Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox

Discus and support Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah a3230c55-753a-4666-8503-8ec864fa0f30 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by None-721, Jan 9, 2024.

1. None-721
    None-721 Guest

The blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, blah blah

:)

None-721, Jan 9, 2024
  2. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

3. napalm 31337 Win User

Connecting an Xbox 360 controller to an Xbox One X for split screen play

I want to play an Xbox 360 game with split-screen on my Xbox One X. For the primary account signed in, I can use the wireless Xbox One controller that came with my Xbox One X. But I would like a guest to be able to use one of my Xbox 360 controllers, as
    I only have one Xbox One controller. I have a 3rd party (USB) wired and other official wireless Xbox 360 controllers.

I tried using both of these Xbox 360 controllers to try and connect to the Xbox One X using the sync feature but none of them connected. The lights on the Xbox 360 controllers just flash infinitely.

I did hear that Xbox 360 controllers are not compatible with Xbox One’s but does this apply to the Xbox One X as well?

I also tried using the stream Xbox → Windows 10 feature and plugged in my 3rd party USB Xbox 360 controller to my PC which did connect to my Xbox though streaming, however it kept overriding my Xbox One controller by connecting as player 1. I
    need it so one of them is player 1 and the other as player 2 so two of us can play split screen.

Is this at all possible, using an Xbox One and Xbox 360 controller?

Thanks.
    Maybe you can achieve this using console streaming to PC and connecting both controller to your PC, so the PC have 2 different controllers plugged in and you can use with 2 different player.

As additional info, every Xbox One wireless controller can work as a wired one using a simple USB cable.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

No, it's not possible to use an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller on an Xbox 360 even connected with a wire.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not syncing to pc

Hi,

The Xbox 360 wireless protocol is not Bluetooth. This is why your 360 controller won't sync to your wireless receiver. PlayStation Dual Shock uses BT, the 360 does not. Only the Xbox One X controller can be connected via Bluetooth.

If you want to use a wireless 360 controller you will need to buy the Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. Don't buy the Xbox One receiver as it does not support 360 controllers either.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Adaptador Windows para controle Xbox Series S/X

Hello,

There isn't a specific adaptor for the Series X/S controllers for PC. The current adaptor works just fine with these newer controllers, however it is now in very short supply. There are third party ones available that do the same thing.

The Xbox 360 wireless controllers use a different WIFI protocol, they need their own Xbox 360 wireless Gaming Receiver.

Xbox One and Series X/S controllers can be connected to PC via Bluetooth, but headsets will only work with the Xbox One adaptor (or a third party version), they won't work when the controller is connected via BT
Thema:

1. Can a Xbox X controller connect to a 360 Xbox - Similar Threads - controller connect 360

2. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  3. recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...

in XBoX on Windows
    recently I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller (I have a cable that connects...: I've tried reading other people's answers on this but I can't seem to work it, I connect it by the cable to to my pc (windows10) and it works (like the Xbox sign in the middle works) and I've...
  4. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Other*...
  5. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  6. Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use a Xbox 360 controller or something like it and connect it to my Xbox series x: Can I connect an Xbox 360 controller or something like it to my Xbox series X or possibly use a cord to connect a Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox series X and if that doesn’t work are there...
  7. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one 79dfaf96-464e-4334-bb20-93d672d6f192
  8. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  9. 360 controller not connecting. Other issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 controller not connecting. Other issues: Xbox 360, 2015 version power light green is showing, a drawer won't open, wireless controller is not connecting all other functions are working USB ports hard drive as well I can open with wide...
  10. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...