buying new games from xbox live and having to wait till 3:01am to play them

Discus and support buying new games from xbox live and having to wait till 3:01am to play them in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone else have a problem with buying a new release through xbox live and not being able to play them at 12:01am? Microsoft; if you want me to give my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ardour, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Ardour
    Ardour Guest

Anyone else have a problem with buying a new release through xbox live and not being able to play them at 12:01am? Microsoft; if you want me to give my money directly to you, let me play at midnight. Living on the east coast I'd much rather go to gamestop
    and buy the game from them and play at 12:30 than wait till 3:01am. Also, why is it so hard to find an email address to send an email to customer service?

:)

Ardour, Sep 8, 2014
  2. Pres Skroob1
    Pres Skroob1 Guest
    Presale and pre download question

The retailer sets the release date, not Bungie. Bungie has already stated that the servers will be live once it's midnight somewhere in the world. Microsoft (the store where you bought the game from) set their release time to 12:01am PST, 3:01am EST.

If you went with the disk version, you would be able to play it as soon as it installed the appropriate amount. You would not have to wait until 3:01am EST to play.

Pres Skroob1, Sep 8, 2014
  3. Saul Goode77
    Saul Goode77 Guest
    Buying digital games from Microsoft store

@Mister Switch like I mentioned, Quebec law doesn`t allow for retailers to have Midnight launches so we have to wait till 8am to get the game, yeah sucks I know. So you think it will only be available for digital download at 3:01am Eastern time? No physical
    discs for me, I'm ONLY digital this generation and love it. XBOX, PLAY TITANFALL!

Saul Goode77, Sep 8, 2014
  4. Kane 367
    Kane 367 Guest

same bought destiny hey you have to wait till 9/9/14 to play this but wait it is 9/9/14 wtf....will never buy a digital game again if this isn't fixed ill just give gamestop my money.

Kane 367, Sep 8, 2014
  5. Run And Gun
    Run And Gun Guest
    I live in the U.S. and it's currently 12:11am my time. I have the game downloaded and waiting for 9/9/2014 to play, well it's 9/9/2014 and all it says is "Play on 9/9/2014." If I have to wait until 3:01am to play it because I bought it from Xbox marketplace
    this will be the last game I purchase from it. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have much time to play games anymore and I was really looking forward to playing at launch, not 3 hours after launch...

Run And Gun, Sep 8, 2014
  6. 9/9/2014 12.01am pdt - i dont know about your time zones, but there was a clock running on the official site
    Destiny das Spiel | Home run by activision. you should know the Publishers are the one Controlling release for digital Content as well as disc based games

StefanNeubauer, Nov 1, 2018
  7. StefanNeubauer Win User

9/9/2014 12.01am pdt - i dont know about your time zones, but there was a clock running on the official site
    http://www.destinythegame.com/ run by activision. you should know the Publishers are the one Controlling release for digital Content as well as disc based games
  8. Run And Gun Win User

I live in the U.S. and it's currently 12:11am my time. I have the game downloaded and waiting for 9/9/2014 to play, well it's 9/9/2014 and all it says is "Play on 9/9/2014." If I have to wait until 3:01am to play it because I bought it from Xbox marketplace
    this will be the last game I purchase from it. Normally I wouldn't care, but I don't have much time to play games anymore and I was really looking forward to playing at launch, not 3 hours after launch...
  9. Kane 367 Win User

same bought destiny hey you have to wait till 9/9/14 to play this but wait it is 9/9/14 wtf....will never buy a digital game again if this isn't fixed ill just give gamestop my money.
  10. Pres Skroob1 Win User

Presale and pre download question

The retailer sets the release date, not Bungie. Bungie has already stated that the servers will be live once it's midnight somewhere in the world. Microsoft (the store where you bought the game from) set their release time to 12:01am PST, 3:01am EST.

If you went with the disk version, you would be able to play it as soon as it installed the appropriate amount. You would not have to wait until 3:01am EST to play.
  11. Saul Goode77 Win User

Buying digital games from Microsoft store

@Mister Switch like I mentioned, Quebec law doesn`t allow for retailers to have Midnight launches so we have to wait till 8am to get the game, yeah sucks I know. So you think it will only be available for digital download at 3:01am Eastern time? No physical
    discs for me, I'm ONLY digital this generation and love it. XBOX, PLAY TITANFALL!
Thema:

1. buying new games from xbox live and having to wait till 3:01am to play them - Similar Threads - buying games live

2. We live in Botswana and bought an xbox s. Can i buy games for the console with my credit card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We live in Botswana and bought an xbox s. Can i buy games for the console with my credit card?: We live in Botswana and bought an xbox s. Can i buy games online for the console with my credit card? 44704f72-fe0f-4cac-8ad4-4c9e808e3d6c
  3. I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game...: I tried to buy Xbox game pass using microsoft live digital card. card is consumed buy game pass is not activated on my subscription 9fbd7a25-7273-47ad-a43e-58f357085386
  4. I cant redeem a code or buy a game or live without a creditcard even if with a PayPal i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant redeem a code or buy a game or live without a creditcard even if with a PayPal i...: I cant redeem a code buy live or games without a creditcard. Even when a had a PayPal i was still required to have a creditcard I dont want a creditcard or PayPal to much difficulties. Why cant...
  5. Keeps prompting me to buy game pass ultimate or Xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keeps prompting me to buy game pass ultimate or Xbox live gold: I can’t play any online multiplayer games such as Modern Warfare ll and Vanguard. Every time I try to launch online multiplayer, it says that I have to purchase Xbox live gold or game pass...
  6. Can I buy game using easy paisa app as I live in Pakistan.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I buy game using easy paisa app as I live in Pakistan.: I live in Pakistan and don't have a debit or credit card. So can I buy a game using easypaisa app on Xbox store and if so how? Thanks 35275cb5-a835-49c2-a40a-71f3e67b593c
  7. Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to launch Fortnite on Xbox One S without it prompting me to buy Game Pass / Live Gold ?: My Game Pass Ultimate Subscription recently expired. I heard that at the end of February, Microsoft made it so you no longer need Xbox Live Gold to play certain games, such as Fortnite. So at...
  8. f I have Xbox live Gold and I buy a game which has its price reduced due to Xbox Live Gold,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    f I have Xbox live Gold and I buy a game which has its price reduced due to Xbox Live Gold,...: Hi! So, if I have Xbox live Gold and I buy a game which has its price reduced due to Xbox Live Gold, then will I not be able to play the game anymore if I cancel the subscription of Xbox Live...
  9. I redeemed my Xbox live currency code but it’s not showing up on my account so I can buy a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I redeemed my Xbox live currency code but it’s not showing up on my account so I can buy a game: I Purchased a currency card from GAMESTOP and I went to redeem the code and it worked but now the Microsoft store is not showing that I have that money applied. acdfa43c-a953-410b-8ef1-f5223a5541be
  10. Xbox game pass cancels my xbox live when i buy either one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game pass cancels my xbox live when i buy either one: When i buy xbox game pass for some reason it automatically makes its the ultimate edition and it cancels my xbox live how do i fix this 5481db94-52d5-4933-b5bd-759a4800ef5b