Buying a new Xbox in different country,

Discus and support Buying a new Xbox in different country, in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, Just a quick one. I'm a British expat living in Germany. Cutting to the chase I have an xbox back home in the UK, if I buy a new one out here can... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Turkish2803, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Turkish2803
    Turkish2803 Guest

Hi,

Just a quick one. I'm a British expat living in Germany. Cutting to the chase I have an xbox back home in the UK, if I buy a new one out here can I log into my UK account, download existing games linked to that account and would the xbox live membership
    work?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Turkish2803, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Buying Xbox One in a different country

Official Xbox Magazine | GamesRadar+

"But at the same time we said,
    this is a region-free console
    ," he added. "In regions like Switzerland where people speak German and French, they can get a German or French console. It'll work fine. They can log in to their marketplace, use their language, we don't geo-fence Live or any
    of the content any more. We don't have official language support - but the console still works."

SatNiteEduardo, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Draw176
    Draw176 Guest
    Buying Xbox One in a different country

lol - Although your intentions were good and you only sought to help a fellow XBL'er, I think the ya'll have only added to the confusion. I now I am now. lol

Draw176, Sep 20, 2018
  4. PetryBosch
    PetryBosch Guest

Hi,

so far as I know is the powergrid output in the UK identical to that of Germany.

so I assume it will work.

PetryBosch, Sep 20, 2018
  5. ChiefJoboo
    ChiefJoboo Guest
    Yes, but you would have to set your console's region to UK or your games will not work (unless they must by EU law). Just log in to your UK account with the xbox one region set to UK and everything will work just as if you were in the UK.

When setting up the console select the UK as your region. If you need to do this after setup do the following:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Select Settings. Select System. Select Language & location. Select your location from the list, and then select Restart now.

The xbox one S and X have universal power supplies so power will not be an issue, and if you need to you can use plain adapters for plugs.

The original xbox one is different, as the power supply is not universal. Both Germany and UK use 220v 50hz so there shouldn't be any problems except if they use different plugs.

ChiefJoboo, Sep 20, 2018
  6. Hello, Turkish2803!

Yeah, the licenses should be the same for Xbox live and any and all of your digitally downloaded games.

A good link to help with this question would be
    found here
    , in case you do experience any issues.

Let us know how this helped with your question

Thanks!

XBF Esteban R, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: