buying Minecraft for a friend in a diffrent region

Discus and support buying Minecraft for a friend in a diffrent region in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hi i wanna buy minecraft for a friend, am in the europe (finland), hes in asia (japan), and i have access to his MS account. so my question is if i log... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Luong_Max, Aug 5, 2023.

1. Luong_Max
    Luong_Max Guest

hi i wanna buy minecraft for a friend, am in the europe (finland), hes in asia (japan), and i have access to his MS account. so my question is if i log in to his account and buy minecraft using my currency, will the payment go through and my friend can log back in normally right? i wanna do this because, when i chose the "buy as gift" option, it says "you will receive a code that you can only redeem in the US".

:)

Luong_Max, Aug 5, 2023
  2. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

If you buy 2 $15 gift cards then you'll get two codes which your friend can redeem it.
  3. Anirban Sarkar1 Win User

4. ngocphi Win User

You don't

You need to buy a code from a retailer in his region.

As the codes are region locked
  5. [EX] Win User

thanks but well i got it solved with a guy from microsoft, which i think is a real human
    Nice ! ^^

Would you tell us how, so we can give a good advice for the next person with the same question?
  6. Luong_Max Win User

hi, thank you for your help but i have a question, on that microsoft gift card page, i see no option for 30usd, which is the price of the game. so do i buy 2 $15 gift cards, and will it send me 2 codes? or they combine it together and i get one code?

2: when i went to the FAQ section and then i see "Gift cards are in local currency, so when you buy a gift card it will only work in the country where it was purchased.".

- i'm now confused and i dont know what option to choose now.
Thema:

1. buying Minecraft for a friend in a diffrent region - Similar Threads - buying Minecraft friend

2. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  3. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  4. Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I brought Minecraft java and bedrock long time ago but today i check and it said "Buy Now": So i brought the Minecraft java and bedrock on November 7, 2023 at minecraft.net i play it until today so idk what going on i need help 986f3508-0a08-4ef5-b08f-bd72668b84ce
  5. if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    if i buy minecraft through instant gaming is there any chance of me not keeping it on my...: im asking this because im considering buying it from there because its cheaper but im not sure if it will work of it is even safe to do so cf4f0bf8-12aa-46e5-9d1f-37a5172d003f
  6. my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft account says that i need to buy the game. but i did the migration and i boght...: Goodafternoon, i have a question about my minecraft account. i tried to login on my pc. but it said that i didnt had the game on that account, i know for sure that i did the migration because i...
  7. I want to buy a Minecraft legacy key for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to buy a Minecraft legacy key for Xbox One: I want to buy a Minecraft legacy key for Xbox One, and I would like to know if it would work for Xbox Series S. Thanks in advance for any response or help e8ae3351-1409-4c2e-a113-3707ad62c6fb
  8. I was hacked into, got my account back, logged in and Minecraft says i need to buy the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was hacked into, got my account back, logged in and Minecraft says i need to buy the game...: My account was hacked, I got it back and signed into minecraft. When I did, I had to make a new username and now it's saying I don't have the game and have to buy it again. Can anyone please help?...
  9. Why I can't buy a minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can't buy a minecraft?: I just tried to buy a minecraft 67bee369-7aff-410e-990b-128c8a9b3ae4
  10. Why do I need to buy minecraft for playstation to crossplatform with my friend who uses...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy minecraft for playstation to crossplatform with my friend who uses...: Hi, I have a friend who owns minecraft on Playstation (I own minecraft for both Xbox and PC). I want to join him, but to do that I need to link my Microsoft account to Playstation to make it cross...