Cable box missing from device power options

Discus and support Cable box missing from device power options in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I first set up my x1 and everything worked fine including turn cable box on/off. Then suddenly the tv signal lost sound and lagged. Cable box signal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by oleros, Dec 20, 2014.

1. oleros
    oleros Guest

I first set up my x1 and everything worked fine including turn cable box on/off. Then suddenly the tv signal lost sound and lagged. Cable box signal was fine directly plugged to tv so I did a system reset. That fixed the tv issue but oddly, the cable box
    is now not in device list, only tv and receiver. I've reset tv settings and ran the setup guide again but it does nothing.

:)

oleros, Dec 20, 2014
  2. TheJamesJr
    TheJamesJr Guest
    Power Settings, Toggle only option for Samsung SMT-C5320 Cable Box?

My other devices have power on, off, or toggle. But the Samsung SMT-C5320 Cable Box only has a toggle option. So if I decide to use my Logitech remote to power everything off or on, now the cable box is out of sync with everything else. Any suggestions?

TheJamesJr, Dec 20, 2014
  3. blandry23
    blandry23 Guest
    Xbox One Sleep Timer

Ok i found a way to do this. What you have to do is go to display and sound in the settings. Then go to set up tv and a/v control. Then to device power options. Once there, you see a few options. You go to the tv row, and then click "when xbox turns off, send" and select nothing. This way you turn the xbox off prior to going to bed, and set the timer on the tv. Also, you will still be able to turn the tv on with the xbox. The only downside to this is the need to manually turn the tv off every time, or to manually change this in the settings daily. Ypu also need an "oldschool" cable or another HDMI cable (my cable box doesnt have two HDMI ports) hook from the box to the tv. Hope this helps you guys.

blandry23, Dec 20, 2014
  4. tplarkin7 Win User

Cable box "Xbox On/Off" is moody.

After installing an IR emitter directly from the Xbox One to the cable box, it does not power on properly. I have to conclude that the cable box requires multiple power signals to wake it up. My temporary solution is to uncheck the power setting for the
    cable box and to leave the cable box on at all times.

I think a good option would be a new voice command to power the cable box on/off. (This should be done for TVs, too. Although, my TV powers on/off just fine.)
  5. Pbvermin Win User

Live TV Lag via Xbox One

I finally resolved my issues with the freeze last week before the patch, here is what I did:

Powered down Xbox

powered down cable box

removed power cords from both devices

unplugged the power strip from wall

plugged in power strip

plugged in cable box and turned on

made sure the connection from cable box to Xbox was completely connected and set square with no bends or angles in the hdmi cable

by now the cable box was fully loaded, plugged in Xbox

powered on Xbox

re-setup entire system

Since doing this, I have had only one pause that a complete shut down of the Xbox resolved
  6. thejanfan Win User

Device control option removed for cable box?

Thanks for the reply but no, I’m looking for the function that when my Xbox is powered on it sends a signal to also turn on my cable box. There’s used to be an option for “cable box/satellite” on the device controls screen but now it only shows TV and audio receiver since the update last week. Wondering if this was removed permanently?
  7. SammyVS Win User

Device control option removed for cable box?

Got it. As OneGuide was discontinued and the new generation of consoles does not support this type of devices as the console does not have HDMI-IN this function has been removed from the system.
  8. Misses Joust Win User

No option to select a device for satalite/cable box

G'day Phatboy! Currently, channel information through OneGuide is only available in the United States. You can still view content via the HDMI pass-through, but you won't see TV listings. We're working to make that available in other regions in the coming
    year.

As for physically controlling the Set Top Box through Xbox One and OneGuide, check out the troubleshooting steps

here
    to get everything in working order.
Thema:

1. Cable box missing from device power options - Similar Threads - Cable box missing

2. Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself??: Is it possible to code a gaming mouse using the brainded cable itself?? I have a GM600 (Ant E-sports) Is there any way to do it..? b9b26253-936c-4233-8232-cbb9b3758fd3
  3. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter for this cable to windows 10 via usb: This cable is for my logitech steering wheel e4773a0a-cfb8-43d9-b85f-581b9e190360
  4. What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is going on here? I’ve tried new cables, different tvs, everything you can think of....: [img] What is happening here? 48ff655b-ac76-4889-b415-240d09c47f5e
  5. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  6. My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the hdmi cables.: My xbox 1 s isn't connecting to the TV. I know it's not the HDMI cables bc they are brand new and works with other appliances. The slots for the xbox are okay and doesn't seem to have a problem...
  7. Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in and won’t connect to WiFi: Xbox series X thinks there’s an Ethernet cable plugged in when there isn’t and won’t connect to WiFi. Tried restarting, changing network settings, wiggling an Ethernet cable in and unplugging it...
  8. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  9. X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box controllers flakey connection on Windows when connected by USB C cable: This has been going on for a year now, the xbox controller stops working on windows. It will stop working in the middle of the game even though the controller is powered on, and connected via usb...
  10. I ordered a Xbox Controller but no cable in the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I ordered a Xbox Controller but no cable in the box.: Hi i bought a Xbox Controller for PC gaming but i didn't receive a cable so i am unnable to use it. Could i receive a cable for my controller i would be thankful :)...