Buying an used XBOX 360. Games associated with another LIVE.

Discus and support Buying an used XBOX 360. Games associated with another LIVE. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm going to buy an used Xbox 360 and the owner have 48 games on his LIVE account. He transfered all those games to the console HD already. Can I lose... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PlayfulTomcat79, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Buying an used XBOX 360. Games associated with another LIVE.

I'm going to buy an used Xbox 360 and the owner have 48 games on his LIVE account. He transfered all those games to the console HD already. Can I lose these games on the future? I'm going to use my own Xbox account.

What if he transfers the licenses to a new console? I wont be able to play these games anymore?

Thank you!!

:)

PlayfulTomcat79, Apr 19, 2017
  2. Danno McK.
    Danno McK. Guest
    Account Question...

Not really, for Xbox Live-enabled gamertags. You can pay 800 Points to change the gamertag to something else, freeing up the first one for use on another profile. Or you can change the Live ID associated with the gamertag to something else, so the
    first Live ID can be used on another gamertag.

(A local-only gamertag, which hasn't joined Xbox Live, can be deleted from your Xbox 360.)

Danno McK., Apr 20, 2017
  3. alexursell
    alexursell Guest
    windows live id is associated with another gamertag

alexursell, Apr 20, 2017
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

The property of the games is linked to the account that purchased these games. Yes if you use another account you might lose the games.

Side note when purchasing a second hand console you accept to take your own risk. Buyer beware!

M3tal Daz3, Apr 20, 2017
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

The property of the games is linked to the account that purchased these games. Yes if you use another account you might lose the games.

Side note when purchasing a second hand console you accept to take your own risk. Buyer beware!
  6. Danno McK. Win User

Account Question...

Not really, for Xbox Live-enabled gamertags. You can pay 800 Points to change the gamertag to something else, freeing up the first one for use on another profile. Or you can change the Live ID associated with the gamertag to something else, so the
    first Live ID can be used on another gamertag.

(A local-only gamertag, which hasn't joined Xbox Live, can be deleted from your Xbox 360.)
  7. Darth Bogey Win User

Digital game purchases through Microsoft?

The link I posted says...

You can download new games, add-ons for your favorite games, avatar accessories, music, and more from Xbox Live for your Xbox 360 console or Windows-based computer.

Note You make purchases from Xbox Live by using money in your Microsoft account or by using another payment method associated with your Xbox Live account, such as a credit card.

What other money in your Microsoft account are they talking about?
  8. Elohmn Win User

Deleting Accounts?

Entariel, you cannot Delete any Account from the Xbox LIVE/ Games for Windows LIVE Servers. You can only Delete it from a Local Storage Device (HDD) on an Xbox 360. You can however "free" up your Email that is attached (if you
    wish to use it on another Account) by simply changing the Associated Email to another Email.

Then simply never use the Profile again. You just need a temporary Email (a Hotmail Account is good for this) to change with the Profile you are using now to Post with.
  9. cossa669 Win User

Xbox Live security Changes asked to verify new email, Now its signed my email up to a new gamertag

It sounds to me like you have forgotten the Microsoft account associated with your xbox live account. When you have your Microsoft account associated with a Microsoft account it wont allow you to associate the Micorsoft account with another gamertag. Try
    another email address that you might have used on the xbox live account or call support, give them your gamertag, Confirm that you are the owner of the account by answerring the security questions and they will be able to confirm the Microsoft account associated
    with your xbox live account.
Thema:

1. Buying an used XBOX 360. Games associated with another LIVE. - Similar Threads - Buying used 360

2. If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a new or used internal hard drive for my 360 E can I still get the latest system...: My 360 E just shut off and won't power up so it looks like I need to buy another one because I cannot find anyone to repair mine. I know I can put my internal hard drive into the replacement but...
  3. If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I were to buy Left 4 dead 2 for the Xbox 360 and used it on my Xbox one, would I be able...: I'm buying an Xbox one soon to experience L4d2 and it's Dlc again, but I've been told I'll need a physical copy to play it since it was taken off the store, but could I buy the DLC or is it...
  4. I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un...: I have an XBox 360 Kinect from 2011. Which remote control can I buy to use it? Tengo un XBox 360 Kinect del 2011. Cual control remoto puedo comprar para utilizarlo?...
  5. If I buy a Xbox 360 in 2019 can I use it 100% offline?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    If I buy a Xbox 360 in 2019 can I use it 100% offline?: If I buy a Xbox 360 in 2019 can I use it 100% offline? Yes the 360 can be played without an internet connection and Forza Horizon 2 can be played offline as well. If my answer helped please...
  6. Cant use money on xbox 360 account to buy xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant use money on xbox 360 account to buy xbox live gold: I dont know but i cant use the £8.14 on my xbox 360 account to buy a 1 month subscription which would cost me £5.99. Please tell me how to FIX this. ed86b80c-6c3c-4a22-8483-b2f4e8463a8d
  7. Not able to use Microsoft Account Money to buy XBOX 360 content

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to use Microsoft Account Money to buy XBOX 360 content: Hello, I have a Xbox one. I used to own a Xbox 360. I have some money in my Microsoft Account balance. I wanted to buy some backwards compatible Xbox 360 game with my Microsoft Account money....
  8. Not able to use Microsoft Account balance to buy items on 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not able to use Microsoft Account balance to buy items on 360: I have 15$ in my microsoft account and when I want to buy something it gives me the option to click conffirm purchase but when I do, it does not allow me to use my Microsoft account it allows me...
  9. hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ...: hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where would i get it from as you have realised by now ive got about 4 gb left on my xbox one...
  10. If I buy a Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter can I use a xbox 360 headset? Also can I use any ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter can I use a xbox 360 headset? Also can I use any ...: If I buy a Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter can I use a xbox 360 headset? Also can I use any genuine 3.5mm headset on xbox one? 2875a717-75bf-4ae0-b80c-d208b4f59055