my roblox from microsoft store thinking im playing in mobile but im using my laptop windows 10

Hello Dusty712, my name is zahir.

Based on the description, you are having issues on Roblox played on Windows 11 device that was downloaded from Windows store. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

It is possible that the version of Roblox in Microsoft store is not updated. You may also check if the game is up to date by following these steps:

Open the Xbox app for Windows.

In My Library, select the game title.

Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.

Select Files and then Check for updates.

You may check the link here for any issues on launching game in Xbox app:

Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We have found an official article on how to install Roblox player on Windows PC. Here are the steps:

Go to the Roblox website using any modern browser like Microsoft Edge.

Upon logging into Roblox, visit any experience and click on the green Play button

A pop-up window will appear informing you that Roblox Player is installing.

You can find the link here: How to Install and Play Roblox – Roblox Support
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Roblox keeps crashing on launch, the most recent thing done was to do a Defender Offline Scan.

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're trying to launch Roblox. Game launching issues happens when there is compatibility issue, third-party software preventing the game to launch and issues with either the game or PC.

Based on the information you provided, it seems that you have already taken some steps to troubleshoot the issue. Since you have already reinstalled Roblox and updated your drivers, the next step would be to try resetting the app. Here's how you can do it:

1. Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps.

3. Scroll down and find Roblox.

4. Click on it and select Advanced options.

5. Scroll down and click on Reset.

If resetting the app doesn't work, you can also try running Roblox in compatibility mode. Here's how:

1. Right-click on the Roblox shortcut and select Properties.

2. Click on the Compatibility tab.

3. Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

4. Select Windows 8 from the drop-down menu.

5. Click Apply and then OK.

Then, you may try the troubleshooting you have not tried for Xbox app game launching issues here: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox App for Windows

If issue still persists, you can try contacting Roblox support for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC - Similar Threads - anyone help Roblox

2. Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!: I have an Xbox One S that was enrolled in Xbox Insider, the hard drive was damaged and the system version does not allow installing another hard drive with the update available on the Xbox page....
  3. can anyone help with a films & tv problem

in XBoX on Windows
    can anyone help with a films & tv problem: Does anyone know why when i watch a film on movies and tv it cuts off part of the screen with black lines and when i press fill to fit it does nothing lease help eb2846e4-a4d3-4287-b8c5-f493a90ca697
  4. Can anyone help with the issue I’m having ?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help with the issue I’m having ?: So I gifted a game to my friend but in the last moment it showed an error, but I looked on my credit card and I’ve been charged for it. I ve looked on my email on billing history it’s nowhere to...
  5. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  6. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  7. can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can anyone help?: i try to install the "Xbox app" but it says its starting the download and never stops and when i fully reset my pc to make a fresh start it did the same thing and it says the problem is on Xboxes...
  8. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?: While playing a game, after an unspecific amount of time, the game image will start to flicker and cut out. Then, the xbox controller will disconnect, and the xbox series x will lose internet...
  9. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  10. ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?

in XboX Insiders
    ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?: Necesito su ayuda, jugando en mi Xbox One S a Gears 5, más especificamente el DLC Hivebusters, al terminar mi partida del día y retomarla al día siguiente, me regresa al inicio del capítulo y con...