Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

Discus and support Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Decky Brady, Apr 28, 2024.

1. Decky Brady
    Decky Brady Guest

Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game...

My friends Xbox live ran out so I want to game share with her so she can play online what I’m wondering is can we both play the same game at the same time I’ve came across this before but it was different I game shared with a friend so we could play castle crashers but I was the only one who had it and he didn’t so we couldn’t play at the same time but this time we both own the game already it’s just that she doesn’t have Xbox live

:)

Decky Brady, Apr 28, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game shared with each other

Hi, Decky! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

To clarify, game sharing via the Home Xbox feature does not require both parties to own the game to be able to play together. Getting "You are already playing on a different Xbox" or a similar error, means the Home Xbox feature wasn't set correctly, or that both consoles are trying to play on the same account at the same time.

Do keep in mind that sharing your account details, or game sharing with someone outside your physical household goes against Microsoft's ToS and the Xbox Community Standards. Doing this could lead to enforcement actions placed on your accounts/devices.

For your reference:

------

"What are examples of Account Theft?"

"Examples of account theft include:

- Using an account on your console that wasn’t created by you or someone in your household

- Using an account that wasn’t created by you or someone in your household to change home Xbox designations"

Source - https://support.xbox.com/help/famil...tecting-players-from-account-related-offenses

------

"5. Fraud benefits no one"

"For example, don't:

- Give another person access to your Microsoft account"

Source - https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards

------

Best regards.
  3. stevelo1973 Win User

games share with two xbox ones in same house issues

i am just so confused and disappointed about this if i own 2 xbox ones and have them both is same house on same ip address i should be able to play any game i own on any console with any profile i have and think that microsoft should be able to recognise
    the same ip address and resolve this cos as it stands i can only use one xbox console to play games when i own 2 i know my first profile can use both but same issue exists where i own both console in same house but can only play one
  4. Jurgen1488 Win User

Play same game on both of my XBOX ones at the same time

At the same time, you can not play the same account on two consoles.
    Create another account and share your primary account with the newly created account.
  5. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi Pablo !

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It seems that you want to be able to game share with your son, but as soon as you attempt it he can't play.

Let me explain how the set up should go; The Xbox you want to make the Home console is the one that your Son is going to be using, so he can use his own account and the game. That way on your Xbox you just sign in with you account and will be able to play
    with no issues.

Here's our article 'How to designate an Xbox one console as your home Xbox'

I hope I was able to explain this set up good. Let us know If you have more questions.
  6. RandyAU93 Win User

Let's assume that your Home Xbox is Xbox A and your second console is Xbox B. Your son will need to sign onto Xbox A and play the game there. Then you would sign into Xbox B and play there. Make sure you each are using your own separate Microsoft accounts.
Thema:

1. Can 2 people play the same game at the same time if they both own it but they have game... - Similar Threads - play same game

2. Can two people play the same game on two different consoles

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can two people play the same game on two different consoles: Hi I wanted to know If I bought a physical copy of a game and played it on my xbox can I then give it to my friend so he can download the game and play it too To clarify the friend is also on...
  3. How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I play the same game with a sibling who has the game on their own account?: I had an Xbox One since 2015 and I recently got an Xbox Series S for my dorm room, and I've been playing on my account from both consoles. Recently, my sister started her own Microsoft (Xbox)...
  4. If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I own a PC game and have an XBox Subscription, can I play the same game?: If I own a PC game and have an active XBox subscription, how can I play the same game? Gives me a message like can't play the game as someone already is attempting to play the game (even if there...
  5. Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription

in XBoX on Windows
    Me and my brother cant play the same game same time under the same gamepass subscription: So my brother used to use an xbox one s and just now upgraded to a series x and we used to be able to play at the same time on the same game and now on the new console it kicks us off the game...
  6. Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues with Game Pass Ultimate not letting family members play at the same time.: Husband bought new Xbox Series X. We have Game Pass Ultimate. Our son could play all of his game pass games at the same time his dad was playing his Xbox before we got the new one. Now that we...
  7. Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play ultimate games on cloud gaming when I own them on the same account on...: I have the subscription for ultimate gamepass and I am trying to play my games on xbox cloud gaming it won't let me play because I need to "join with a code" or "add subscription" that i already...
  8. why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can i play cloud gaming on my phone fine yet when i use it the same way on my laptop...: there no possible screenshot as it just goes back to the home page after trying to boot up the game ea819072-62a3-4da1-979f-c918ef8d48aa
  9. Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can Two Different Xbox Accounts Remote Play to the Same Xbox for Co-Op Games?: My brother and I are going on vacation soon but we can't bring our Xbox. We still want to play our Co-Op games (mainly LEGO games are the co-op ones we have), and we know remote play is a thing....
  10. Playing a game on two computers but on the same account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Playing a game on two computers but on the same account: Hey, I just wanted to know if you are able to play two games on two devices but on the same account at the same time. I have two computers (laptops) and would like to have my friend use one of...