Buying compatible 360 games in Xbox Live Australia.

Discus and support Buying compatible 360 games in Xbox Live Australia. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Apologies in advance for the rant, just want to see if anyone else has experienced this. I got an Xbox One a few months ago and it's been great, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J4neway, May 14, 2017.

1. J4neway
    J4neway Guest

Apologies in advance for the rant, just want to see if anyone else has experienced this.

I got an Xbox One a few months ago and it's been great, but I've recently tried to purchase compatible 360 games on the Live store (the free Gold star wars game and Monaco: What's Yours is Mine) and I got the following error message: You have no valid payment
    options on file, even though I have a valid Australian Credit card on file which I have used for multiple Xbox One games

I contacted customer service and seemingly the problem is that my Microsoft account is set to US region (even though I cannot see this in the account info and I set my Microsoft account up in Australia a few years ago). The Xbox 360 store and the One store
    are different so that's why it has only been a problem with 360 games. But when I first bought the console I purchased Bejeweled (don't judge me) a 360 game, so it doesn't make sense.

I suggested migrating my account to Australia, but I was told that this could affect the licensing with my Xbox One games and i could lose some (which I do not want as I have quite a few), and was told that I would have to use a US credit card (which I don't
    have) or buy a disc copy of the game (not available in Aus).

I'm pretty annoyed I'm gonna miss out on the free Gold 360 games and other games not on disc. I'm thinking of chancing a migration, has anyone else experienced an issue like this?

:)

J4neway, May 14, 2017
  2. Seanzill
    Seanzill Guest
    Difference between region games?

just on the verge of buying destiny off play asia. There were two versions of destiny (one usa and one asia). There is not region locking as they are compatible with all xbox ones sold worldwide. Apart from that, is there any other problem i'll face? I bought
    my xbox one from australia and I'm able to play usa games without a problem. However, i'm considering to buy the destiny asia as it's cheaper and it ships quicker (2 days) and the us version is out of stock.

FYI i don't live in australia, i live in thailand, i just bought the xbox in australia.

Seanzill, May 14, 2017
  3. One game

Just remember before buying the Xbox One that it is not backwards compatible with 360 games.

MaximumExtreme, May 14, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

The xbox support has pinpointed the issue correctly. To get xbox 360 games part of bc for xbox one your physical location should match your account region.

M3tal Daz3, May 15, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

The xbox support has pinpointed the issue correctly. To get xbox 360 games part of bc for xbox one your physical location should match your account region.
  6. WPAK Win User

DATI SALVATI SU UN GIOCO 360 .[DATA SAVED ON A GAME 360.]

Web translation:

DATA SAVED ON A GAME 360.

HAPPY EVERYONE IF I HAVE SAVED A GAME 360 NN STILL COMPATIBLE WITH XBOX ONE, IF I BUY THE XBX ONE GAME THE DATA SAVED THEIR RECOVERY ??????????

Response:

Hi there,

if the save game is correctly saved on Xbox Live via cloud storage and the 360 game is supported via Backwards compatibility on Xbox One and you are using the same account on Xbox One as on the Xbox 360 then the save game should be available.

For more information or questions regarding Backwards compatibility please see this link:

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/console/compatibility-with-xbox-360-faq
  7. Awoken Elf Win User

Found a fix for players unable to use left 4 dead discs on xbox one

As i seen information where people are told it may be disc drive but mine plays all xbox one and 360 backward compatible discs no problem but left 4 dead i think microsoft needs to move the buy on xbox 360 or on xbox .com from the store listing as xbox
    live doesnt recognise its there and if the did the game would install easier as its the only game on the backward compatible store that says buy on 360 or from store.
  8. smileskybird Win User

April 18 2012 Vevo has released on xbox 360. Who has it?

PS I live in NZ so Australia probably has it too since New Zealand & Australia are both Xbox 360 PAL regions.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

Moved to a 220v region with a 110v Xbox 360, what now?

All power bricks are compatible with all xbox 360s. Just buy a new power brick from the country you live in.
Thema:

1. Buying compatible 360 games in Xbox Live Australia. - Similar Threads - Buying compatible 360

2. Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why will my xbox sires s not buy lords of the fallen if it's new in 2024: I literally just got money put on my microsoft account and wanted to buy lords of the fallen so when I went to the play store and buy it, it said oops sorry try again later I'm like why and I try...
  3. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  4. Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Where to buy buttons / switches for xbox adaptive controller?: Hi I have an xbox accessibility controller (the big rectangle controller) for a disabled friend and was wondering where do I buy switches / additional buttons to plug into the controller...
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft no longer a great company,do not buy Xbox Series X, no support when you get a...: I called the Microsoft help line for a launch (August 2020)console Xbox series X that my family gifted me for my birthday on March 2021. The console after a year and a half craped out. I was...
  7. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  8. If I where to buy a AI 4k tracking webcam that states that it’s only compatible for pc and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I where to buy a AI 4k tracking webcam that states that it’s only compatible for pc and...: I wanted to know so that I don’t waste my money d12c5cc4-b520-4129-9436-debb304d24ac
  9. Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't buy Xbox 360 back compat games on Xbox One or Xbox.com: Hi! I tried to buy Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles cause they are very cheap with Gold right now. But Xbox Store on my Xbox One says "You cant buy this game on Xbox One. Buy it on...
  10. Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to buy Peter Jackon's King Kong (Backwards Compat) for Xbox One? Why?: Hi everybody, I've recently been trying to buy King Kong (Backwards Compatible) off the Xbox store but for a while now, all it has been saying is 'King Kong is currently not available.' So now I...