Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement?

Discus and support Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Nachbar, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Ryan Nachbar
    Ryan Nachbar Guest

I replaced the disc drive on my Xbox one. The disc before wouldn't really spin. I successfully replaced the disc drive, and the disc still won't read. Suggestions?

:)

Ryan Nachbar, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Smwutches Win User

We cannot assist with self-repair.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Certain Disc Won't Play - Xbox 360

Hey there Morrigan,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with Xbox 360 reading Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

Are you receiving an error code?

Is the disc being recognized by the Xbox 360?

Try this article:

Xbox 360 Disc Drive Solution

If the issue persists,

On Step 8 in the article: If your Xbox 360 console can read another disc of the same type, the disc may be the source of the problem.
    Get a replacement disc or troubleshooting help.

Contact the disc manufacturer for a replacement disc or troubleshooting help.

Hope this helps.
  4. TroHAM Win User

XBOX is seemingly unable to play and read games

Sounds as if you need to replace the disc drive, but take a look at the troubleshooter first:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

If it doesn't help you out, you will have to schedule a repair. Good luck.
  5. Miss Portia Win User

Skyrim Help Please

Again, the above is misinformation. We are not replacing all consoles with disc read issues at this time. If you have this issue, please begin by checking out our disc drive troubleshooting guide, here:

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive
  6. Mister Maka Win User

I can not open or close my Xbox 360 disk drive.

Hey there NortherlyGerm17!

Sorry to hear about the Disc Drive issues, we do have a
    Disc Drive Troubleshooter
    worth running through if you haven't already. If the steps there don't help out, unfortunately your best option is to set up a repair or replacement with the steps recommended.
Thema:

1. Can anyone help troubleshoot disc drive replacement? - Similar Threads - anyone help troubleshoot

2. Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!

in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know when the final version of the June update will be available?. HELP!!: I have an Xbox One S that was enrolled in Xbox Insider, the hard drive was damaged and the system version does not allow installing another hard drive with the update available on the Xbox page....
  3. can anyone help with a films & tv problem

in XBoX on Windows
    can anyone help with a films & tv problem: Does anyone know why when i watch a film on movies and tv it cuts off part of the screen with black lines and when i press fill to fit it does nothing lease help eb2846e4-a4d3-4287-b8c5-f493a90ca697
  4. Can anyone help with the issue I’m having ?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anyone help with the issue I’m having ?: So I gifted a game to my friend but in the last moment it showed an error, but I looked on my credit card and I’ve been charged for it. I ve looked on my email on billing history it’s nowhere to...
  5. I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m having issues creating a Developer Account, would anyone be able to help me?: Ive been trying to sign up for a developer account for my xbox, however I keep getting this error message: Microsoft runs on trust. We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation and certification...
  6. Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help and xbox customer sevice wont let me talk to anyone they deem my issue no worthy...: My console (xbox series x) isnt responding to my controller properly the sticks work the home menu button works but when i try to press a on something or b to back out no response ive done a full...
  7. can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can anyone help?: i try to install the "Xbox app" but it says its starting the download and never stops and when i fully reset my pc to make a fresh start it did the same thing and it says the problem is on Xboxes...
  8. Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can anyone help me troubleshoot my Xbox series X?: While playing a game, after an unspecific amount of time, the game image will start to flicker and cut out. Then, the xbox controller will disconnect, and the xbox series x will lose internet...
  9. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  10. ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?

in XboX Insiders
    ¿Podría alguien ayudarme, por favor?/Could anyone help me, please?: Necesito su ayuda, jugando en mi Xbox One S a Gears 5, más especificamente el DLC Hivebusters, al terminar mi partida del día y retomarla al día siguiente, me regresa al inicio del capítulo y con...