Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on ...

Discus and support Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on ... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm thinking of buying an Xbox One S to replace my Xbox 360. However, I'd still like to be able to play with a friend in co-op and multiplayer, on... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GR412, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GR412
    GR412 Guest

Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on ...

I'm thinking of buying an Xbox One S to replace my Xbox 360. However, I'd still like to be able to play with a friend in co-op and multiplayer, on older Xbox 360 games to unlock some missing achievements.

My friend won't be getting an Xbox One so i'm wondering if it's possible for me, as a potential Xbox One S user to be able to play older Xbox 360 games with my friend on their Xbox 360, while i'm on my newer Xbox One and still be able to earn achievements
    and play co-op / multiplayer on these Xbox 360 games together?

(I do understand that only certain 360 games are currently compatible with the Xbox One, with that list growing all the time)

Any infromation will be appreciated.

Thanks,

:)

GR412, Nov 14, 2018
  2. isturbo1
    isturbo1 Guest
    Physical 360 Games - Turned Digital For BC on Xbox One? Solution:

Any opinions or thoughts on the process of converting our physical 360 disc copies of BC games into pure digital downloads for the Xbox One? I know I can download and install a digital imprint of a BC game on my Xbox One using a 360 disc. But I still need that disc as a key.

A solution I can come up with is registering a product code that appears on both the physical disc and the case so the user can claim a digital copy of the game for use of BC. I'm sure some people will use this to issue free copies of random 360 games to friends on their Xbox Ones. But it would throw a major bone to owners who still have our 360 games and kept the packaging. I know if my currently owned BC 360 games were digital, I'd be inclined to play them more on my Xbox One.

isturbo1, Nov 14, 2018
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    Physical 360 Games - Turned Digital For BC on Xbox One? Solution:

Could you state the problem you are trying to solve ?

SPITFIRE-SIX, Nov 14, 2018
  4. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest

Yes! When you're playing an Xbox 360 game via back-compat on Xbox One, you're connecting to the Xbox Live servers used by actual Xbox 360 consoles. So, as far as Live is concerned, you're using an Xbox 360. You can play games with your friends and earn
    any achievements just as if you were playing on an actual Xbox 360. Have fun!

RandyAU93, Nov 14, 2018
  5. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Yes, as long as you're playing a backwards compatible game.

Smwutches, Nov 14, 2018
  6. Italo Aguiar
    Italo Aguiar Guest
    Hello GR412,

Yes, it is possible. And it's automatic.

Italo Aguiar, Nov 14, 2018
  7. NeoDan123
    NeoDan123 Guest
    Good day

Yes it is possible.

To find out which 360 games is backward compatible please check out the link provided.

Xbox One Backward Compatibility List | Xbox

And happy hunting those missing achievements with your friend.

NeoDan123, Nov 14, 2018
  8. GR412
    GR412 Guest

Thats great, I was worried if i got an Xbox One I wouldn't be able to play with my friend who still uses the Xbox 360. Thanks!

GR412, Nov 6, 2018
  9. Italo Aguiar Win User

Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on Xbox 360 games together?

Hello GR412,

Yes, it is possible. And it's automatic.
  10. GR412 Win User

Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on Xbox 360 games together?

Thats great, I was worried if i got an Xbox One I wouldn't be able to play with my friend who still uses the Xbox 360. Thanks!
  11. NeoDan123 Win User

Good day

Yes it is possible.

To find out which 360 games is backward compatible please check out the link provided.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

And happy hunting those missing achievements with your friend.
  12. Smwutches Win User

Yes, as long as you're playing a backwards compatible game.
  13. RandyAU93 Win User

Yes! When you're playing an Xbox 360 game via back-compat on Xbox One, you're connecting to the Xbox Live servers used by actual Xbox 360 consoles. So, as far as Live is concerned, you're using an Xbox 360. You can play games with your friends and earn
    any achievements just as if you were playing on an actual Xbox 360. Have fun!
Thema:

1. Can an Xbox One user play with a friend that's using an Xbox 360 and earn achievememnts on ... - Similar Threads - user play friend

2. Other users cannot play game until owner logs in

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Other users cannot play game until owner logs in: I bought a game, kids have their own profiles on the same Xbox. But they cannot play the game unless I log in. We all have the same Xbox as "home Xbox". What should I change in installations to...
  3. Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5 - Partner can play, I can't (error authorising user message): Hello, I am at a complete loss here. I have been playing through the Halo 5 campaign but for days now I can't even get past the main menu as I am greeted with the message 'Attention, error...
  4. Can I change the profile or user i play as, in a Minecraft world? (Bedrock PC)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I change the profile or user i play as, in a Minecraft world? (Bedrock PC): I have been playing Minecraft with a friend. We were using the free Realm trial but after 3 weeks he got bored and told me he was not paying the realm subscription. I wanted to still play in that...
  5. Can I as a Mac user play Ark with friends who use Xbox and PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I as a Mac user play Ark with friends who use Xbox and PC?: I'm using iMac (OS 10.13.6). Can I play Ark survival evolved with my friends, who use Xbox and PC? If so, could you please give a direct link to where I can buy/download the correct version. I can...
  6. Migrated Mojang/Minecraft Acct (Mac user) to Microsoft but no option to play it! ???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated Mojang/Minecraft Acct (Mac user) to Microsoft but no option to play it! ???: Ok, I migrated my Minecraft/Mojang Account to Microsoft a few weeks ago where they confused the heck out of me by creating an Xbox account w/a made-up username. (I thought they had logged me into...
  7. can't play or install Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta when another console user with Game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't play or install Halo Infinite Multiplayer Beta when another console user with Game...: OK... this is strange I think. We have multiple user accounts on the Xbox Series X. One user has Game Pass Ultimate. That user's Home Xbox is not assigned to this Xbox, but it is on another. We...
  8. " This app needs an additional component. Gaming services are required to play games. User...

in XBoX on Windows
    " This app needs an additional component. Gaming services are required to play games. User...: Hello I have a problem with my Xbox app, I have the following error message "This app needs an additional component. Gaming services are required to play certain games. User approval is required."...
  9. Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son can't play Levelhead due to ""the current users privacy settings for user generated...: We have an Xbox gamepass, and are set up for parental controls through a parent account online. We do not have an Xbox, they play games on their PCs. When trying to play Levelhead my son gets the...
  10. Bought a second Xbox for my two kids and one user can only play on one console. How can I fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought a second Xbox for my two kids and one user can only play on one console. How can I fix?: I purchased a second Xbox console for my two boys at our house. My first son is logged in and where our xbox live gold account is located. On the second new xbox we logged him in there as the “my...