Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family

Discus and support Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James777r, Jan 7, 2024.

1. James777r
    James777r Guest

I recently turned 18 and still have screen time restrictions on my microsoft account is there a way i can turn it off as an adult in the family or do i need to be an organiser

:)

James777r, Jan 7, 2024
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello James777r, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a publication by Dante Martino, an independent advisor, where he suggests the following steps to try to solve the problem:

This can only be resolved by the Family administrator, who is the only one who has the privileges to make these changes, including time limits.

Check out these support notes:

Set screen time limits on kids' devices:
    https://support.microsoft.com/accou...en-los-dispósitos-de-los-niños-a593d725-fc4c- 044c-284d-32eab0305ffd

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/9d41f040-039f-43b7-8c4d-79afee88dbf9

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. A. User Win User

screen time on xbox cloud gaming

Hi Marinbeuve, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, temporalily turn off the screen time, test the game on XCloud, then turn it back on.

Sign in to your Family page with an adult Microsoft account.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

On your family group page, select the member whose account you want to manage, and then select the Screen time tile.

To disable screen time limits for a device, select the More options button next to the device that you’re managing, and then select Turn limits off.

I hope this helps.
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Using microsoft accounts balance for the PC game bloons tower defense 6 on a child account

Hi Jordan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, temporalily turn off the screen time, test the game on XCloud, then turn it back on.

On your family group page, select the member whose account you want to manage, and then select the Screen time tile.

To disable screen time limits for a device, select the More options button next to the device that you’re managing, and then select Turn limits off.

I hope this helps.
  5. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Trying to buy a game (PC) on the store with a giftcard

Hi Jordan, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

I hope this helps.
  6. andersonpassos Win User

How do I disable emails for more screen time requests for Microsoft family?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

You should be able to disable email notifications for screen time requests from the Microsoft Family website. Here's how:

Go to the Microsoft Family website (https://family.microsoft.com/).

Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Click on the "Manage family settings" button.

In the left-hand menu, click on "Notifications."

Under "Screen time requests," toggle the switch to "Off."

Click on the "Save" button to apply the changes.

This should disable email notifications for screen time requests. You should still be able to see and manage screen time requests using the Family app on your phone or tablet.

I hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can adults disable screen time in Microsoft family - Similar Threads - adults disable screen

2. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  3. I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have my account set as an adult account, but I still can’t change my profile picture to a...: All of my stuff says I am a adult account and it still doesn’t work. be22e80e-a1e9-43cc-ad87-73a68f02c76f
  4. How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does XboxS prevent an adult from contacting my child?: How can/does MS prevent an adult, posing as a child, from contacting my child on XboxS during live play? 2d1f38cf-015f-4625-b55b-d017c53f0566
  5. Parental Lock on Adult Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental Lock on Adult Account: I tried to buy the gamepass but it wouldn't let me saying that "You need an adult to buy this". A quick google search said something about a family group and when I checked it showed I was in one,...
  6. Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ive been trying to get on the launcher and says "You'll need to ask an adult in your family...: Its become quite problematic and me nor my father can fix it f775b6c3-497a-45eb-a5d8-f88c445aab6e
  7. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  8. How do I change to an Adult account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change to an Adult account?: I created this account back around 2016, when I was not legally recognized as an adult. Now, 2 years have passed since I legally became an adult, but I still have child restrictions on my account...
  9. Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamer pic even thought account was always an adult.: My account always an adult age, but I still cannot change my gamer pic on my Xbox profile. Is there anyway to fix this? ebb193d6-2f7f-4e47-a550-04b08a8199de
  10. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...