Buy Destiny or wait for Halo 5?

Discus and support Buy Destiny or wait for Halo 5? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So if I were to get an XB1, I would want one of these games. I could either get Destiny and NHL 15 right off the bat. Or I could get Far Cry 4 and NHL... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KSlayer112, Jul 3, 2014.

1. KSlayer112
    KSlayer112 Guest

So if I were to get an XB1, I would want one of these games. I could either get Destiny and NHL 15 right off the bat. Or I could get Far Cry 4 and NHL 15 right of the bat and then just wait for Halo 5 in 2015 since Halo and Destiny are similar games. I'm
    a semi-patient person when it suits me, but I'm not sure what I would do. Thoughts on what would be the best option?

:)

KSlayer112, Jul 3, 2014
  2. xmarklive
    xmarklive Guest
    HALO MMO : Would you buy a Halo mmo game ?

HALO MMO : Would you buy a halo Massive online multiplayer game ? ( Like destiny)

xmarklive, Jul 3, 2014
  3. Fantastic announcements for E3 2014.

This might sound bad, but with Titanfall and Destiny coming out, Halo can wait another year.

DocHolliday 7, Jul 3, 2014
  4. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

They are very different games, destiny is more similar to a MMO and halo has multiplayer maps.

I would get destiny and pick up halo when you have some more money.

f00xm4n, Jul 3, 2014
  5. x24hrs2livex
    x24hrs2livex Guest
    Well if I could only get two games I would get the most value for my money. 4 Halo games is the better deal. But then if you have already played them do you really want to again? I would wait to make this decision until after Destiny releases so you can
    get feedback on it. How is the campaign, how is the coop, how is the PvP? All of those are questions I would want answered about Destiny.

x24hrs2livex, Jul 3, 2014
  6. Yeah, don't compare Destiny and Halo. Although they share the same foundation, they will each offer plenty things that'll set them apart. I say go ahead and get an X1 with Destiny and NHL 15. Then eventually the Master Chief Collection will come out and
    that'll give you your Halo fix. Because Halo 5 isn't coming our for a while and if you wait until then you won't be able to enjoy other great games like The Division, Sunset Overdrive, Batman, Quantum Break, etc.. Assuming they'll be great anyway. Go for it,
    "jump in"

Reedickyoulus, Jul 3, 2014
  7. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    I'm with 24 on this...I will no longer ever make assumptions that a game is going to be good or great. Wait until the game is out, read the reviews, quiz other gamers that have played it, are the servers reliable? After all checks out, then make the purchase.
    We need to stop handing our dollars over (in pre-orders) to publishers before finding out the game is broken or severely limping along.

Burnin TODI, Jul 3, 2014
  8. Buy Destiny or wait for Halo 5?

Destiny has been long in the works. If it turns out 2B half the game we expect it 2B it will still be a good one.

Halo 5... Umm... Long time off yet.

Nough said.

ElectroFlying, Jul 3, 2014
  9. CarringtonTV
    CarringtonTV Guest
    Destiny has a beta coming up in a few weeks, and many people will be streaming their gameplay on Twitch.tv . Very useful if you want to see if the game is something you'd actually like to begin with, before committing to buying it.

CarringtonTV, Jul 3, 2014
  10. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    Battlefield 4 was supposed to be the greatest too....6 patches later, still not up to par....just sayin'

Burnin TODI, Jul 3, 2014
  11. KSlayer112
    KSlayer112 Guest
    Alright.

@Reedick, Yes I plan on getting Sunset Overdrive too. As well as Forza Horizon 2, etc early into 2015. Same with Batman. Quantum break seems like a pretty good game aswell. Master Chief collection could solve my problems, good idea.

KSlayer112, Jul 3, 2014
  12. iBakez
    iBakez Guest
    @TODI, 6 patches later and its still not up to what battlefield fans expect, yet its still by far the best shooter on offer (IMO of course).

As for the OP's question, Destiny and Halo 5 are 2 completely different games.

out of your list, NHL15 and Destiny would be the 2 id pick up, never seen the appeal of far cry

iBakez, Jul 3, 2014
  13. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest

Destiny is nothing like Halo..

Auswulf, Jul 3, 2014
  14. eviltedi
    eviltedi Guest
    I agree with Auswolf7, and I think anyone saying Destiny is similar to Halo , or hoping or thinking it is is in for a shock, there are some similarities, but the games are different, get both, I can't imagine Halo 5 being here until Nov 2015.

eviltedi, Jul 3, 2014
  15. III Cujo III
    III Cujo III Guest
    I am uber keen for Destiny, so roll with that!

III Cujo III, Jul 3, 2014
Thema:

1. Buy Destiny or wait for Halo 5? - Similar Threads - Buy Destiny wait

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    DON'T BUY THE ELITE PRO 2! And definitely don't send it in for repair, if you want it to...: Sent in my Elite Pro 2 controller, since the left bumper stopped responding consistently. It came back a week and a half later, and the techs apparently used a freaking crowbar to pry the face...
  4. How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I secretly buy a game for my bf on his Xbox?: I want to preorder the new college football game for my bf and seen there is a package deal with the deluxe version of that game and madden 25. I don’t play those games lol so I don’t know what...
  5. Will Microsoft buy Steam?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will Microsoft buy Steam?: Hello Microsoft! I've known since last month that the company would be interested in buying Valve, which owns Steam, and this generated a lot of controversy, is this information true? Look what a...
  6. IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...

in XboX Insiders
    IA gaming language. I knows a lot of people doesn't buy and play games in the reason of...: With IA you can translate audio in every language of the world. This feature, as you can understood, Is essential for gamers and developer and could be added as a accessibility setting, or instead...
  7. Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way for me to buy Elden ring and use it on Xbox and pc?: I really want to buy Elden ring, but I want to be able to play it on my pc and Xbox. Is there any way to be able to do that without buying 2 copies? submitted by /u/_Booker_DeWitt_ [link]...
  8. Do I have to buy a new Xbox or ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do I have to buy a new Xbox or ?: I was playing r6 and i got kicked out the game I was trying to sign back it and was saying you been ban from this Xbox console network like for no reason do I buy a new Xbox or is there another...
  9. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  10. I can't buy any games on microsoft

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't buy any games on microsoft: I am trying to buy minecraft and for some reason I can't buy it. It says my account doesn't have access to it. I have a similar problem when I try to play halo infinite because I can't access the...