Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One?

Discus and support Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm considering purchasing an Xbox One and this is the main question that I have. I had a PS4 and I know a sub account could do a factory reset even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mike da Massa, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One?

I'm considering purchasing an Xbox One and this is the main question that I have. I had a PS4 and I know a sub account could do a factory reset even with the parental controls on. So that was a deal breaker and I had to sell it. Can anyone check this
    for me?

:)

Mike da Massa, Jan 1, 2015
  2. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    My first XBOX console

Factory resetting is up to you, but if there are any digital games from the previous owner on there you'll lose them if you factory reset. From what I could tell it looks like Xbox Live is supported in Cyprus so you should be good and you can use pre-paid cards all you want but I do believe they require an address at least.

bloosuga, Jan 1, 2015
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    My console keeps locking up every time I try and install a new game.

In the most extreme case a factory reset maybe in order. What you can try to do first is a couple of things, remove your primary account from the xbox and then re-add the primary account (make sure you know the password). This will force xbox live to sync with the console. If you suspect you have networking issues, clear your mac address and hard reset the console. That is the easiest thing to try first. If the problem persists contact support. Also are you a member of the preview program or no ?

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 1, 2015
  4. SimonLunn3 Win User

Deleted adult account and now stuck as Unknown guest key

Hello XBF/community,

I’ve since found a similar thread below where the guy had zero accounts and did not know his guest key and was advised to do a hard factory reset ie deleting all apps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-one-all-profiles-deleted-and-cant-remember/3b35e32b-3c59-4911-b9dc-077eab907fff?auth=1

My further issue is that I have one child account and I’ve read that this reset may delete the account entirely which I want to avoid. The adult account that was removed may also be at risk.

So my choices are:

A) do nothing and use child account

B) factory reset and maybe lose child account, maybe lose both ?

C) first remove child account in the hope that both accounts are recoverable

what do you think I should do ?

Thanks
  5. Hordie Win User

the one does NOT take screen shots or record

6. SpyShadow Win User

Xbox 360 reset codes needed, family settings forgot password

Make sure you are not unable to play games with 18 restrictions because you are on a child account...if you are on one, resetting your xbox to factory settings wont fix it, you will sign back on and have the same issues.
  7. TEC25 Win User

RESTRICTED Auction House in FH5

Hi Jesse, so we did the factory reset and setup again but sadly it didn't work :(.

The only other thing I can think of is that its a child's account that's the problem.

Do you think that's possible?

Can progress in FH5 be transferred to a different adult gamertag?

Tec
  8. onyxishere Win User

Unable to load Fortnite

Thema:

Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One?

1. Can a child account do a factory reset on Xbox One? - Similar Threads - child account factory

2. How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I make a child account on an Xbox an adult account: How do I make a child account on an Xbox to an adult account 173b5633-ff5c-46dd-817a-40edfdbafb61
  3. Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can an adult in the US gift assetto corsa comp to a child account in the eu?: My American (adult) freind has gifted me this game and it has never delivered! 40 euros doen thr drain! Please help me with changing any parental controls settings regarding receiving gifts...
  4. How can I turn my child account into an adult account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I turn my child account into an adult account?: My microsoft account is apart of a family, where this account is a child account and another account is the parent. I am now 19 and am trying to buy a game off the microsoft store but it says I...
  5. Child Account- Friends- Ipad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Child Account- Friends- Ipad: I have opened now about 15 different pages, downloaded apps and still cannot find any button that allows my child to add friends to their iPad. I’ve tried PC, from my phone and from her iPad and...
  6. Cant redeem Minecraft to child account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant redeem Minecraft to child account: I bought a copy of Minecraft for my kids account, but I cant seem to enable it on their account. No email was received on their end, yet I was billed for a copy. fd1b06f1-251f-4be8-9dee-1105ae8972b6
  7. Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way I can turn off messaging entirely for child xbox accounts?: I would like to turn off the ability to view, send and receive messages/chats on XBOXs for my Children Accounts. I had tried turning off the feature in privacy settings on the portal but they can...
  8. Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX: Cant add money to my child account to buy V-Bucks at fortnight game on XBOX When my son try to buy the xbox will say it will need to send the parent request to approve that (Me) than i get the...
  9. Child can switch between accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child can switch between accounts: I have a passcode and all restrictions set up. However on my “non home” Xbox, my child can switch between my sign in and the child account. This causes concern on my end Any clues?...
  10. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649