Button not working on wireless controller. How can I return it for warranty or repair?

Discus and support Button not working on wireless controller. How can I return it for warranty or repair? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Button LB is not working at all. How can I return it for warranty or repair? e9b440f3-3c74-4e07-b231-98253528ea32 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JokermanNL, Jan 2, 2017.

1. JokermanNL
    JokermanNL Guest

Button not working on wireless controller. How can I return it for warranty or repair?

Button LB is not working at all.

How can I return it for warranty or repair?

:)

JokermanNL, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Obiadia
    Obiadia Guest
    How do I know if my 360 elite wireless controller is under warranty?

*subject*

I ask this because within the last month I had to return 3 brand new 360 elite wireless controllers because they kept moving my character around the screen without me touching the joysticks. It's starting to happen again and I don't want to return this
    "brand new" controller for the fourth time. Am I still under warranty and how do I return it to you for repairs or do I receive a new controller from you guys (equal exchange). Do I have to register this controller with you guys in order to receive the warranty?
    If so, how?

Obiadia, Jan 2, 2017
  3. TabascoTX
    TabascoTX Guest
    LED's on Slim Console Not working.

Ive got an Xbox 360 Slim. None of the LED's on the front of it are working at all. Not the power button or remote LED's or anything. It does power on if I touch the button. But will not power on with the Wireless controller. It will power on with the Media
    remote. And the wireless controller does work once its powered on. The wireless controller is an official Xbox controller un-modded. Any ideas? Obviously it gonna have to be repaired, and it is out of warranty,i checked that. So I was wondering if its something
    easily done,and if anyone had an idea of what the issue is.

TabascoTX, Jan 2, 2017
  4. WPAK Win User

Broken Bumper

5. Judge Win User

Lied to by support reps!

You need to return the items with the receipt to wherever you bought them and tell them they are defective. They should be able to exchange them for new items. That's really the only thing you can do, unless you want to send the controllers back to Microsoft
    to be repaired since they fall under warranty.

You have a 90 day automatic warranty for accessories:
    support.xbox.com/.../warranty-and-registration-faq

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-functions-improperly
  6. Christyna64 Win User

Controller not syncing and "you'll need the internet for this"

7. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Xbox day one controller LB wobbles, and makes odd noises.

Hey there, you can request an exchange/repair
    here
    . I'm not sure if they can guarantee a Day One controller in return however.
  8. Karen McAfee Win User

CONTROLLER DRIFT

No, this one was actually a new, customized one I got my son for Christmas (last year) and was returned to Microsoft for repair within the first 90 days--Microsoft returned it to me with this issue, which it did not have before being sent in for repair.

By the time I got around to talking to Microsoft about the second repair, the 30 day repair window had expired and they said "too bad" basically. Apparently, customized controllers only have a 90 day warranty, and repairs a 30 day warranty. So now I have
    a new, custom controller that doesn't work.
Thema:

1. Button not working on wireless controller. How can I return it for warranty or repair? - Similar Threads - Button working wireless

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller wont stay on. It will work if i hold the power button: Controller wont stay on unless i hold the power button. I have tried all options, new batteries, update, reset both system and controller with no luck whatsoever....
  4. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  5. Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of the buttons on my Series X controller just stopped working...: Hi! I was playing Forza Horizon 5 when I went back to the Home Screen to do something but after I did that my controller decided it didn't wanna respond to anything unless I was pressing the Xbox...
  6. Xbox buttons not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox buttons not working: A few months ago most of my controllers (Xbox series x/s (but use on my Xbox one)) buttons randomly stopped working. It is updated (5.20.7.0). The Xbox power button works as does the analogue...
  7. Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.

in XboX Insiders
    Original Xbox not powering on but eject button works.: Found my original Xbox, brand new condition. Plugged in Power, plugged in AV, the power button simply does not work. However the eject button for the CD does work, whilst it doesn’t extend the CD...
  8. LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB button not working in Elite Series 2 controller: When I bought the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. I played with the controller for a few weeks. Later the LB button had a problem where it only works if you press it one point or press it a lot....
  9. My sync button doesn’t work and I can’t connect my wireless headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    My sync button doesn’t work and I can’t connect my wireless headset: My sync button just doesn’t work, past warranty, not enough money to buy a new Xbox. If it’s possible, a sync ‘button’ in settings could help if this happens to anyone else. I know the headset...
  10. The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on.: The wireless controller on the Xbox 360 E does not work. The guide button does not turn on. 2134053a-8713-414c-8e4f-8aa0cd3aa582