Buttons in my contoller completly stopped working but joysticks still do

Discus and support Buttons in my contoller completly stopped working but joysticks still do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today the buttons on my xbox controller completly stopped working, they had been sticking for a couple of days but today they unstook but they now dont... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Abstract ., Jun 23, 2023.

1. Abstract .
    Abstract . Guest

Today the buttons on my xbox controller completly stopped working, they had been sticking for a couple of days but today they unstook but they now dont work at all, the home button and joysticks still work which is confusing. Been through the process on the help program and want to know if there is any other solutions only had the controller since december 2022

:)

Abstract ., Jun 23, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm an independent advisor and a member of the Xbox Community just like you.

I'm happy to help you today.

Your problem seems to be related to some hardware failure, unfortunately it is necessary to open the controller and verify the root of the problem, if you have warranty you can apply it.

Submit an application at this link:

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

There you will see your registered devices, select the device that presents the problem and select "Next", fill in the necessary data and you will be able to create your order.

I hope the instructions were clear, I will keep an eye out for any questions you may have.

Greetings
  3. Badlands BE Win User

Any solution to my Xbox series x controller blinking vibrating then shutting off?

Hey I'm back and the swap batteries worked and synced up with my Xbox but when I try to play with my brothers the controller would turn off and when we would turn it back on the buttons stop working but the triggers and joystick still work.
  4. Bogi x3 Win User

How to connect a controller to mobile android

All Xbox one S contoller have bluethooth, It Works on my Gaxaly S6. All I do is turn on bluethooth and push the sync button on the Controller and wait until the contoller show up and pair them. Not sure if all tablet have bluethooth, but I think most of
    them have
  5. Aiobhann Win User

XAC X1/X2 inputs

Updating for anyone else who might end up with this problem:

After further testing and trying things out, I've found the XAC X1/X2 slots give random, constant joystick output when you plug in a cable that's not attached to something that's programmed as a joystick.

In effect, if you just plug in a working cable, a working cable attached to a working button, or a working cable attached to a not working joystick, it will appear to "spin" in games.

One of my joysticks had a tight connection. I have reduced hand strength, so I didn't realize the cable wasn't completely pushed in until I managed it by accident. Once the cable was pushed fully into the joystick, the spinning stopped.

My second joystick appears to be dead. Even after having someone else make sure the cable was pushed in all the way, it still "spins" aka, doesn't pick up.
  6. MaycoMesa Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues

Is there any current fix to this elite 2 contoller left joystick drift. Beyond annoying havent even had this controller but a few montths now.
Thema:

1. Buttons in my contoller completly stopped working but joysticks still do - Similar Threads - Buttons contoller completly

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Sync button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sync button: My xbox sync button doesnt work but my controller sync button does work but i cant connect my controller wired or wireless is there any way i can connect it without my xbox sync button...
  4. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  5. Can you swap the screenshare button to "Hold" for screenshot and press for game clip?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can you swap the screenshare button to "Hold" for screenshot and press for game clip?: I prefer to press the screenshare button for game clips and would like for "hold" to take a screen shot. Is this at all possible? I tried EVERYTHING!!! a8b09abe-705b-4223-b233-7ba7d9ecd0c1
  6. No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?

in XBoX on Windows
    No appeal button, XBOX ban.. how does this make sense?: please help someone, there is no appeal button, no option anywhere. no contact email or phone number. I have been suspended for 48 hours for posting this in LFG "FLASH SALE, Maps 25©aps each,...
  7. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  8. Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller only connects to my PC if I hold down on the bluetooth button on...: I click the xbox button on the controller and it acts as if it's not connected to anything. But as soon as I click down on the bluetooth search button on the controller, my PC recognizes it...
  9. Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller buttons registering to keyboard buttons: I connected my xbox controller to my pc and when i tried to play games with it the buttons didnt work right. For example I was playing a game on my computer and when i pressed the A button it...
  10. xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working: the share button on the xbox controller works when connected via cable but not when connected via bluetooth. my software is up to date, I have done everything including pairing again but my...