Came from vacation, just to realize my MS account got hacked.

Discus and support Came from vacation, just to realize my MS account got hacked. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Ok, so I came from vacation on Saturday (I don't take any communication devices on vacation.) I had a nap and in few hours I got call from bank if I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tomáš Sadil, Sep 4, 2023.

1. Came from vacation, just to realize my MS account got hacked.

Ok, so I came from vacation on Saturday (I don't take any communication devices on vacation.) I had a nap and in few hours I got call from bank if I attempted over 100 purchases from MS store (that 7 each for like $50 went through.). I was bamboozled, tired and just went with "no". Bank blocked my card and they told me they'll try to get a refund since transaction was most likely illegal activity. (I only have my card in Xbox account.)

I further checked texts in my phone and on Friday, someone changed my phone number to my Ms account. I immediately tried to log into my MS account via e-mail. User doesn't exist. Tried to do the same with my phone and I got basically the same answer.

What bamboozles me is that I don't even log into my MS account that often and have it only on my phone always logged in.

What bothers me the most isn't the money, but my account. I used to use MS account back when I had windows phone and I have lots of vacation pics etc... on my OneDrive. The weirdest thing is, I don't have any info from Microsoft about changes being done to my account on E-mail I had it linked to.

Is there any way to trace my account back? Does Microsoft have any e-mail to contact them for this issue? I tried filling some forms here on MS but to no avail. They all say my account doesn't exist.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

Tomáš Sadil, Sep 4, 2023
  2. HassanB Win User

Just realized my account was hacked

Please follow Juan Van's advice and call XBOX Support to file an unauthorized access ticket with them. You may also want to take a look at XBOX Live's Security Checklist
    here. This will teach you how to keep your account safer in the future.
  3. TheWhiteTigeRR Win User

mcswizzy69 just follow what was already advised to the author of this thread because in your cases you "must' contact the support team and start an unauthorized access ticket as soon as possible.
  4. WPAK Win User

Hi mcswizzy,

please do not bump old threads, it is better to create a new one and regarding the account hacked issue. Please take a look at this link:

www.xbox.com/.../What-To-Do
    it is all steps to do incase of an account hacked/stolen
  5. mcswizzy69 Win User

my acc got hacked and they changed every thing so there no way i can login i also had like 400$ of dlc and games on it. is there any way i can that back?
  6. juan van Win User

Thema:

Came from vacation, just to realize my MS account got hacked.

1. Came from vacation, just to realize my MS account got hacked. - Similar Threads - Came vacation realize

2. Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I booted it up in low...: Xbox One X (Cyberpunk Edition) - Came up with the green screen so I tried booting it up in low resolution mode. This seems to be the best method to fix it when looking up guides etc, but there was...
  3. Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my right trigger loose. I came back from work the other day and my trigger had no...: I can't play call of duty anymore 22e89921-df68-4b49-96e6-70d5ec7e102e
  4. Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my Xbox Series S controller be replaced if it came out of the box faulty/broken: I want to know if it's too late to replace it, sense it came faulty It was paid for and I wasn't expecting it to have broken analog sticks, hope it can be replaced it's the only controller. I...
  5. My console it’s not letting me get the bundle it came with!

in XBoX on Windows
    My console it’s not letting me get the bundle it came with!: So I just got an Xbox with the midnight bundle it came with so I set up the console and logged in but when I installed fortnite and went to the offer it said claim for another account and I just...
  6. I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it...: I bought an Elite Series 2 controller and it came without paddles, on the box it says it includes paddles. What I can do? a4e8ce38-c7d5-46d5-bd93-f2a984c28027
  7. So I came into a match on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 with a Hacker.

in XBoX on Windows
    So I came into a match on Call of Duty Black Ops 2 with a Hacker.: Help me there is this user on Black Ops 2 named [mod removed] and somehow he killed through walls and killed all my team. He also gave me a bunch of achievements on Black Ops 2. I wasn't happy, I...
  8. Purchasing game using available balance but came out of bank instead

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchasing game using available balance but came out of bank instead: Hello, I added £10 then £50 to my sons Xbox account to cover the cost of my son purchasing GTA for £59.99 however he wasn’t able to use the available balance and instead it was taken from my bank...
  9. How to download COD bundle that came with series X purchase

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to download COD bundle that came with series X purchase: Hi I purchased a refurbed series x from Microsoft for my son for Xmas, it was bundled with COD MWIII but It didn’t come with a code or any other info on how to download it. When we try to...
  10. Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to redeem 3 months game pass ultimate that apparently came with xbox?: im trying, not on this account, to redeem a 3 month game pass ultimate. when i firsy loaded up the new xbox it told me i could get 3 months free, i clicked the "later" button and now i cant find...