Buy Game Pass Ultimate for a child account

Discus and support Buy Game Pass Ultimate for a child account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have my children on a family account and I want to purchase my son a game pass subscription, but when he signs on and tried to purchase it it says he... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SeanForbush, Oct 24, 2022.

1. SeanForbush
    SeanForbush Guest

I have my children on a family account and I want to purchase my son a game pass subscription, but when he signs on and tried to purchase it it says he needs a parent to do this for him, and give no option for the parent to do it.

I went to manage my family plan, and the child accounts have no options to manage subscriptions.

I added a credit card to my child's account and required authorization to purchase anything. I went onto his account to purchase and I am told to ask an adult. There is not option to purchase the subscription for him. There is not option to give authorization for him to purchase it. There are no options as given throughout this entire process and I have been back and forth wasting my time on your system for an hour doing what I was told to end up here.

I found a similar question and the answer was from February 2021 that said to deactivate the requirement for authorization to purchase. Is this still Microsoft's only option to address this well known issue?

:)

SeanForbush, Oct 24, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: